Reunion Show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by BenFromClifton, Apr 29, 2014.

1. BenFromClifton

BenFromClifton Member

Reputations:
  2. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller floating around

Reputations:
  3. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    You guys are right, i didcall it

4. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    I cant wait to hear what artie has to say when nick goes into the draftkings and dollar shave club spots

5. BenFromClifton

BenFromClifton Member

Reputations:
    Cue up "Traveling Riverside Blues" and get the fucking Red Lead on the stove!!!

6. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Holy shit. I am tricked into another Nick podcast.

Vive Rick and Marty!

This is going to be good. No hard break, no sports. Just Rick's usual combination of arrogance, jealousy, and now justifiable derision. This actually makes me happy.

Yes yes ltd, you're very wise.

7. ksmann1

ksmann1 Member

Reputations:
    cant wait

8. Chucky

Chucky Member

Reputations:
    Fucking awesome

9. Jack Ruby

Jack Ruby New Member

Reputations:
    Hell yeah!! Been listening to Nick's podcast for the past couple months, this one will undoubtedly be the best. The chemistry and cynasism N&A have when they're not constrained by a stupid corporate format is as good as it gets. I wouldn't even mind a brief a Falato cameo. He was the only other person in their show's history that knew all the references and had the heavyweight friendships in show business to have an intelligent conversation with 2 comedians of their status. And yeah, they gotta open with Zeppelin - Travelling Riverside Blues......c'mon Tom, for old times sake.

10. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    This may break the riotcast network servers.

Hopefully they both speak truth to power and eviscerate DirecTV.

11. jaceson

jaceson Member

Reputations:
    Wish Artie was permanent and not just a guest...

12. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    it doesnt seem like theres much hope of that because nicks got all of his equipment set up at his house and he lives up in westchester. artie had a hard enough time making it from hoboken to manhattan for a national tv/radio show; i don't think he'll make it all the way up to some desolate part of westchester to do a podcast.

would be great if he did. i think they could quickly make an N & A podcast more popular than the TV show. The best days of n and a were basically a podcast anyway--no structure, just riffing on whatever (those shows really were incredible, especially going back and listening to them now). now they can curse too. adding their scorned mocking of directv, which i doubt would happen due to possible contractual and desire to work again reasons, would make the show really unstoppable.

i'm pretty pumped as it is though

13. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    It's incredibly common, and works remarkably well, for partners to do podcasts via Skype. Twit.tv does a whole network that way; The Bugle does it clear across the Atlantic (Oliver in NY and Saltzman in London)... So if they wanted, they could. I hear JTBO is suddenly available for engineering help...

14. SneakAtoke

SneakAtoke Active Member

Reputations:
  15. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:

everyone has a podcast, but if a couple (or more) good comedians teamed up to form a "super" podcast, they could really start taking over shit.

i'm not really aware of any podcasts with multiple comedians on regularly, maybe robert kelly's?

either way, time to consolidate power and take over the podcast game: nick, colin quinn, and artie need to start doing a show on the reg

i like your idea of skype, but that means adrienne would always have to be around to set it up for artie.

16. release

release New Member

Reputations:
    That reminds me, is Adrienne living in Artie's apartment?

As for the reunion show, I'm happy that they are indeed on good terms (now apparently even more so) like Artie has declared ever since Nick left. I was worried that it was like a Stern situation, where they all lie their asses off, feigning respect for one another, giving bullshit reasons why they never talk anymore off-air, etc. I wonder if DirecTV told Artie to never do Nick's podcast while ALS was still on air?

17. jonmac20

jonmac20 Active Member

Reputations:
    Dam made my night

18. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fuck yeah, awesome. I guess I was kind of right in the other thread, it seems he was waiting on Artie to release the next podcast. Unfortunately, for now anyway, according to Nick on twitter he's just a guest and not permanent. Hopefully they will see the huge response this will get and it will plant the seed.

19. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Mike Baker the Bad Radio Maker on twitter talking about the Nick and Artie breakup. He's pretty good friends with Nick, so I wonder if Nick had been bad mouthing Ken Kohl. Why else would he have that opinion of him? To me this reinforces the idea that he was fired rather than it being some sort of rift between him and Artie. The fact that they are together on Nick's podcast a mere two days after Artie's last show is pretty indicative that they still have a good relationship and it was DTV that forced the Nick silence on TALS.

[​IMG]

20. kev

kev Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hope Dan makes the trip up to Westchester, and Mike stays the fuck home.