Stern Show Remember that Artie/Neil Berliner Wellington, FL. fiasco?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shivvy, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    I was smack in the middle of that :jj:

Artie was so pissed. I'm trying to find the pic he took with me and the one with Bob Levy :jj:

yaddc and piledriver123 like this.
  2. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
    Artie is a disgrace to his mother. When you disgrace your mother you are the lowest of all scum. He should fucking die already.

3. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    Neil really fucked him over. It was a disaster

piledriver123 likes this.
  4. MrWarmth

Reputations:
    Celebrities and the leeches that hover around them. Fuck all of them.

5. Sleep

Sleep I Only Drink Caucasian Water DawgShed News

Reputations:
    Mr. Warmth, coming in hot!!!

6. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I remember. Didn't that guy end up dying? Is he still around?

7. MrWarmth

Reputations:
    Sayonara, Slant! :salute:

8. MrWarmth

Reputations:
    Wrong forum, faggot. Try The I'm Gay Forum :coffee:

9. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    I felt guilty as hell. Neil kept bringing me around Artie and he was clearly irritated. Neil kept asking him to take pics like he was in a fucking zoo

piledriver123 and ZevonFan like this.
  10. BobWeired

BobWeired VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I know he's fucked up and all, but I miss Artie. The show was just better with him, even when he was sleeping.

11. HorseVsPelican

Reputations:
    I'm confused. What just happened here?

WHTHS and Tracy like this.
  12. MrWarmth

Reputations:
    Gary: "He's licking his arm, Boff!"

13. HorseVsPelican

Reputations:
    Huh? I ask if Neil Berliner died and this is the reaction I get?

14. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:

Nah. He's alive. He's on Twitter a lot

HorseVsPelican likes this.
  15. larry Darrel

larry Darrel Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Recap of the incident??

oldpaddy likes this.
  16. HorseVsPelican

Reputations:
    Neil Berliner was the manager for Rapping Granny. Artie did some shit gig for him in a tent. It was a shit gig and Neil didn't pay him the promised amount. The guy also posted on SFN as RoastWriter.

http://www.marksfriggin.com/news08/3-31.htm
    Howard 100 News And Wrap Up Show Previews. 04/02/08. 10:25am
    Howard had Steve Langford come in with his Howard 100 News preview. Steve said they have a story about Artie possibly almost beating up Dr. Neil Berliner at the comedy show down in Miami. There was apparently a screaming match there at the show because the show was in a tent in a rain storm. Artie said that he did lose it with the guy down there.
    Artie said that he was bullshitted from the beginning and told it was going to be 2500 seats. He said he found out a week before the gig that it was in a tent for 500 people with no air conditioning. This is in South Florida.

Artie said that he was asked to do another show but he refused and wanted to do just the one. He said that the whole thing was a mess. It was raining and hot and just awful. He said that Greg Fitzsimmons and Eddie Brill told him that it was the worst they had ever been treated by a promoter in their whole life.

Artie said that he was doing this as a favor. He said that now they're refusing to pay him for the gig. He said this is the first time that's ever happened to him in his life. He said that they told him that the money was in escrow and they still haven't paid him after 2 weeks.

Artie said that he called Neil up and he told him that they're not returning his calls. Artie said that he wants to strangle someone now. He said that Neil can't get the people to call him back and now he doesn't know what to do. Artie said that the payment is over 20 grand and he's feeling so bad he's going to pay Greg and Eddie out of his own pocket. He said that it's going to cost him over $6,000 out of his own pocket. He said he's really aggravated over this.

Artie said that he had to pay for his flight down there, his hotel, Teddy's flight and all of that. Artie didn't know how Steve found out about that. Steve said they never reveal their sources.

Artie said that he had a check bounce at one club about 5 years ago but the club was very professional about the whole thing and got him a new check. He said that's the closest he ever came to not getting paid. This gig down in Florida was a complete disaster and he even took less money than he usually takes. JD said that the meet and greet that Artie did turned into everyone in the tent coming back stage.

