Renée Zellweger to PEOPLE: 'I'm Glad Folks Think I Look Different'

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by boognishstern, Oct 22, 2014.

1. boognishstern

boognishstern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Renée Zellweger to PEOPLE: 'I'm Glad Folks Think I Look Different'
    Enlarge
    [​IMG]
    Renée Zellweger
    Steve Granitz/WireImage
    By JD Heyman

@jdheyman
    10/22/2014 AT 12:10 AM EDT

Renée Zellweger has responded to Internet chatter about her appearance. In an exclusive statement to PEOPLE, the Oscar winner says she looks different because she is healthier and happier than ever – and she's fine with people taking notice.

"I'm glad folks think I look different! I'm living a different, happy, more fulfilling life, and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows," Zellweger, 45, says of the attention she received after an appearance at the Elle Women in Hollywood Awards in Beverly Hills on Monday.

Calling the conversation about her appearance "silly," she says she is choosing to address it because "it seems the folks who come digging around for some nefarious truth which doesn't exist won't get off my porch until I answer the door."

"My friends say that I look peaceful. I am healthy," Zellweger continues. "For a long time I wasn't doing such a good job with that. I took on a schedule that is not realistically sustainable and didn't allow for taking care of myself. Rather than stopping to recalibrate, I kept running until I was depleted and made bad choices about how to conceal the exhaustion. I was aware of the chaos and finally chose different things."

That healthier, slower-paced lifestyle – and her happy relationship with boyfriend Doyle Bramhall – helped her turn a corner. "I did work that allows for being still, making a home, loving someone, learning new things, growing as a creative person and finally growing into myself," she says.

[​IMG]
    Renée Zellweger (left) and Nanci Ryder at the Walk to Defeat ALS in Los Angeles

Matt Sayles / Invision / AP

And if some people don't recognize the new Renée Zellweger, one thing they should understand is she's comfortable in her own skin.

"People don't know me in my 40s," says Zellweger, who prefers to lead a quiet life with Bramhall and a close circle of friends. Recently, she pitched in to help her pal and longtime publicist, Nanci Ryder, who is battling ALS, at the ALS Association Golden West Chapter's annual Walk to Defeat ALS in Los Angeles.

"People don't know me [as] healthy for a while," says Zellweger. "Perhaps I look different. Who doesn't as they get older?! Ha. But I am different. I'm happy."

[​IMG]
    Reese Witherspoon (left) and Renée Zellweger at the Walk to Defeat ALS in Los Angeles

Matt Sayles / Invision / AP

smichal likes this.
  2. SleepingWarrior

SleepingWarrior Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

So this is the new euphemism for surgery and botox eh?

3. boognishstern

Reputations:
    yeah, right?...she looked awesome before, in my opinion, with those squinty eyes...even looked good with a little chub on her in those diary movies:dontknow: shes still hot.

4. baci

baci Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Good for her and obviously she is happier for it.....

FosterKitten and boognishstern like this.
  5. boognishstern

Reputations:
    hey,
    SleepingWarrior what did you think of metallica Through the Never? just watched it first time the other night, thought it was pretty good. only 3 post-black songs! too short though.

6. boognishstern

Reputations:
    agree, obvious eye surgery though

7. Evil Clown

Evil Clown 34 VIP

Reputations:
    What a stupid fucking cunt. Christ. We all know you got plastic surgery. Just fess up you coked up whore. *

*This statement can also apply to Beth as well.

8. boognishstern

Reputations:
    she was so hot in love & a 45
    [​IMG]

JameGumb likes this.
  9. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    This is just not something to be proud of. She mutilated her naturally beautiful face

10. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    What kind of bullshit is this? If she were comfortable in her own skin, she wouldn't have found it necessary to drastically change her appearance. I think she got that surgery that Asians get to make their eyes more round. She probably got sick of people mistaking her for Gilbert Gottfried.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. boognishstern

Reputations:
    she definitely got eye work, and stopped pumping up her lips

12. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:

:roll:

13. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    This was posted in a paper today, all the other weirdos that rebuilt themselves.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Surgery, moi? Hilarious! Donatella Versace, the number one fake tan fan, has staunchly claimed to have only had botox and used 'excellent' skin products in a bid to freeze the clock. Pictured (left) in 1993 and (right) in 2014

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not a happy bunny: In 2010, Heidi Montag famously underwent a whopping ten plastic sugary procedures in one day. She later admitted she wished she hadn't had any. Pictured (left) in 2006 and (right) in 2010

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cheerleader: Once self-proclaimed the 'world's first supermodel,' and now a reality TV empress, Janice Dickinson has claimed she 'lives for plastic surgery.' Pictured in 1977 when she was 22 (left) and 2014 at 59 (right)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Won't tell: Inconceivably, Lil' Kim actually denied having had work done for many years, only downgrading her response to 'no comment' as of 2013. Pictured (left) in 1997 and (right) in 2014

