Rex Reed Trashes Only God Forgives and Makes 1000s want to see it . . .

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Diogenes1, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Diogenes1

Diogenes1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    This is the trailer for the flick:

[video=youtube_share;reIxnLrtY5g]http://youtu.be/reIxnLrtY5g[/video]

This the review. (Bear in mind Rex Reed is an old fogie fuckhead that gives away plot points in his review, so there are spoilers in this review.)

Here are some of his pull quotes from his review that makes me want to see this all the more . .

"Ultra-violent, demented, plotless, creepy, meat-headed and boring, this is nothing more than a depraved travesty of abstract expression that wastes the film it’s printed on."

"When his sub-mental brother rapes and slaughters a teenage whore, her father slices his head off. Enter a catatonic cop, who proceeds to Cuisinart everyone in sight, and Gosling’s mother Crystal, the despicable, drunken, pill-popping bottle-blonde nymphomaniac head of a family drug empire who travels 10,000 miles to lick her pomegranate-red lips over the corpse of the rapist son, with whom she has obviously been having an incestuous affair for years."

"The script contains such a bare minimum of words that it resembles a cadaver ripped clean of flesh by carrion birds. The action is pretty much left up to the benign Thai cop, who throws boiling oil in a man’s face and bashes his head in with the hot skillet. Then he drives sharp metal spikes through another screaming man’s eardrums and scoops out his eyeballs. Between massacres, the cop sings love songs in a karaoke cabaret. I don’t want to tell you what he does with a samurai sword, or how he slashes open Kristin Scott Thomas’s body with a butcher knife before a drooling Gosling inserts his hands and does unspeakable things with her entrails."
    Call me "sold." I will be there.

2. Diogenes1

Reputations:
    another trailer:

[video=youtube_share;Tcl2hnhze3E]http://youtu.be/Tcl2hnhze3E[/video]

3. Diogenes1

Reputations:
    LOL at the passive-aggressive faggit that one-stars my threads. :coffee:

4. Vyb

Vyb serial chiller Gold

Reputations:
    Trailer looks pretty goo even tho I don't much care for Ryan Gossling. :dontknow:

5. wigtropolis

wigtropolis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ryan gosling ain't tough, you looking at me!

6. HeinousMark

HeinousMark Creepy-Ass Cracka VIP

Reputations:
    I didn't realize he was still alive and in business. It's ironic that his name is "Rex", shouldn't it be "Regina"?????? :c

7. Diogenes1

Reputations:
    He is good in Drive and Place Beyond the Pines, I think he holds his own. I used to think he was too wimpy looking to play a tough guy.