Ray Oldhafer on Dr. Drew's Podcast: Episode 13

Discussion in 'Other Shows' started by beaverbucks, Feb 16, 2013.

1. beaverbucks

beaverbucks New Member

Reputations:
    Ray tells Drew Adam DID collect a couple of unemployment checks. We hear more about Ray's two year as a shut-in and a why Adam and Ray aren't speaking. Ray also mentions that Adam surrounds with people he pays. Sound like anyone we know? Dr. Drew's podcast is actually very good. It's a nice quiet come down after listening to a week's worth of Adam.

By the way, is anyone disappointed with the Adam (and a tiny bit of Drew) Show? It's just Adam ranting about what a genius he is and then a few calls. Since Adam has that format 5 days a week on his own podcast he needs to let Drew talk and take more calls.

I will always love Adam but I think I need to take my listening down to one or two days a week. The cracks are starting to show.

2. CAPTAIN KIRK

CAPTAIN KIRK New Member

Reputations:
    Show sucks. Carolla is a uni-browed Hungarian half=breed pretending to be Italian. Cry harder Adam you bitch....:sarcastic:

3. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ray and Adam are on the outs? I'll have to check it out. I listen to Carolla daily, but haven't listened to either of Dr. Drew's new podcasts.

In fact, I don't really listen to any of the other podcasts on his network. I used to listen to the Film Vault and The Big 3 Podcast, but of course they got the boot.

4. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    love ray, that weekly ace on the house podcast with ray is pretty good. what are they fueding about? money?
    i agree about too much adam, he would be better served letting his guests talk.

al bundy on carolla today.

5. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    just listened to ray & drew...great show, i really like ray & he could make money going on the road with adam doing shows...carolla doesn't recognize that i'm sure.
    link:
    http://drdrew.com/013-ray-oldhafer/

6. beaverbucks

beaverbucks New Member

Reputations:

This is a great idea. Ray is thoughtful and funny and more than just an "animal" as Adam describes him. Adam has said many times he needs people around him who knew him before he was funny; people who will keep him grounded. Well according to Ray, he doesn't have any of those people around him anymore. It's showing. He's been going on about how he doesn't need to see other people's art or hear what other people have to say because it muddies his thoughts. He's got so much thinking going on that he can't let anybody else in his head. What the fuck is he talking about? He's smart but he needs get some perspective. He can build houses, race cars and tell jokes. He's not curing cancer. I never got the Aspergers comparisons. But his narcissism is off the charts.