Remember when everyone here hated Nick?

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by thegame310, Jan 17, 2013.

1. thegame310

thegame310 Member

Reputations:
    I seem to remember not to long ago in listening forums people bitching about Nick's politics, or how Nick would interrupt Artie, or how Nick would crowbar in jokes.

Now Nick is no longer apart of the show and some people are acting like he was second coming of Christ.

2. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Mpa and I have consistently hated that road comic, some of the other posters did like him, but you're right. A lot of people on this board just like to use it as a roast, I said earlier that the people who were agreeing with me about wanting Norm as the new host would immediately say "WHAT! NORM SUCKS, DIRTY WORKED SUCKED AND SO DID HIS SITCOM! I HATE HIM!" as soon as he was hired. Trolling ain't easy.

3. thegame310

thegame310 Member

Reputations:
    I don't understand where it's all coming from. I used to love coming here and lurking, and posting when I had something interesting to say. Now it's just one big troll fest.

4. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    It's the nature of the net. Ignore trolls and they go away.

5. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    It's all the Artie haters plus a few good long time posters that liked him.

RIP Rick

6. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    It's been like this since the very beginning....................

there were people who didn't even believe Nick & Artie had a show until it aired

there were people who said Artie wouldn't last 6 months

there were people who said Artie would suck on his own

They just keep moving the bar back so they'll have something to hate on.

For some strange reason some people just need to hate Artie.....................and they need to tell Artie fans about it.

:crazy2:

That's really, really fucking weird when you think about it. It's nothing like the gang-bang of hilarious hatred that goes on on the Stern show forum; it's like crazy-stalky ex-girlfriend hate here.

It's probably just Richard & Sal and Teddy with a few different accounts. Who else would bother that much, or be bothered that much? :dontknow:

But the Nick-love/general indignation over the way it all went down died down pretty quickly when it became clear that yes, Artie can fly solo...................and he probably should have from the beginning.

7. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    After only four shows nothing is clear yet. Like I've said elsewhere, in my opinion the show isn't as good. But since it's only been four days I'll give it a chance. Since I seem to have the minority opinion here, I just haven't been posting my thoughts. It's pointless to try to converse with people who think that Artie can do no wrong and blindly follow his lead (not referring to you specifically IJ).

8. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    fair enough

I love where Artie has taken the show. It seemed to me that Nick was just taking what a guest's publicist gave them and asking those questions. Artie takes the show, and guests, where he wants to go with it/them.

And Artie has good comedic instincts, as well as good interesting-instincts. Like the top of last night's show; he starts wondering about the Manti Te'o mentality, and even had the famous "George Glass" clip from "The Brady Bunch" pulled to make a point.

There was nothing particularly funny about the segment, but I found it very interesting, because Artie's truly interested in things. He's got something you can't buy or fake: curiosity. Nick was way too anal with the way he ran the show, where genuine curiosity was seen as an enemy and an obstacle....................to getting to the next break, the next guest, etc.

If Nick was there for the Te'o talk he would have somehow crowbarred his playing days at Maine into the conversation and would have killed anything remotely interesting about it.

Mannix >>>>>> Nick. He knows his place, he's smart, he really knows sports, he's not bitter, there's no axe to grind......................he's just being a decent straight-man.

And I love how the show has gotten more inclusive. It really feels like a sort of family now. :up:

9. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Weird thing about Mannix to me is that at times like the third hour of thurs jan 17th show he sounded so much like rick but with whatever bug that was up ricks as removed. Refreshing.

10. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
    Nick rules :dancin:

11. Hateman

Hateman Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    get more chicken salads?

12. Mugsysam

Mugsysam Active Member

Reputations:
    If you call "ruling" sitting at home out of a job, then I guess you are right. I never knew "rules" also meant fired, thanks for letting me know that.

13. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Chriza is just taking out his anger on the Stern forum on Artie, considering he said in the bar that he didn't listen to N&A.

We still like you in the Artie forum, Chriza...

14. Merespliff

Merespliff Member

Reputations:
    i think, well for myself personally, i liked nick as a comic. as a stand up. i liked the rapport with artie and the fact that they could bounce off each other, but his crankiness did start to kinda wear on me when they went to tv. it's like as soon as they got in the new studio and on tv nick started taking himself wayyyyy too seriously.

that being said, i've been loving the show this week. and i could barely listen to more than an hour when it was an all-Nick show. and i'm someone who liked nick. so what does that tell you?