rick Reilly with a nice article on Peyton Manning...

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by wanker, Mar 8, 2012.

1. wanker

wanker New Member

Reputations:
    http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7660415/thanks-memories-peyton-manning..

Thank you, Peyton Manning.
    This might be the beginning of something better. Might be the end of everything good. But before we slog into what happens next, where you'll go, what you'll do, we owe you a thank you for what you've done and who you've been.
    So thank you, Peyton Manning, for never showing up in the VIP section of Cheerleaders, overserved and under-mannered.
    Thank you for never ending up on Court TV, or Page Six or with parts of somebody's nose on your knuckles.

[h=3] You came to a nowhere franchise and made it Somewhere. Greatness poured out of your fingers because you put in the hours and the study and the pain to let it. Two Super Bowls, four NFL MVPs, 11 Pro Bowls, 11 playoff seasons and more records than a used CD store.
    [/h]

2. wanker

wanker New Member

Reputations:
    That Super Bowl win was classic you. Every day that whole week, you made your center, Jeff Saturday, spend an extra 15 minutes snapping you balls you'd soaked in a bucket of water. "It might rain," you said. So when it did, and Chicago Bears quarterback Rex Grossman looked like he was throwing greased watermelons, you looked like you were throwing rocks.

3. wanker

wanker New Member

Reputations:
    Fourteen years in the league and the worst we can say about you is that you made a lot of castor-oil faces and your helmet left funny marks and one time you laid into your "idiot kicker." Fourteen years and you didn't sext anything, wreck anything or deck anybody.
    You were a 10,000-watt bulb in a small city, and yet you never seemed to tire of it. If you did, you rarely showed it. There's a fan website -- peytonmanning18.com/encounters.html -- where everyday people tell how you were with them. It's hard to find a rotten one.
    "Peyton was so nice and down to earth," one wrote. "He was just as polite and nice as I've always heard," wrote another. "He was getting ready to leave and wanted to take a picture with me and thank me for driving his golf cart," said a third. It's a lousy site if you're a cynic.

4. wanker

wanker New Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]and this is goldie hawn bein a hot mess recently:cheer:

5. banksy

banksy You wrote "I love you" in lipstick on the mirror VIP

Reputations:
    He'll do well in Houston :D

6. wanker

wanker New Member

Reputations:
    hmmm..

maybe

7. Little Joey

Little Joey Member

Reputations:
    Now Peyton can pull the "Manning Face" with another team.

8. Bullitt

Bullitt Active Member

Reputations:
    Nice article.
    The back page of SI was the first thing I'd read when Rick Reilly was there, since he went to ESPN, I think this may only be the 2nd time I've read an article from him. ESPN the Magazine looks like it was designed by a 4th grader, he should have never left Sports Illustrated.