REPORT: Apple to launch new TV streaming service

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Gitfiddle, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Gitfiddle

Gitfiddle Live Deliciously

Reputations:
    I hope this means we're coming closer to an a la carte system where I don't have to pay for 100+ channels that I never watch

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/17/report-apple-to-launch-new-tv-streaming-service? main twitter

Apple is gearing up to launch an online TV service in the United States, if a new report is to be believed.

The Wall Street Journal (via THR) reports that the service will be a slimmed down affair, costing around $30-40 USD a month for 25 high-profile channels. According to the publication's sources, Apple is currently in talks with network giants ABC, CBS and Fox, however NBC won't be included due to a prior dispute with NBC's parent company Comcast.

The service will reportedly be announced in June and launch in the American fall, and will allow users to stream channels live to devices running Apple's iOS.

At Apple's event earlier this month, the tech giant announced an Apple TV price drop and an exclusivity deal with HBO Now.

2. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

babybear and Mr Sinister like this.
  3. MorningSong13

MorningSong13 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I hope so, but sports will be what compilicates a full transition. At least to me. Getting all those things like MLB at Bat, college games, NFL, Center Ice - seems like by the time your'e done with all those, you're essentially at the same monthly payment for cable.

I would ditch cable in a heart beat for all the entertainment - give me AMC, HBO, ESPN and that's about it for what I watch.