Recline Gate 2

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by CrucifiedAGT, Aug 29, 2014.

1. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    Ok, its not Sharknado 2, but if you travel for work, you know what kind of POS you'd have to be to use one of these things, and how shitty the airlines are to cram us all in like cattle. Howard related because he flies coach and knows what the rest of us go through.

Recline-Gate 2: Another Plane Diverted After Passenger Leans Back

An American Airlines flight headed from Miami to Paris had to be diverted into Boston airport late on Wednesday night after two passengers began arguing and the argument turned physical. The disagreement was sparked by the hot button issue of the week: seat reclining.

This is the second such incident in the last week. A Newark-to-Denver flight ended up in Chicago on Sunday after a man attached a "Knee Defender"gadget to the seat in front of him to prevent it from reclining, and got a cup of water in the face from the woman sitting there as a response. An online debate about the ethics of leaning back has been raging ever since.

Edmond Alexandre, a 61-year-old Parisian man, got into a dispute with the unnamed passenger in front of him who attempted to recline his seat. Alexandre began increasingly upset, grabbing the arm of a flight attendant who was attempting to smooth over the situation. It was at that moment that air marshals, who were on the flight undercover, had to intervene. The marshals were able to successfully restrain Alexandre until the flight landed in Boston.

http://news.yahoo.com/recline-gate-2-another-plane-diverted-passenger-leans-022221603.html

smichal likes this.
  2. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I fucking hate people that recline all the way. They should disable the recliner on all of the seats. I also hate the retards that don't put their seat back when landing and have to be told again by the flight attendant.

EndOfLine, Droog, reno and 5 others like this.
  3. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
  4. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    Recliners in coach are honorary enwurds. I love pointing the air nozzles at their heads.

5. CrucifiedAGT

Reputations:
    It drives me NUTS. On the other hand, that device will only cause chaos. Imagine a fucking plane diverted because two animals are fighting over reclining????

6. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yes. Take it away from everyone. Glue those fuckers in place.

7. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

:D

AllAboutHim Ed, Ctanner, chuk and 2 others like this.
  8. CrucifiedAGT

Reputations:
    I agree. You cant use it on take off and landing anyhow. Might as well eliminate it all together.

Or just take away two-three rows, charge proportionally more per seat, and give everyone a little more room.

9. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Good-fucking-luck with that one.

mothra1orbit, Jayla and CrucifiedAGT like this.
  10. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    CrucifiedAGT likes this.
  11. CrucifiedAGT

Reputations:
    Oh I know. Airline travel from the TSA to seating has become a nightmare. That's why anything within 300-500 miles is always a drive for me. I have a F-150 that I trade in every 3 years now. I am putting 40-50K per year on it.

jennyb, Rockside7 and Mr Fantastic like this.
  12. CrucifiedAGT

Reputations:
    Mr Fantastic and AllAboutHim Ed like this.
  13. AllAboutHim Ed

Reputations:
    I've always used my knees and make it miserable for the recliner if they happen to get back before I could block. I've had a few exchanges.

I was blasting a guy with a big bald spot and comboover with the air and he tried to move them and I slapped his hand like a mother protecting the cookie jar and said that those are my air vents and will put them where I choose.

His combover hair was blowing all over the place and he finally gave up.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  14. SomerSky

SomerSky Obsessed with what I hate Banned User

Reputations:
    So a couple of weeks ago I was in a window seat of 3, and the middle seat was taken by a HUGE MAN seriously could barely fit in the fucking seat, his fat was squeezed in....the guy that you see getting on the plane, and just KNOW he is coming to sit right next to you.....AND had to use a seat extender belt.....Seriously????? that to me is SOOOOO much worse than the recline issue....I could not even get elbow space....I felt claustrophobic!!!!
    Flying is a fucking nightmare!

15. CrucifiedAGT

Reputations:
    You sound like a party. Seriously, the whole air travel experience puts people at defcon 1.

The only route I have ever been on that isn't angry is the morning flight to Las Vegas.

16. cg256

cg256 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I have no problem with people in front of me reclining during flights, and I cram myself into the sardine cans Frontier puts in the air. But then again, I'm not a fattie, nor a drama queen, so people reclining on a long flight doesn't make me feel as if my human rights have been violated.

17. AllAboutHim Ed

Reputations:
    American tried that in the late 90s reconfiguring their entire fleet in an attempt to counter United's economy plus. Just as American was finishing their fleet they realized it was a bad idea from a $ perspective and then put them all back the way they were before.

CrucifiedAGT likes this.
  18. AllAboutHim Ed

Reputations:
    I was flying over 100k a year for many years. You get jaded and really pissy when your upgrade doesn't come through and you have to sit with steerage.

19. Tish

Tish Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  20. CrucifiedAGT

Reputations:
    Your are as nutty as you are cute (probably).

They are probably technically legal, for the moment, but they drive people to unspeakable acts. Unless you are into that kind of thing.

Tish likes this.