Steve said that Artie got a shout out from Richard Roeper when he reviewed Adam Carolla's movie The Hammer. Steve will have more on that. They'll also have more on the PSA that Artie was supposed to do. they're not returning Howard 100 News' phone calls. George said that they wanted to put out a press release about that but he asked them not to.

Steve said that Stuttering John is in some legal trouble for allegedly not paying a production company for the movie he made. They'll have more on all of those stories today. Howard said he can't imagine John being cheap after accusing other people of being cheap.

Jon Hein came in and gave his Wrap Up Show preview. He ran down the list of things they were going to cover today. He mentioned Jeff Conaway and how he showed up with a knife on him in the studio. That led to Howard asking Ronnie how that slipped past him. Ronnie said that he's not in charge of that, it's the SIRIUS security guys who do that. They don't wand (metal detector) the celebrity guests... other than Steve-O. Howard said that they didn't fail then. Ronnie said that he thinks that they should wand everyone. Howard said he wants Ronnie in charge of that stuff from now on.

Ronnie said that they're going to start wanding more people now and he's going to make sure they take care of that from now on. Artie said that they wanded him when he first came on the show with Norm MacDonald.

Jon finished up his Wrap Up Show preview and Howard let him go after that. He had Steve the Intern come in after that with his Intern Show preview. Mike said that the interns have a new person they hate and that would be High Pitch Mike after hearing him going off on Artie yesterday. They'll be talking about that and some other things tonight on The Intern Show at 7pm on Howard 101.

Dr. Neil Berliner Explains His Side Of The Comedy Show Nightmare. 04/03/08. 10:00am
    Neil Berliner called in so Howard got him on the line and told him that it sounds like Artie is getting screwed her. He said that Neil asked Artie to do this show down in Miami and if he did that, he would be considered the producer of the show. Neil said that the venue signed the contract with Artie, he didn't sign it himself. Neil said that the venue just asked him to pass along the contract to him.
    Neil explained that he volunteered to work with this organization down there. He said he knew the people on the show and asked if they wanted him to contact them to do a show. They said that would be great so that's why he did this. Neil said that the venue owes Artie the money. He said that the reason is that there was a miscommunication between the internet ticket company and the event and they have to recalculate the amount. Howard asked how long that is going to take. Neil said that he can't speak for the venue. He said that they have told him they're working on it. He said as soon as they settle with the ticket agency and the venue, they'll pay him.

Artie asked why he has to wait, it's not his problem that they haven't worked anything out. Neil said that there was some confusion about the number of shows and how many people where there. He said he really has no experience with this and didn't deal with the financial aspects of it. He said he'll never do it again.

Howard told Neil to get him an answer by 3 o'clock today. Neil said that he'd do that. Neil also said that Greg Fitzsimmons and Eddie Brill got paid because they were paid a flat fee. Artie is supposed to get a percentage so that's why he hasn't been paid yet. Howard said that this is very simple to solve. there was no second show, they didn't have to refund any money and they should just pay Artie the money they owe him. Howard let Neil go and said he has never heard such nonsense.

17. Lou Loomis

Lou Loomis Feel the Gern

Reputations:
    Fucked-over Artie was the funniest Artie

potroast, piledriver123 and ALevy like this.
  18. larry Darrel

larry Darrel Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thanks Horse. I knew the name sounded familiar, but I forgot all about it. I remember the incident now. Thank God for Marks Friggin. I gotta hand it to the guy, he's one dedicated MoFo.

Shivvy likes this.
  19. ZevonFan

ZevonFan VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He was always trying to get into the pictures of Howard and people, but nobody could stand the POS.

20. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    I hung with him just to meet Artie. A few months after that fiasco, Artie was in Ft Lauderdale and I went with him to hang with Artie. Artie wouldn't let him anywhere near him. :jj:

He tried to buddy up with Lisa Lampenneli one night too. He asked me to go with him. It was so awkward

ZevonFan likes this.