Replacements for Nick

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Ipokesmot, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Here's my list..

Bring Bocchetti to the table, or he can stay as announcer and bring on:

Brian Jones
    Garry Meier
    Kevin Matthews
    Gilbert Gottfried
    Norm MacDonald

Your thoughts...

2. Chucky

Chucky Member

Reputations:
    Brian Jones screaming every fucking night would get old fast. The show will probably suck without Nick.

3. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Nah Brian Jones is a riot. As far as I know Garry Meier and Kevin Matthews are looking for work.. Gilbert or Norm would also be great.

Personally I would put my money on Kevin Matthews. He's friggin brilliant and did a funny sports TV show a while ago, as well a large Chicago radio following.

[video=youtube;SerL3USerfM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SerL3USerfM[/video]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  4. Mugsysam

Mugsysam Active Member

Reputations:
    I was told earlier on her today that Brian Jones got his own show with CBS Radio, so I don't see him coming to co-host the show with Artie.

5. HorseVsPelican

HorseVsPelican Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Brian Jones is with CBS. What the hell could have caused this shake up? Were the ratings dipping? I kinda stopped listening after they went to Directv.

6. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Norm MacDonald really would be the ultimate co-host. The ball-busting and laughing would be extraordinary. Perfect foil for Artie but also way funnier in a lot of ways.

I think you have to eliminate anybody who's got their own podcasts so far, like Rogan or Florentine. If they put Siragusa in, it will suck hard. I like him as a guest, though.

7. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    Since so many like to pretend that Rick wasn't a black hole of funny, just get one of those recordable greeting cards that fellato can open up 4 times an hour to say, you know who, mayor Bloomberg.

8. starlit dreamzz

starlit dreamzz Active Member

Reputations:
    I gotta go with Gilbert Gottfried! Or Jim Bruer.

9. Mugsysam

Mugsysam Active Member

Reputations:
    I have this nagging suspicion that the new co-host will be Brock. Please God don't let that be the case. Please.

10. starlit dreamzz

starlit dreamzz Active Member

Reputations:
    I say let it be Mike Bocchetti and see what happens lol.

11. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    In order of who I would want... 1. Norm - The problem is that Norm loves the west coast and would be too expensive. 2. Jackie - he's too old to appeal to target demos and would destroy any sports credibility the show has. 3. Sid Rosenberg - Actually knows sports and is really funny and edgy. Problem is, he's a worse addict than Artie and would be having a nodding off contest with Artie each night.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do rotating guest hosts or possibly just Artie with more Fellato ball busting (not a bad idea, though).

12. onefourthree

onefourthree Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Whoever they get it's got to be a point guard type host. It can't be somebody like Norm or Gilbert, who hangs out and makes cracks. That's Artie's job. Artie needs the lead-type host to set him up. My guess is that it will be a lower-profile, but experienced, radio host. Hopefully someone with some comedy background. Not necessarily stand-up, but some comedy or at least radio comedy.

It certainly has to be someone talented and sharp. When you do a radio show with Artie you're playin' with the big boys.

13. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    All these dumbfucks don't realize that Rick failed precisely because he was trying to keep up and couldn't, didn't stand a chance in hell. The host is going to come in, hit the posts, set the table, get out of Artie's way, interview the guests, let Artie dream up the most obnoxious, horrid, insulting, cruel comment he can think of that he tags with, your thoughts and make the point guard dig out of the spot and reset the offense at the top of key. Rick's dumbass refused to do that because he thinks in his bronzed out little mind that he's an equal on radio with Artie Lange. Give Rick 3 years at the clubs and in his own misery and he can fashion a 45 minute act, but he can't come close to content that Artie can put out on a daily show, fuck, no one can that's still kickin' - Stern used to be able to, when Carolla was trying to buy old lambos and datsun race cars he could on loveline, but Artie is a fuckin plow mule, or should I say Horse

14. Undercarriage

Undercarriage Active Member

Reputations:
    Yes Sam! Sid Rosenberg paired with Artie would be incredible if they could keep their heads on straight. Last I remember he was in Florida wanting to come back to New York. That was a few years ago so no idea what he's up to now. He was by far the best thing on Imus 10ish years ago.

I was really pleased to see someone other than Stover on last night. Brent mentioned something about being down at the super bowl with the show and my heart sank thinking they had already made him permanent. Mannix was better but I wasn't blown away or anything(yeah i know it was only one show).

Who else would yall like to see get a shot in the cohost chair?

15. Easymobee

Easymobee New Member

Reputations:
    A Norm pairing would make the show bliss. If a strait man is needed I wouldnt mind stover, I thought mannix sucked and I dont think he liked doing the show much either.

Carolla would be great too, but only loveline carolla and thats impossible now.

16. CAPTAIN KIRK

CAPTAIN KIRK New Member

Reputations:
    Brock & Carolla would never leave sunny CA for an unstable cold NY gig with Artie. I think it's fruitless to keep speculating who the new co-host will be for an obviously doomed show. Never forget that Artie's gonna do what Artie's gonna do..

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  17. fatstuff

fatstuff New Member

Reputations:
    I'm really happy for them to just keep trying out different co-hosts.

18. mpa

mpa Active Member

Reputations:
    might as well. Artie can do this, find him someone perfect no matter how long it takes

19. Undercarriage

Undercarriage Active Member

Reputations:
    checked out sid rosenberg's twitter and saw he plugged artie's appearance on californication last night. didn't know they were buds. he's also gonna be in NO this week so hoping they have him on!

20. Gunnar

Gunnar New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I say replace Nick with Nick (sometime next month).

At least have him back on the show on a regular basis.

Gunnar,