Republicans Warn Washington to Think Twice About Legalizing Marijuana

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Feb 26, 2015.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    27marijuana10-articleLarge.jpg

“The district is on a slippery slope to becoming Amsterdam,” Mr. Chaffetz said. “We are going to appeal to the U.S. attorney. We want to see the law enforced.”

He said that the request to the Justice Department would come soon, and that there would probably be investigations and hearings in Congress.

Ms. Bowser said Wednesday that the city would carry out its own law and that Congress should “not be so concerned about overturning what seven out of 10 voters said should be the law.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/27/u...on=Footer&module=MoreInSection&pgtype=article

2. Chicken Soda

Chicken Soda Unknown Member

Reputations:
    It's all about that limited government.

3. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
  4. dawg

Reputations:
    The party that will send you to prison for 18 years for pot brownies yet give a child molester two. Explain that one.

5. dawg

Reputations:
    jcosey likes this.
  6. dawg

Reputations:
    Two Texas Republicans Have a Crappy Plan to Sorta, Not Really Legalize Medical Marijuana

Kevin Eltife and Stephanie Klick are taking the safest approach possible to an issue that, for them, is politically dangerous. The two legislators, both Republicans, have put themselves behind legalizing the narrowest sliver of medical cannabis. The Tyler state senator and Fort Worth state representative want to OK the use of cannabidiol (CBD) oil for people with intractable epilepsy.

CBD is among the treatments prescribed for Alexis Bortell, a Rowlett 9-year-old who's become a poster child for medical marijuana reform in Texas. Two Colorado doctors who evaluated Bortell told her family that marijuana was the best remedy for her epileptic seizures. She was given a Colorado "red card" which allows for her to take marijuana-based medications. In Colorado, not in Texas.

Legalizing CBD with low THC concentrations -- Eltife and Klick are careful to emphasize that patients would not be able to get high from their medications -- for kids and adults suffering from crippling, life-threatening seizures is seemingly a no-brainer. It may not be what's best for drug-reform in Texas, however, according to Shaun McAlister, the executive director of the DFW Chapter of NORML -- the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws.

"I'm glad the we're talking about medical marijuana with some actual sincerity now in Texas, because this entire state is just tragically behind the rest of the country," he says. "On the other hand, I'm really nervous about a CBD-only push because, for one thing, CBD only legislation represents a really shallow understanding of what cannabis actually is and what it can do."

This is a fucking Joke right? The right wants smaller Government as long as they agree with it? :lol:

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2015/01/texas_medical_marijuana_legal.php

7. John Mahlin

John Mahlin These go to eleven Gold

Reputations:
    Come June 1 can grow 4 plants or have 4 oz. or so, which I'm grateful for, but I wonder if the people know how much weed I can get off one plant, let alone 4? How pot can be illegal is a mystery to me, oh that's right, the gov't can't get their cut.

BethsZygote likes this.
  8. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    They look so ridiculous with this ongoing unfounded fear of marijana.

Box of Rox likes this.
  9. dawg

Reputations:
    Yet 76% of Texans want legal weed, why are these dipshits ignoring the people?

[​IMG]

jcosey likes this.
  10. dawg

Reputations:
    You are pretty lucky, i will be stuck in the 1800's with rednecks until my death probably.

Ving likes this.
  11. John Mahlin

Reputations:
    Move to Oregon, my couch is pretty comfy.

12. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    Sigh...This shit....is why I can't in good conscience completely lean right.....

LawyerLarry likes this.
  13. dawg

Reputations:
    I might pee on your couch :jj:

14. dawg

Reputations:
    Limited Government right? You can just sit there and suffer like a man and die from that cancer you aint getting no weed.

JameGumb likes this.
  15. dawg

Reputations:
    This is why i predict Texas will go blue, people want weed. Prohibition sucks

16. Gretsch Man

Gretsch Man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'd put my own political beliefs somewhere right of center, but this current crop of big government republicans is disgusting.

17. dawg

Reputations:
    HOUSTON (FOX 26) -
    In Colorado and a smattering of states across the country buying a little marijuana bud for personal consumption has been sanctioned by voters and will no longer land anyone behind bars.

But in the Lone Star State the prohibition on pot remains firmly in place despite new UT/Texas Tribune poll numbers that indicate only 24 percent, less than a quarter of adult citizens, believe marijuana should never be legalized.

"We have to realize that there is such a thing as bad law and I think that's what people are realizing now, it is bad law," said Ann Lee of Republicans Against Marijuana Prohibition.

While only 42 percent of those surveyed favored lifting the ban on pot smoking for the general public, a compelling 76 percent agreed it's time marijuana for medical purposes was made legal and available in Texas.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/28192427/76-of-texans-favor-medical-marijuana-says-new-poll

18. John Mahlin

Reputations:
    It's OK, Father-in-law already took care of that. I have a pool, big back yard and a tent, shit, I might just go live out back and maybe get some peace and quiet and you can live in the house.

dawg likes this.
  19. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    I read up on something about Thc tablets that can do the same thing that stuff like ibuprofen to Oxycodones can do but don't eat away at your liver. Wonderful big Pharma....

20. jlightningzz

jlightningzz Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    ...that's the same fuckhead who said he was going to throw the mayor of D.C. in jail if she went through with it. People were smoking weed outside a lot of clubs in downtown Minneapolis last weekend...the cops didn't care at all. Or were too fucking cold to move. :leaf:

Thikken Vaney likes this.