Politics Reliable CNN Poll: Dead Heat! (FBI Might Have Exonerated Hillary But Public Hasn't!!)

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by OV, Jul 16, 2016.

1. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    July 14

If Hillary Clinton and her supporters figured that the email scandal had finally been put to rest when the FBI recommended that no charges be filed, they got several bits of unwelcome news this week. Not least of which is a new poll showing Hillary's support sagging in the wake of the FBI's decision.

The latest New York Times/CBS poll, released on Thursday, finds that the share of people who think Clinton is not honest and trustworthy jumped 5 percentage points in the wake of the FBI's findings that she'd been "extremely careless" in her handling of highly confidential information while secretary of state.

The poll found that Trump and Clinton were tied at 40% each, with Clinton dropping 3 points while Trump gained 3 over the past month.

This isn't an outlier. Clinton's average support in all the polls taken since the FBI decision is just 40.8%. She averaged 44.9% in polls taken the month before, according to polling data from Real Clear Politics. The latest IBD/TIPP poll, conducted before the FBI's decision, showed Clinton over Trump 44-40%.

Meanwhile, state polling by Quinnipiac shows Clinton now trailing Trump in key battleground states of Florida and Pennsylvania. (Clinton had led in both the month before). Two new polls show Clinton and Trump tied in Ohio.

How much of this is the result of the email scandal? Potentially a lot of it. A Washington Post/ABC News poll that found 56% disapproved of FBI Director James Comey's recommendation that no charges be brought against Clinton. Only 35% approved. Even among Democrats, nearly a third thought Comey was wrong.

That poll also found that 57% said the email issue made them "worry about how Clinton might handle her responsibilities if she's elected president."

And the email story itself isn't over. The State Department announced that it will release emails that Clinton had failed to turn over, despite her repeated claims that she turned over all her work emails. Given the troubling facts uncovered in the email that Clinton didn't try to hide, one can only imagine what's in the ones she tried to bury.

Clinton's legal troubles might not be over, either. As CNN's Jake Tapper notes, Clinton could find herself in trouble for lying to Congress when she testified last October that "there was nothing marked classified on my emails."

When asked at a House hearing about that statement, Comey said simply: "That's not true."
    We have argued in this space that the issue isn't whether Clinton broke the law (which she clearly did), but what her use of a private email server said about her fitness to serve in the White House. Our view is and has been that her unbelievably reckless handling of national security secrets, and her constant lying about it, disqualified her from the presidency.

http://www.investors.com/category/politics/editorials/

2012 Presidential Polls: CNN More Reliable Than Reuters According To Nate Silver's site

[​IMG]

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytime...best-and-worst-in-the-2012-presidential-race/

2. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    :jj:

stupid witch! her arrogance led to this pain in her ass! funny stuff!

babybear, 1Vegasgirl, reno and 3 others like this.
  3. johnfreeman1

johnfreeman1 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I can't wait for the debates

Wigward, babybear, 1Vegasgirl and 8 others like this.
  4. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I think if you're the Trump team your concern is that this FBI deal happened today and not a few months from now
    People have short memories these days--like real fucking short ones
    It's ridiculous really---something wrong with our brains now

5. Slow

Slow My name is my name DawgShed News

Reputations:
    I think it also has a lot to do with Trump having a good and uneventful few weeks.

The last set of polls was after he was attacking the judge about being mexican. That hurt him.

He has been doing well and came out looking good after he predicted everything right about the Brexit.

Like it or not, these terrorists attacks in France and Florida also help him. Its a major wake up call to people.

The dems missed their chance to get Biden in with no indictment.

6. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    Well yeah but MSNBC is reporting that the truck that killed those people in Nice was white, so that should help Cankles.

babybear, Domo Cup, sstressed and 2 others like this.
  7. Pigsaw

Pigsaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Trumps numbers haven't really changed much. He's been around 40% all along. Plus or minus the margin of error. Which means he's not picking up any new voters. Adding Pence wont help. Clinton's numbers, no surprise. are all over the place. It's always been her election to lose.

Mulletude and No Head Games like this.
  8. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i dont get the pence choice. its disappointing on many levels.

PSU Shower Room likes this.
  9. Slow

Slow My name is my name DawgShed News

Reputations:
    I think they figure trump is already the wild card that can draw people in from the middle. They wanted a safe choice to stabilize the far right and get the base to come out on election day.

I am indifferent on the pick. Hes not who I would have wanted but its all just strategy at this point.

scoobyla likes this.
  10. potroast

potroast Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I got nothing. :oops:

sstressed likes this.
  11. Fred Norris

Fred Norris Active Member

Reputations:
    Ugh like it or not Hilary is going to win, stop kidding yourself. You heard it here first, Also, Joe DiMaggio was one hell of a ball player

No Head Games likes this.
  12. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Biden probably would have won

13. Phil McKrakin

Phil McKrakin AKA Howie POTY The Bar VIP

Reputations:
    Holy shit, fuck the fuck off already.

Fred Norris likes this.
  14. No Head Games

No Head Games Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    WSJ Marist polls just released show Hillary with comfortable leads in Virginia, PA, and Florida which is enough to for her to win. The problem Republican's have is they need to win almost all of the swing states to win where Dems only need a small combo.

Fred Norris likes this.
  15. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Wait until next week when BLM and the other protesters make asses of themselves out in front of the Republican convention.
    Trumps numbers will soar after that shit feast is televised for a few days.

16. Fred Norris

Fred Norris Active Member

Reputations:
    Yet the trump nuts just won't accept that this is as far as the retardation goes. Cheers for making it this far but it's just not gonna happen, sorry. Also, the man of the year? You guessed it, frank Stallone

ShutUpSitDown likes this.
  17. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    BAR REFUGEE POSTER.jpg

Fatass and Rescued Owl like this.
  18. Phil McKrakin

Phil McKrakin AKA Howie POTY The Bar VIP

Reputations:
    Fred Norris likes this.
  19. OV

OV Rapscallion