Reggie NY cop clobbers reggie fare beater

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by John Sterling, Nov 21, 2014.

1. John Sterling

John Sterling Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    NYPD officer caught on tape smashing alleged fare beater in head with baton at Brooklyn subway station
    The shocking crack Thursday evening opened a massive gash on 20-year-old Donovan Lawson's head, spraying bystanders at the Myrtle Avenue J, M, Z station with blood. 'It looked like his head exploded,' one witness told the News.
    BY Sasha Goldstein
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Published: Friday, November 21, 2014, 3:04 PM
    Updated: Friday, November 21, 2014, 3:53 PM
    • A
    • A
    • A
    Share this URL

A brutal video catches an NYPD officer bash an alleged fare beater in the head with a baton, opening a gash in the man’s head and sending him stumbling around the Brooklyn subway station in a daze.

Blood spurted from the cut and sprayed witnesses and the walls at the Myrtle Avenue J, M, Z stop during the arrest Thursday just before 8 p.m., Marielle Anas told the Daily News.

“It was one of the most awful things I’ve ever seen,” Anas, 28, said. “I have blood all over my jeans. The brutality of the nightstick – it was crazy. It looked like his head exploded. I couldn’t believe I was seeing it happen.”

Anas was on her way home from work when she stumbled upon the scene in the mezzanine area of the Bushwick station. The man was sitting on a wooden bench as the officer towered over the alleged fare beater and threw at least three punches at the baby-faced man’s head.

[​IMG] Skuf YKK/via YouTube
    Video shows an NYPD hitting 20-year-old Donovan Lawson in the head with a nighstick after he allegedly jumped fare at Myrtle/Broadway subway station in Brooklyn.

Enlarge
    A video captures the unnamed NYPD officer bash 20-year-old Donovan Lawson in the head with a nighstick Thursday after he allegedly jumped the turnstile at the Myrtle Ave. station in Brooklyn.

Enlarge
    “The kid wasn’t doing anything – that’s why I started recording,” Anas said. “If he can't subdue this kid – he wasn’t even resisting that much!”

As Anas began filming, other bystanders, including the man’s girlfriend, began to yell at the officer to stop the beatdown. Anas went to call 911 just as the officer pulled out his truncheon and cracked the man on the head, sending him reeling across the room in a daze as blood poured from his skull.

Another clip, first obtained by PIX 11, captures the officer brutally arresting the man, identified as 20-year-old Donovan Lawson, and using the nightstick across his head, reportedly in violation of New York Police Department policy.

Blood is seen pouring from Lawson's forehead after he absorbed the blow, leaving him stumbling around the station in a daze, a witness said.

Enlarge
    The unnamed officer made the collar after smashing the young man in the head with a baton.

Enlarge
    “Everyone was horrified,” Anas said. “There were at least 30 or 40 people that gathered. It just seemed so obvious that it was unnecessary violence.”

The NYPD Internal Affairs Unit is investigating the incident, according to PIX 11. Lawson has no prior arrest, a source told the station, but was arrested for fare beating, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and disrupting government administration.

The NYPD did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Raw: Violent arrest in subway sparks investigation
    NY Daily News

[​IMG]
    Lawson was hospitalized for his head wound, as was the officer, who reportedly had hand and wrist injuries.

Anas said police frequently harass young people in the station “for no reason.” She tried to get the offending officer’s badge number, but was rebuffed by officers who ordered bystanders to clear the station.

“It’s just so jarring,” Anas said, remembering almost breaking down as she made the short walk home. “It was horrible. I couldn’t believe my eyes.”

2. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0 Xavier's water boy Banned User

Reputations:
    Cops are getting fed up with their shit like the rest of us

3. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

Reputations:
    If you don't know, this is what NYPD has to put up with... I've seen it first hand

4. snowdog212

snowdog212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Black on Black Keep moving nothing to see here

Thedomina and AllAboutHim Ed like this.
  5. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    that's close to your neck of the woods.

don't jump the friggin' turnstile and this shit won't happen.

6. smellmyfinger

smellmyfinger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fuckin A right

h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0 likes this.
  7. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  8. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Seems like the kind of treatment one would reserve for a wife beater rather than fare beater, I guess this cop has a rather strict code of justice.

AllAboutHim Ed likes this.
  9. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    as they all should.

i paid my fare every day. why should this jerk get to ride for free, no doubt taking up two seats because of the reggie-required minimum of 10 feet of space between the right and left knees, and menacing other passengers if they try to sit down after a day of WORK.

fuck him.

10. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:

Worldstar, yo!!!!

Oh wait, this isn't some helpless grandmother getting beaten by a gang of thugs. The typical Worldstar crowd won't be interested.

11. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

Reputations:
    Hey Bye You!

I can't seem to reply or send private messages... but, much respect. I was at the 73, 7, 9 among others.

Bye You! likes this.
  12. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Holder and Obama will obviously investigate this serious incident.

13. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    NO JUSTICE NO PEACE!!!
    BLACK LIVES MATTER!
    YES WE CAN!!

14. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    Fortunately this story contains a video which once again demonstrates just how completely and utterly Google has fucked up YouTube.

15. Richards Dad

Richards Dad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So the witness says "he wasn't resisting that much". My question is, at what point is it too much? If the fucker doesn't want to be hit, start by not breaking the god damned law. If you choose to do so anyway and get caught, DON'T FUCKING RESIST AT ALL!! If you're in the right, fight it in the courtroom.

Dumb motherfuckers are used to society allowing them to do whatever the hell they want to. I'm hoping our country is reaching its boiling point

h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0 and Bye You! like this.
  16. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

Reputations:
    I love how they never show the 5 minutes leading up to the "abuse"...

You know, when the perp, uh, future scientist invites the nice officer over for tea.

John Sterling and Richards Dad like this.
  17. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

Reputations:
    They don't care because they know the family will sue the city and hit the ghetto lottery (our tax dollars) and get put on a pedestal by the media, opportunists and local officials.

Bye You! likes this.
  18. Richards Dad

Richards Dad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You're absolutely right. These fuckers are hoping to hit that jackpot and get their name out there for any reason. Even that piece of shit Rodney King gained noteriety that lasted well beyond the riots in LA. Didn't he end up on a reality show at some point?

h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0 likes this.
  19. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    I'm not saying it was right that he did it but I don't care that he did it. Then again I think executions should be standard for shoplifting on up to murder. Fuck it......either you are an asset to society or a burden. :fil:

20. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    As usual with these videos I would like to see what happened that led up to where the clip starts. Nice low/high combo with the baton BTW.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014