Repeats This Week (2/17/14)

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Peau de Soie, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    From the web site:

"Best of Artie! This week, Artie & the gang are on vacation! Catch an encore of one of Artie’s favorite episodes on AUDIENCE Ch. 239 at 11pm ET/ 8pm PT !!!"

They do love their exclamation points in ye olde Chicago towne. Or Hell's Kitchen, whatever.

So... no guest hosts jockeying to replace him... nothing much to talk about this week. Good time to catch up on other podcasts.

2. Death Smack

Death Smack Active Member

Reputations:
    Is this a last minute vacation or did they mention on the show last week and I didn't hear it since I use FF a lot

3. mattzane227

mattzane227 Active Member

Reputations:
    Bocchetti's twitter account on twitter said that it was a scheduled vacation. Once again, I think he is legally retarded so not sure.

4. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    James the sound board guy said on his twitter that the show's off all week because artie is doing a guest spot on "hot in cleveland" this week.

in other news, artie is sucking up to directv pretty badly on twitter

no way was this vacation planned

5. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Artie said on TALS maybe a month ago that he turned down Hot in Cleveland. I thought that was a mistake. It's a good show, and a lot of big names have appeared. It even led to the OTHER fat guy, Wayne Knight, getting his own sitcom on that network.

6. Artiessobriety

Artiessobriety Active Member

Reputations:
    I don't think he cares. He probably feels that after being on Stern there's nothing that could give him that same feeling of success again.

7. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Huh, maybe, but he was just a sidekick. If he just put effort into his own show, radio or TV, he'd do really well. On the rare occasion he works hard, he's damn funny. It was happening for a short while, in spurts, on N&A and the twatter and TALS.

8. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think the problem is the stand-up $$$ is too big to pass up. Artle's got a celebrity lifestyle to maintain. So he ends up spreading himself thin and putting next to nothing into the show. Mailing it in at Stern might have worked because the job was simply to be himself but now that he is the head, the rest of the body is following his half-assed lead.

9. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Well said, I think you got it, Asshat.

10. mnkycum

mnkycum Active Member

Reputations:
    I think Artie said he was going to be on The Tonight Show sometime. Maybe this week? He also keeps talking about his contract with directv, if they don't renew is that the end of the show? or just the end of it in the studio and on tv?

11. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    I saw an old article from the time of his suspension for can peeing where he twatted that he might start a podcast. I kinda doubt it because he's lazy and there's little money in it. Maybe he'd let Carolla run him for the promotional value. But of course the TV, radio, and current podcast and staff all go away without DirecTV.

12. jaceson

jaceson Member

Reputations:
    Hmmm.. I can't think of any other topical sports show that runs best of's or just plays repeats. I also guarantee that Artie gave no input on his "favorite shows"

13. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    March 12

14. Asshat

Asshat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If they cared enough to put together an actual "best of" compilation show, it would be terrific to listen to. Unfortunately nobody gives enough of a shit.

15. Salmo

Salmo Active Member

Reputations:
    I do appreciate that at least they don't post podcasts on the feed when they are repeats.

16. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    I noted this a year or so ago. Their misguided focus on ephemeral sports cripples the value of the show at exactly this kind of time (replayability). 'Cause everyone wants to hear Jon Ritchie's take on a 2 year old playoff game.

Agree with Salmo about the nice quiet feed. (Meanwhile I was also bitching that it only goes back a month; ah well.)

17. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    I noted this a year or so ago. Their misguided focus on ephemeral sports cripples the value of the show at exactly this kind of time (replayability). 'Cause everyone wants to hear Jon Ritchie's take on a 2 year old playoff game.

Agree with Salmo about the nice quiet feed. (Meanwhile I was also bitching that it only goes back a month; ah well.)