Stern Show Reminder. ..Bianca's Furry Friends, yes, that's going to break ground right after the new year

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, Apr 27, 2016.

1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  2. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
  3. chapped

Reputations:
    I miss racist cartoons

The Jackie chair and bznick like this.
  4. Divorce Chicken

Reputations:
    I just liked the fact that all the animoes appeared to be eyeless.

quitefrankly and rabbigottfried like this.
  5. chapped

Reputations:
    Ahhhh I get it

But still

[​IMG]

6. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
    The construction boom leaves very little contractors available, Robin

7. Sloppyjoe

Sloppyjoe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I can't possibly believe wig would be lying about the start date...

8. chapped

Reputations:
    I was just about to write @Shivvy a letter about ground breaking... Robin

9. Divorce Chicken

Reputations:
    Beth and I are so busy Robin, we haven't been able to get out there to throw the first shovelful of dirt.

chapped likes this.
  10. chapped

Reputations:
    That is a beff quote...

@Chriza quote in 3, 2, 1

Divorce Chicken likes this.
  11. lisac37

lisac37 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's funny, Beth posts so many, many instagram posts every day.......yet NEVER mentions this addition or even Bianca's Furry Friends or NSAL for that matter. You'd think NSAL would be somewhat annoyed.

12. chapped

Reputations:
    I might donate if they just said ....look fuck you its just a troll.... a fucking troll

Divorce Chicken likes this.
  13. monsoon

monsoon Who are you with?

Reputations:

After seeing how the people at NSAL treated that horriboe lying monster. The dog side of it. Monster realised they were after wiggy, not it. It knows the game is to use each other. They will never break ground. And moooose will just act like it never exsisted. Just like everything it does. This venture is going nowhere. The goals are to keep monster busy and famous but mostly a tax write off.

If moooose died tomorrow so what.

F mutt

14. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
  15. cygnus2112

cygnus2112 In The Prep Room

Reputations:
    I love your posts monsoon hahaha
    Moose!! Lol!!

monsoon likes this.
  16. binhphuocngu

binhphuocngu Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The date... It's all based off the famous Seinfeld Rental Car episode.

17. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Bianca's Furry Friends Campaign
    Every year, North Shore Animal League America rescues, nurtures and finds loving homes for nearly 20,000 homeless, ailing and neglected animals. But our shelter facilities are always operating at full capacity; as much as we’d like to take in every precious animal that needs our help, space limitations are an enormous problem.

We have a solution! Bianca’s Furry Friends, our proposed state-of-the-art Feline Adoption Center named in honor of Howard and Beth Stern’s beloved best friend, will enable us to rescue many more animals by adding a second floor to our existing shelter.

This feline-focused Center will help us save the lives not only of cats and kittens, but also dogs and puppies, as it will open room in our existing facility.

The bottom line: More lives will be saved because of your generous support.

We need your help to turn this state-of-the-art project into a reality. Your contribution will go directly to support Bianca’s Furry Friends.
    Fast Facts on Bianca’s Furry Friends:
    • 14,000-square-foot facility
    • Cage-free feline surroundings
    • Exam Rooms, Feline Behavior Department, Grooming Facilities
    • Kitten Adoption Facility
    • 24-hour-care Nursery
    • Respiratory Ward, Surgical Suite & Recovery Room
    Bianca’s Furry Friends will help us:
    • Save more lives
    • Increase our capacity to provide more adoptable animals to the public
    • Enhance our ability to further our no-kill promise
    • Continue to be the premiere Rescue & Adoption Organization in the world
    Please join Beth and Howard Stern and be a lifesaver to animals in need.

Support the Bianca’s Furry Friends Campaign
    [​IMG]

chapped and monsoon like this.
  18. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    Thank you for the laugh.

chapped and monsoon like this.
  19. Divorce Chicken

Reputations:
    Why did Howie and Beff feel the need to start yet another corporate entity to get his place built? To expense things? To pay Beff? To siphon cash? Why couldn't they simply forward any money raised to NSAL directly?

