News Remember that No Mans Sky game?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Daveindiego, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Daveindiego

Daveindiego Confirmed Internet Legend Gold

Reputations:
    Yeah, I'm still playing the fuck out of it.

Right now, I'm currently in the process of raping a resource planet of as much resources as I can get, to turn around and get mo money.

I did name one galaxy after Dawg Shed, and named the planets @dawg and @MONK, then I stopped after that because I got bored, and it was gay. Now I just name every galaxy after me.

:davetoke:

2. Walygatr

Walygatr Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's a woman's sky?

Dirty South and oldpaddy like this.
  3. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I prefer shooters

4. DuckDong

DuckDong VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Go for a walk

5. Anfkid

Anfkid Blue Banner Mafia Staff Member

Reputations:
    Someone posted a thread the other day it's so boring, everyone is returning it.

DarkFriday and Sleep like this.
  6. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:

Nice! You are getting your money's worth no doubt! :up:

7. Tranquil

Tranquil Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Is this an online game where people can see the name of the planet?

8. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:

Yeah I read a headline about that! Pretty funny.

9. garypagetwo

garypagetwo The Gun Gold

Reputations:
    Ever played Heroes 3, man?

10. Mr Pink

Mr Pink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You can see other player's planets but not other players.

Tranquil likes this.
  11. Mr Pink

Mr Pink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If you have fun with it, enjoy. I'm gonna wait a little before I get it. As with music, you like what you like. Fuck everyone!

12. cygnus2112

cygnus2112 In The Prep Room

Reputations:
    I bought the game with the intention of just travelling this fake universe, landing on innumerable planets,looking around and collecting stuff, relaxing easy game play with a giant sandbox game that you can pick up and play at your leisure and that's exactly what you get and I'm very happy with it. There's no pressure to do anything if you don't want to and you can fuck around on planets for hours and hours. Name shit after yourself and friends...it's really a fun and relaxing game. The planets look beautiful, space travel distances are so realistic and taking off from a planet into the upper atmosphere is so friggin cool.
    If you're looking for epic space battles, ridiculous weapons and multiplayer stuff, then this game isn't for you. And honestly I'm glad it doesn't have any of that stuff. It's exactly what I was expecting when I bought it.

Daveindiego, Sleep and Mr Pink like this.
  13. garypagetwo

garypagetwo The Gun Gold

Reputations:
    There's something extremely depressing about that.

JameGumb, Mr Pink and Turbongr like this.
  14. rahboni

rahboni Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    From Wikipedia:

Player reaction has generally been negative in response to several issues at the game's launch. Users expressed concern with the apparent lack of multiplayer and other issues associated with the PlayStation 4 launch,[116] while many players on the Windows version via Steam and GOG.com gave the game negative reviews due to the poor graphics capabilities or inability to launch the game.[122][123][172] Players were also disappointed at the apparent lack of features that Hello Games and Sony had stated in earlier announcements and interviews would be included in the game;[173] a list initially compiled by the user "MeetWayneKerr" and other members of the No Man's Sky Reddit forum comprised all such features about a week after launch.[174] Schreier from Kotaku and Ben Kuchera of Polygon commented that some of the negative player reaction was due to a lack of clarification on these apparently missing features from either Hello Games or Sony in the weeks just after release, with Kuchera further stating that with the silence from either company, "the loudest, most negative voices are shouting unopposed" and leading to a strong negative perception of the game.

NMS sounds like a borefest even if it was what the devs said it would be. Reminds me of the hype the new Fallout was getting....what a piece of shit...installed, played, uninstalled & tossed in the garbage in less than 90 minutes

garypagetwo likes this.
  15. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    If they really want to make a shit ton of money someone needs to come up with a system for the newer TVs where you have an actual gun shaped aimable controller like back in the Time Crisis days. Can you imagine how much better COD, Halo and all the other FPS games would be now if youre standing in front of a 60 inch or bigger TV?

16. Tranquil

Reputations:
    That's exactly the kind of game I'm looking for, I'm going to look into this game further.

Mr Pink likes this.
  17. pope29

pope29 Saloon's Oldest Mult

Reputations:
    Good stoner game. Repetitive with little thinking to do.

18. cygnus2112

Reputations:
    I can see how people are disappointed. But it does everything I was hoping it did and I don't really care about the shit people are complaining about. It has never crashed on me with errors, I don't care that there aren't dinosaur aliens on every friggin planet, I dont care if collecting resources can get boring. It's not boring to me.
    What's boring to me is playing a game where you die trying to do a mission over and over and over again and you can't get any further if you don't complete the mission. Or when playing a multiplayer game and all you do is die every 5-10 seconds per round because the other people who kill you on it dedicate their entire lives to daily playing and you just wanna go on for a couple hours or so a week for some leisure time. That to me is boring.
    I want instant gratification with a game when I'm in the mood to play one, and that's it. This game is perfect for me.

Daveindiego and Mr Pink like this.
  19. Tranquil

Reputations:
    ^^

I don't play games much and when I do, I don't have any developed skills like these kids do now, play hours each day, I'm always looking for relaxed, fun games, like Defense Grid for example, loved that, just easy, no stress but challenging. I wish they would make more tower defense games, would love to play DG multiplayer, too bad they never added the feature.

cygnus2112 likes this.
  20. cygnus2112

Reputations:
    I play a lot of puzzle games like Tetris blitz and one strategy game on my tablet called Samurai Siege. When that old school Nintendo thing comes out with the old games, I will definitely get that as well. I cannot wait to play Metroid on my big TV!