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sassy: 'I am completely natural,’ Nicole Kidman, now 47, once said in an interview. 'I have nothing in my face or anything. I wear sunscreen, and I don’t smoke.' Pictured (left) in her youth and (right) in 2014

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He's got flair: Many suspect Barry Manilow, now 71, secretly underwent plastic surgery in 2003, but the singer strenuously denied it, insisting his puffy face is a side-effect of the steroids that help his hip problems. Pictured (left) in the old days and (right) in 2014

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Golden girl: Blake Lively may never have addressed it publicly, but the evidence speaks for itself. At some point in 2013, the Gossip Girl star underwent a nose job, and appears to have her teeth improved. Pictured in 2005 (left) and 2014 (right)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    All smiles: The ultimate style chameleon, Lindsay Lohan's face has been through plenty of ups and downs over the years. Lip fillers, particularly, seem likely. Pictured (left) in 2004 and (right) in 2014

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tulisa caused a media storm when she turned up to court to face drug related charges looking totally different (left) to her fresh-faced N Dubz days (right) with a noticeable 'trout pout' and tight face

Guacamole, smichal and RenchFries like this.
  14. HS Cult Leader

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Has she? Whether her denials over her surgery are true or not, it has been rumored that husband Kanye West - whose own mother Donna died on the operating table - has forbidden Kim Kardashian from going under the knife in the future. Pictured (left) in 2006 and (right) in 2014

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Over it: Sharon Osbourne has wisely confessed to the 'genuinely disturbing' number of several procedures she has had done, but vowed last year she will never do it again. Pictured (left) in 2000 and (right) in 2014

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Flower power: 'I admit to having a nose job, but that's all,' Tori Spelling, now 41, said in 2000. It seems she may have been busy since then. Pictured (left) in 1994 and (right) in 2014

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Oops: After Mickey Rourke made his big screen comeback with Sin City in 2005, he confessed that years of boozing and amateur boxing had 'ruined' his face, and he then went to the 'wrong guy' to have it 'put back together.' Pictured (left) in 1985 and (right) in 2013

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cher your secrets! 'Plastic surgery makes me happy,' the songstress once attested, and her face does look undeniably remarkable for a lady of 68 years old. Pictured (left) in the 60s and (right) in 2013

Guacamole, smichal and RenchFries like this.
  15. HS Cult Leader

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Loving the look? Another proud owner of her facelift - which she had when she was 35 - rocker Courtney Love, now 50, said in an interview last year, 'Nobody ask me about aging gracefully.' Pictured (left) in 2000 and (right) in 2014

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The passage of time: She hasn't spoken publicly of any surgery, but Melanie Griffith's face went through a dramatic transformation in 1995. Pictured (left) in 1994 and (right) in 2014

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lippy: Nikki Cox, star of Las Vegas and the original 90s 'it girl,' is another star to have denied having surgery, but the photos surely speak for themselves. Pictured (left) in 2005 and (right) in 2009

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bruce Jenner was America's Olympic golden boy (left) but since he married into the Kardashian clan his face has undergone some fairly major changes - most obviously a much thinner nose and fuller lips

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not a Muppet: Splash actress Daryl Hannah, 51, also denies ever having plastic surgery, claiming instead that it makes people 'look like Muppets.' Pictured (left) in 1999 and (right) in 2014

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Double take: Lara Flynn Boyle underwent her facial makeover during the early 2000s after winning fame for her role in Twin Peaks, though she has never discussed it. Pictured (left) in 2001 and (right) in 2013

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Time to stop? Meg Ryan's enormously puffy lips were thought to have been the result of an allergic reaction to collagen implants when she first showcased them back in 2000, but she's clearly been back under the knife since. Pictured (left) in 1987 and (right) in 2013

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Glamour model Katie Price is famous for plastic surgeries on her breasts but her face has also changed since the tender age of 16 (left) to a much more Barbie like look today (right, in 2012)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Success! It was claimed by one tabloid last year that Megan Fox has spent over $60,000 on plastic surgery to her face. Regardless, she does appear to be one of the lucky ones. Pictured (left) in 2004 and (right) in 2014

Guacamole and smichal like this.
  16. beetlejosh

beetlejosh I got a head that's large Gold

Reputations:
  17. beetlejosh

beetlejosh I got a head that's large Gold

Reputations:
    Halloween horror shit...

[​IMG]
    :hide:

18. HS Cult Leader

Reputations:

How would like to see this come out of the shadows in the dead of night?

[​IMG]

19. SleepingWarrior

SleepingWarrior Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

20. boognishstern

Reputations:
    Montag fucked herself up & she knows it. she was a natural beauty before. would still bang hard even though she looks like a better andrea owensby.

1Vegasgirl likes this.