Here's a good summary of the scam:

Timeline Recap

For those who don't recall the exact timeline, here is a quick overview (see last year's post for more details):

May 2013 - initial announcement of the master plan for Bianca's Furry Friends

May 2014 - Beth and an NSAL executive state that Bianca's Furry Friends is expected to break ground "next spring" (i.e. spring 2015)

January 2015 - Beth announces that they are "3/4 of the way there", with no estimate of when it will get started (the NSAL financial statements for the year ended December 31, 2014 show that there were about $4.25 million of assets restricted for use to fund BFF)

Spring 2015 - estimated start date mentioned in 2014 passes without anything happening

Subsequent Developments

Since the blog post in March 2015, there have been a few more developments regarding Bianca's Furry Friends, none of which involve the commencement of any actual construction:

November 2015 - another year, another NSAL gala with proceeds going to Bianca's Furry Friends. Beth dropped a couple of nuggets about BFF while promoting the gala, and told Newsday that they were trying to raise the "final $1 million" to get the project funded and said in another interview with HNGN that:

""Bianca's Furry Friends, yes, that's going to break ground right after the new year," Ostrosky Stern told HNGN."

As the gala was only a few months ago, no one knows how much money it raised. However, the NSAL's Form 990 for 2014 indicated that the amount of 2014 gala proceeds (gross, not net of expenses) was around $356K - this was down, way down, from the $610K of proceeds from the 2013 gala (see last year's blog post for details); hopefully this trend, unlike the ratings slide during Howard's tenure on America's Got Talent, didn't continue for 2015.

December 2015 - Another Yoda Book For the second straight year, Beth, along with illustrator Devin Crane and "contributor" K.A. Alistir, released another children's book about her purebred Persian cat and her share of the proceeds would again benefit Bianca's Furry Friends. This year's installment was titled Yoda Gets a Buddy and as of this date, one website estimates its Amazon sales at less than 1,000 copies. Beth's share of the proceeds from the Amazon sales may not even cover the cost of one of the animal activist's fancy leather purses let alone the somewhat expensive NSAL kitten play palace.

February 2016 - Kitten Bowl

For the third straight year Beth appeared on the Hallmark Channel's Kitten Bowl and she was trotting around to promote the event (unfortunately, ratings were a dismal 0.2, less than a third of the 0.7 rating of Animal Planet's Puppy Bowl and the Kitten Bowl finished well out of the top 100 cable shows of the day).

She also discussed the status of Bianca's Furry Friends in some interviews.

In a WebMD interview, Beth once again broke out her statement that she has no "human children" and said that they will break ground early this year:

""I don't have human children," she says, "so this is my purpose. .... Howard and I are working on a 14,000-square-foot expansion of North Shore's existing shelter, called Bianca's Furry Friends. The space will allow the cats to live cage-free until they're adopted. Friends have been so supportive -- Billy Joel donated over a million dollars, and Rachael Ray presented me with a $500,000 check on her show. We'll break ground early this year."

In a Newsday article, Beth said:

"We are over $7 million, and that means we are ready to break ground,” she said. “We are waiting, I believe, on one more permit and as soon as we get that permit we are ready to go. So I’m thinking that within the next couple of months we are breaking ground, and my dream will finally come true."

Based on that claim, it sounds like the NSAL must have received that "final $1 million" that Beth mentioned in the November 2015 interview with Newsday, although it sounds like the ground breaking date may now be pushed back to April 2016.

Beth also mentioned in another article that Bianca's Furry Friends is "15,000 square feet" (up from the original 14,000 square feet?) and that they're "just waiting on permits".

Separate Foundation

As mentioned before on this blog, Beth is affiliated with a separate charity called the Bianca's Furry Friends Foundation.

Information about this foundation is fairly scarce, as the foundation does not appear to have a website and has not filed its initial Form 990 with the IRS, but a number of documents are available for the public to view online on a database of charities maintained by the New York attorney general.

These filings reveal that:

(1) the President of the foundation is one Beth Ostrosky Stern,

(2) the foundation was formed in January 2014 and first began maintaining assets in New York in May 2014 (interesting that this was near the time of the Billy Joel concert when he donated proceeds from a show to Bianca's Furry Friends), and
    3) the foundation received over $270,000 of contributions through December 31, 2014 and it received its first donation in May 2014 - a check for $250K; this is a nice chunk of change for a foundation which hasn't received much (if any) public discussion.

http://moldredstern.blogspot.com/

20. Divorce Chicken

Reputations:
    Somebody stole the web address:

"Maybe the foundation doesnt have a website, because I won it.
    Any takers? Its for sale...
    www.BiancasFurryFriends.com"

THESE SITES ARE FOR SALE
    BIANCASFURRYFRIENDS.COM
    BIANCASFURRYFRIENDS.NET
    BIANCASFURRYFRIENDS.ORG
    BIANCASFURRYFRIENDS.INFO

IF INTERESTED, CONTACT:

DOUGABERG@GMAIL.COM
    661-916-3015
    :artiejj:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016