News Remember the Louisiana cop from the videos last week?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Louisiana sheriff's captain resigns, would rather quit his job than stop making 'disrespectful,' 'demeaning' comments
    BY Alfred Ng
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Monday, February 29, 2016, 6:53 PM
    A Louisiana sheriff’s captain would rather quit than stop making rude comments — less than two weeks after his video calling gang members “animals” went viral.
    Captain Clay Higgins of the St. Landry Parish Sheriff’s Office decided he couldn't rein in his charged comments on Monday morning, and chose to resign.
    “I don’t do well reined in. Although I love and respect my sheriff, I must resign,” Higgins told reporters at a press conference.
    [​IMG] KATC
    Louisiana sheriff's captain Clay Higgins quits his job after being ordered to tone down his "demeaning" comments.
    The former officer said he would “rather die” than sacrifice his principles, the same ones that helped him create his viral “CrimeStopper” video where he threatened to hunt and trap gang members.
    The captain’s comments sparked outrage with the Louisiana chapter of the ACLU, as well as the county’s sheriff, Bobby Guidroz.
    [​IMG] KATC 3
    Higgins was told to stop making "demeaning" and "disrespectful" comments by his sheriff, and he took it as an order he could not follow.
    “My orders to Higgins was to tone down his unprofessional comments on our weekly Crime Stoppers messages and had nothing to do with the Gremlins video that appeared on the networks. I agree with the Gremlins video,” Guidroz said in a statement, according to KATC. “First of all, I repeatedly told him to stop saying things like, ‘you have no brain cells,' or making comments that were totally disrespectful and demeaning.”
    The request to remain professional did not sit well with Higgins, and the captain resigned shortly after those orders, Guidroz said.
    [​IMG] KATC 3
    The captain was launched into notoriety after starring in his video on the "Gremlin Gang."
    “Although I’d take a bullet for my sheriff, although I’d stand with him against any peril, I cannot abide by his current orders, I’m sorry, I just can’t,” Higgins said.
    Higgins said he stood up and did the right thing by resigning, and plans on remaining as a police officer. It is unclear what department he will report to, but the captain claimed he’s “got many options.”
    [​IMG] KATC 3
    In the clip, Higgins calls the gang members "thugs" and "animals."
    In the “Gremlins” video referenced by Guidroz, the captain goes after gang members, calling them thugs and singling one out as an “uneducated 125-pound punk.”
    In the clip, he claimed he wasn’t a racist because there were black community leaders standing in the background.
    “This is not about race. It’s about right versus wrong,” Higgins said.

Joe Bauers likes this.
  2. VarmintSam

VarmintSam Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Fucking hoodrat animals :coffee:

Joe Bauers likes this.
  3. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Goo fo Him

4. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    We're fucked as a nation. Our priorities are on making people feel better and excusing people's bad behaviors instead of actual responsibility and accountability

5. bootyclause

bootyclause Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sometimes I scare myself because I think I view the world like a 3rd world dictator.

Like we really have street gangs in 2016 America? Go in there with some tanks, level a few blocks of city, no more gang. Why do we have to be nice to them and give them cushy sentences when they run the whole prison in the first place? Then they get out and go right back to what they were doing. Each gang member probably costs the tax payer 50 grand a year.

You think there's any street gangs in North Korea?

[​IMG]

ravenrules and Wiggy like this.
  6. vaporizer

vaporizer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Is Clay Higgins in some way related to Robert Higgins?

ravenrules likes this.