Rehashed Bullshit Stories

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by noname2, Jul 30, 2012.

1. noname2

noname2 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    On this slow day I've been reading Beth's 2008 interview with City Tails "magazine". In it Beth recounts how they came to get Bianca, the retarded Bulldog. I did edit it for your comfort.

September 15, 2008 in Celebrity Interviews, September 2008 by Tails Magazine
    By Janice Brown

From the moment Beth walked in for our photo shoot at the shelter, it was clear that she was much more than just another celebrity lending her face for publicity. She walked down the hall, looked at an employee, and immediately blurted out, “Wow, you’re not fat anymore!” She quickly let me know that Jen recently had a baby, and our next stop was at Jen’s computer to admire baby photos of her adorable daughter. Beth “oohed” and “aahed” at each one, as she waved and chatted with other staff members who walked by. Everyone knows her, and they’re used to her hands-on approach, visiting the shelter often to check on the animals she loves and cares about so much.

How long have you been an animal lover?
    My whole life. My parents instilled that in us since we were babies. When they brought us home from the hospital, they put us down on the ground to meet Suzie-Dog, their first baby, a mutt they had rescued a couple years before. Our whole life we rescued animals. My parents would take us to the local shelter just to show us what that was all about. It was just such a major thing in our lives.

You got your current dog, Bianca, before you began working with NSALA, right?
    Yes. [Howard and I] were obsessed with English Bulldogs, so we spent two years researching breeders. We met the dogs, spent time looking to see what kind of environment these dogs were bred in, and when we went to the breeder’s house to see the pregnant Bulldog whose puppy we were promised, she had a whole house full of Bulldogs. And there was an adult Bulldog [who] kept coming over to Howard and me and sitting on our laps and licking us. I said to Howard, “This one is so special. I hope we get one [who] has a disposition just like this.” So [the breeder] said, “Oh, not that one, you don’t want one like that. She’s a bit ‘mentally challenged’ and she has a wiggle in her walk, so I can’t use her to breed.” Lo and behold, that was the dog who came home with us that day.

How old was she?
    She was a little over a year.

Even better than a puppy, especially in New York City, with the midnight peeing and all that puppy energy!
    Absolutely, yeah, she came completely trained. She stays, she doesn’t go on furniture, she doesn’t bark. I think she has a life of luxury compared to the life she would’ve had to live, and she’s just the perfect dog for us. But any other dog [who] enters our home from now on will be rescued. We’re heavily involved in the Long Island Bulldog Rescue.

The rest I put in here because it showcases Beth's amaaazing command of the english language!

That’s amazing. Your passion for animals goes beyond dogs and cats, doesn’t it?
    Oh gosh, yes. Along with Howard, I am heavily, heavily involved with Wildlife Rescue Center of the Hamptons. Every summer, there have been instances when Howard and I are taking a walk on the beach, and there’s a hurt danet, which is a bird, or else there’s a deer.

I recall a story Howard told on the radio about you rescuing a bird in the road.
    Oh, the swan! He went for a landing, and because it was dark and he thought the reflection on the pavement was the pond, this beautiful swan nose-dove into the cement, and his beak was broken and crooked backward.

It happened right in front of you?
    I didn’t see him land, but it was so obvious what had happened. He was walking with his beak, and it was turned the other way, and he didn’t know where he was going. He was walking in traffic, so I took this big tree branch and was keeping him to the side. I actually took a course on rescuing, but needed some help with this one. My friend Jim, who works at the rescue, came and scooped him up into the van and let him go in the pond he had tried to get into; it was a few feet over. They do so many amazing things. They really do. What’s more beautiful than the wildlife? That’s what makes the Hamptons so special.

She’s got the life! Does she sleep in the bed with you?
    She’s never been on furniture, and she snores so loudly, so we have beds [for her] in every room in the house except for our bedroom. But lately she’s been sneaking in, in the middle of the night, and you hear logs—just the loudest snoring. Howard, he’s just like, “Get the dog out of here!” Of course, I say, “You get her out.” Neither of us wants to get up, so she ends ups with a nice night’s sleep, and we don’t.

Does Howard share a lot of responsibilities with you with Bianca?
    He’s really good with her. He’s really the busiest man in the world, and yet he always has time for her. On weekends, they share their special beach walks, which I’m not invited on.

2. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...wow so strange shes sooooo much like mother teresa

3. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So, Bianca was retarded.

4. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    She didn't mention how they got Bianca from a "rescue breeder" in this story.

5. flailingfish

flailingfish New Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

6. kippy

kippy Not Safe For Women VIP

Reputations:

No wonder Beth liked her. They had so much in common.

7. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "you're not fat anymore" to the woman who just had a baby!
    Maybe that's why she doesn't want to have kids.

8. LessMoonbeams

LessMoonbeams New Member

Reputations:

==============

Maybe she's a he ?

9. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was expecting "Jen" to be revealed to be a dog. Can't believe she said that to a human.

10. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

OMG she meant a Gannet :facepalm:

11. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Cannot stand people who are always so careful to say "rescued" when they talk about adopting an animal from a shelter. Yes, it is a decent and humane thing to do, but you are also getting something out of it for yourself, it doesn't make you the Florence Nightingale of the animal kingdom. Beyond that, the people who do the real rescuing are the workers and vets who find animals in often horrible conditions and bring them back to health.

12. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I rescued a sandwich for lunch today.

13. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    And a gimp to boot!

14. wharf rat

wharf rat Member

Reputations:
    Wait. She called a (formerly) pregnant chick "fat?" Miss Congeniality, this mare.

15. guruhugz

guruhugz Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hope she had her servant there with the Purell to wash away the common people stench from her hands.

16. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    I would have decked her in that ginormous jaw of hers had she said that to me.

What a cunt.

17. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
  18. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Well-Known Member

Reputations:

What about his KIDS?
    Does he take care of his kids?

[video=youtube;LaPHPQt91w8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaPHPQt91w8[/video]

19. guruhugz

guruhugz Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The CEO of NSAL was there with a bag of oats just in case Beth got hungry.

20. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard and Beth don't have any kids.