News Richard Sherman, from the Seahawks, is taking a different approach about the Anthem protests..

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Daveindiego, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Daveindiego

Daveindiego Confirmed Internet Legend Gold

Reputations:
    And I think it's a positive, and deserves some attention.

Instead of taking questions at his NFL mandated press conference, he gave a statement on his thoughts on this current matter that was begun by Kapernick.

I really hope that maybe this does lead to true discussion and change for the better.

Richard Sherman is no dipshit, as much as he tries to look it, he is a graduate of Stanford.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ootings-not-taking-questions-press-conference

Richard Sherman protests shootings by not taking questions at news conference
    ENTON, Wash. -- Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman declined to take questions at his weekly news conference Wednesday as a form of protest to recent police shootings.
    Instead, he shared his thoughts on athletes and social change.

"I'm not going to answer any questions today, and it's no offense to you guys, but I think the state of things in the world today is very interesting," Sherman said.

Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin and 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick have had "extensive conversations" about the next step after their silent national anthem protests.

"I think you have players that are trying to take a stand and trying to be aware of social issues and try to make a stand and increase peoples' awareness and put a spotlight on it, and they're being ignored. Whether they're taking a knee or whether they're locking arms, they're trying to bring people together and unite them for a cause. I think the last couple days, a couple more guys have gotten shot and killed in the middle of the street. More videos have come out of guys getting killed, and I think people are still missing the point. The reason these guys are kneeling, the reason we're locking arms is to bring people together, to make people aware that this is not right. It's not right for people to get killed in the street."

Sherman's protest comes one day after police fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott in Charlotte, North Carolina, and five days after 40-year-old Terence Crutcher was fatally shot by an officer in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

"I do a lot of community service. I go out there and try to help kids and try to encourage them to be better and to aspire to more. And when you tell a kid, 'When you're dealing with police, just put your hands up and comply with everything,' and there's still a chance of them getting shot and no repercussions for anyone, that's an unfortunate time to be living. That's an unfortunate place to be in. There's not a lot you can tell a kid. There's not a lot you can try to inspire, say to inspire a person. When you say, 'Hey, we need black fathers to be in the community to stay there for your kids,' but they're getting killed in the street for nothing, for putting their hands on their cars. And I think that's the unfortunate part. That's the unfortunate place that we're living in. And something needs to be done."

Last month, Sherman said he felt San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick's protest came from a good place, though added that "you can't ever stand against the flag."

Sherman's teammate, Jeremy Lane, knelt during the national anthem before the Seahawks' final preseason game, but the Seahawks have since stood together, arms locked as a demonstration of unity.

"When a guy takes a knee, you can ignore it," Sherman said. "You can say he's not being patriotic, he's not honoring the flag. I'm doing none of those things. I'm saying it straight up. This is wrong, and we need to do something."

Gogol Boobdello, RaeRae and freds like this.
  2. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    That dude lost to the fucking Rams :jj:

BrerJimmy, babybear, Runaway and 12 others like this.
  3. freds

freds you broke it VIP

Reputations:
    :golfclap:

Sherman is a Real American.

4. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    So he's telling kids that cops are gonna shoot them even if they obey? Fuck outta here :backlol:

5. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    Shiv is reading the article I posted. :wub:

6. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
  7. DDragon

DDragon VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    How many times has this happened ? They still think Mike Brown had his hands up :facepalm:

8. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    The guy in South Carolina that was running away over a traffic issue, and they shot him in the back. Dead.

9. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    Eric Garner and the cops that gang fucked him over selling single cigarettes.

10. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    That kid in Minnesota that was sitting in the car, and his chick recorded him dying after the cop shot him.

11. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    That 12 year old kid in Cleveland that was playing on a playground, and they ran up on him and capped him with much quickness.

12. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    "Richard Sherman is no dipshit,"

Wasn't that the winning story in a Mike Walker game once?

13. ItsAWholeThing

ItsAWholeThing Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Seems like all these protests are working i mean check out Charlotte

DinnerSocks likes this.
  14. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    1 legit incident out of how many that they claim.?

15. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    Oh another brave guy that's doing absolutely nothing to change anything

16. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    Oh the kid that had the BB gun?

babybear, JameGumb and ravenrules like this.
  17. bootyclause

bootyclause Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    maybe if "things have to change" these football players could give most of their salaries to help orphan kids, stop gangs, stop drug abuse, assist in job training, give money to education, etc.

Instead they're like "attention white people - the police are bad. Things have to change." Then they drive away from the press conference in their Bentley listening to Chris Brown and Tupac. OK, guy. Thanks for the little speech.

18. DinnerSocks

DinnerSocks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    @Daveindiego None of those people you mentioned were complying with the Police. They may not have deserved a death sentence but they risked one by not complying with Police.

19. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    CsaxITBUEAAm3ye.jpg

20. DiamondGoddess

DiamondGoddess Born Ready for My Close-Up! Gold

Reputations:
    And NBA player Glen Rice just announced he's broooooooooooooooke!!!

(These asshole athletes need to wake the F up and be grateful to be here.)

babybear and Runaway like this.