Discussion in 'Help and Support Desk' started by Viddy Well, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Viddy Well

Viddy Well New Member

Reputations:
    What's the point of it?

If you get bad reps do you get thrown in Crossbar?

If you get good reps do you get anything out of it?

Just curious.

2. vaginapoosie

vaginapoosie black magic woman VIP

Reputations:
    yeah, i'd like to know what's the point of having them.

i ask because someone with too much free time on their hands keeps neg reppin' me.

also, another question i have is: WHO can give neg reps? supporters only? and how come one negative rep can put me so deep in the red so fast?

3. HeinousMark

HeinousMark Creepy-Ass Cracka VIP

Reputations:
    If you post in the Bar, it's prolly Schmoopy, because it's all he has to live for.....Supporters can give neg rep, but also, they can see WHO gives them rep, good or bad....If you like it here and plan on staying around, it's worth a few bucks, IMHO, but I understand bein' po', too.....I love Breaking Bad, so I'm gonna hope you're not an asshole, and see if we can get rid of that shit-pile......:hat:

4. HeinousMark

Reputations:
  5. Skeebosh

Skeebosh Active Member

Reputations:
    I thrive on negative rep because then I know I'm doing my job or aggravating the assholes here

6. vaginapoosie

Reputations:
    hahhaa... well, the things i keep getting negative reps on are ridiculous. last one was for posting a sad emoticon. someone posted a thread about that arthritic dog in the water being held by his owner, so i posted the sad emoticon as my reply. so they neg repped that. like, who gives neg reps for that? :uscratch:

but anyway, maybe i'll become a supporter one day. not really on here that much, but we shall see.

thanks for the answers/help.

7. RH Goatcabin

RH Goatcabin Notable Member VIP

Reputations:
    Reps are a way of chronicling pain. They are a guidepost.

8. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    It's a gang mentality here. People give you neg reps just for the sake of them giving them around here. If you want any traffic besides a handful of supporters in the future if people get frustrated at the current system in place. It should be addressed in some way shape or fashion . . .

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  9. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    I'm a Mod on a couple of DDL boards and this kind of mentality would discourage the non VIP's from contributing for sure. Because the VIP's would just team up and shit on the regular users trying to contribute to the board. Like the kool kids versus the new kids just entering a new school system would . . .

10. BudBudha

BudBudha Male Underwear Model

Reputations:
    Play with your settings, maybe nonsupporters turn off their reps :dontknow:

11. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    That would be better than the current system in place . . .

- - -

In the DDL boards I'm involved in we grant VIP either through contribution levels or monetary support. But we don't destroy new users through rep discouragement. Because you don't know in the future who will be a superstar contributor of course . . .

Why destroy the self esteem/contributions a new user is about to give you before they have a chance to prove themselves to you . . .

12. vaginapoosie

Reputations:
    yeah, it seems like that-- and i don't do the whole "gang mentality/bully" thing-- had enough of it in my life, and i'll be damned if i'm going to pay attention to it on a message board. i honestly don't care about the rep points-- negative or positive for that matter-- but i really just wanted to understand the process because i couldn't understand how one strike against me could put me so far down when i was up quite a bit in the green.

yeah, i tried doing that before i even posted here, but non-supporters don't seem to have that option.

13. BudBudha

BudBudha Male Underwear Model

Reputations:
    I'm not aware of an active campaign to group neg rep nonsupporters and I post in all the forums. :dontknow:

Reps were reset due to the chaos of the great rep wars of mid 2012 that was due to supporters beefing with each other.
    Those were the days my friends when the skies were darkened with ash, the air smelled like death, food and water were nowhere to be found :uscared:

We're adults discussing reps :facepalm:

:jj:

14. HeinousMark

Reputations:
    No matter when or where you try to have something nice, some asshole is gonna try to fuck it up....

15. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Look at my notifications. I'm still getting neg reps from a comment I made over a month ago. Every single day I log in.

Not to mention someone admitted that he gave me a neg rep because everyone else did. Not because he took offense or anything. He said it was fashionable and he was following a trend from others. So he did the same.

So of course there is a gang mentality around here. It's fucked up. And discouraging to say the least . . .

- - -

Look I'm not a teen, or even still in my twenty's anymore. But it seems it's like children at play around here in some cases . . .

16. usedtampon

usedtampon Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Reputation points are VERY significant to a board like this. It identifies the good, productive posters and differentiates them from the shitheads who deserve scorn and hatred.

17. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    I disagree. Free speech is paramount in discussion boards. If not why have a discussion board in the first place. If you only want people who agree with you 100% of the time . . .

18. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    For Example: I just got a neg rep right now because I'm glad John is still employed. And the anonymous neg reg message was ""fuck off you turban headed Canuck"" . . .

- - -

1. Is it a crime to be Canadian?

2. I'm not Indian or Arab/Islamic and have never worn a turban in my life . . .

P.S. For the record I'm very much a pale white man . . .

- - -

This kind of mentality is what I'm talking about . . .

19. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    It would be nice if a Mod responded in this thread at some point . . .

20. vaginapoosie

Reputations:
    the mods are probably the ones doing it. :uhw: