Stern Show Remember when Dr. Keith Ablow told Artie to have a bastard child?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Lster, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Lster

Lster Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    http://www.marksfriggin.com/news07/7-23.htm

"Surprise! Dr. Keith's Emergency Session With Artie. 07/23/07. 7:45am

Howard said that Artie has missed out on some meetings with Dr. Keith Ablow so he had a surprise for him this morning. Dr. Keith was there to talk to Artie live. Robin noticed that he has very big hands and pointed that out to the guys.
    Artie said that he was supposed to chat with Keith on the day he was doing Conan. Artie said he went home that day and took a nap and wasn't able to call him that day. He said he slept through the appointment he had and just didn't have the time to do it. Artie said that it was just the one time though. Dr. Keith said it had been more than that. He said that they've canceled meetings and phone calls and it wasn't just the one time.

Howard said that it seems like Artie might not like people getting too close to him. Dr. Keith said that Artie started off his first meeting saying that he had a pretty care free life. That caught his attention because it doesn't seem that way.

Howard asked Dr. Keith about what Artie said about him saying that he might want to just have a kid with a woman who he's not married to. Dr. Keith said that he just can't see Artie having a wife and kid like he wants to. Artie went on to say that he thinks that he's still in love with Dana. He said Dr. Keith seems to think that he still wants to be with her and suggested that they just have a kid together. Dr. Keith said he wanted to explain that to everyone so they understand.

Dr. Keith said that Artie has a huge heart and he thinks that if Artie never experiences fatherhood, he's going to miss out on a lot. Robin said she can't see it being a comfortable thing for Artie or the woman. She said that the woman could get sick of dealing with Artie and move on with some other guy who will take over as the kid's father.

Dr. Keith said that he agrees that it could be a disaster. He said it would be very complicated. Howard said that Artie blowing off sessions is wrong and he really should try to make these things happen. Artie said that he hasn't missed out on regular meetings with Dr. Keith. He just missed that one phone call that day. He said that he was having a bad day anyway and just slept through it.

Howard asked Dr. Keith if Artie could be a father over the phone. Dr. Keith said that Artie could be a great father and he really believes that he could do a good job at it. Howard asked Dr. Keith what's going on between him and Artie. He said that this relationship seems to reflect every relationship that Artie has. He runs from everyone. Robin said he abuses everyone the same way but Dr. Keith said he doesn't take it that way because he's a therapist."

-------------

How the hell did that idiot end up becoming a doctor? Years later and I'm still bothered by such bad advice. What a quack.

2. Kanye West

Kanye West Yeezus!

Reputations:
    what?

Tuesday likes this.
  3. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
  4. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I hope the previous comment (what?) is answered
    because i'm confused as fuck here

5. Tuesday

Tuesday VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Is Dr. Keith a black gentleman?

6. Punctured

Punctured Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ablow is a fucking hack

7. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I knew Dana and Artie should never be together b/c she was a dog lover and he said if they had a house, he'd build a separate house for the dog...that dogs shouldn't be allowed in the house. I knew he was fucked up as a person right then and there.

8. Beffquus

Beffquus Scripta sunt in stellis Gold

Reputations:
    Get a real doctor - like Dr. Drew - in there so we can talk about narcissism again. Long live 34.

TheHighHat, DiamondGoddess and Dlist like this.
  9. Dlist

Reputations:
    I did love the Keith Ablow interview with Beth and Howard. They were clearly dysfunctional way back when.

Lster, Tracy and DiamondGoddess like this.
  10. DiamondGoddess

DiamondGoddess Born Ready for My Close-Up! Gold

Reputations:
    Artie loves drugs best of all!!!

AmishGirl and Dlist like this.
  11. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
  12. Dlist

Reputations:
    The grown ups are talking sweetie..move along.