Rob Zombie's new film, "The Lords Of Salem"---TRAILER

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Ben Dover, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think this was supposed to come out in 2012, but now the release date is 4/19/13. Of course, his wife has a starring role :facepalm:

http://youtu.be/GBXumvqRAHk

2. Tranquil

Tranquil Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I like his style of over the top gore, horror films, so I'll check this out. Could be good.

3. Teeney

Teeney My friends call me Lissette Gold

Reputations:
    Howard doesn't talk about Rob Zombie much anymore. I guess if the movie is a big success then they will be good friends again.

4. KillVampires

KillVampires Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    "YOU BLEW THE WHISTLE ONCE!!! That's all I gotta say! Get that fucking camera out of my face!! NOOOOWW!"

[​IMG]

5. Icculus

Icculus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    he's a hack. house of 1000 corpses was creepy and visually interesting, but everything else has been shit. he needs to learn to write natural sounding dialogue.

6. Mojopin

Mojopin Resplendent in his frock VIP

Reputations:
    Looks like shit.

Just found out that a movie is being made about my hometown NHL team. :cheer:

Rob Zombie's directing it. :facepalm:

7. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Rob Zombie's next film believe or not is The Broad Street Bullies. It's a film on the Philadelphia Flyers Stanley Cup winning team. It seems that Rob is a huge hockey fan.

8. pontius pilot

pontius pilot #TeahmGandhiStarver VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

it's all make-up and grunting!

9. Kanger

Kanger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've seen him at a lot of Kings games, big hockey fan

10. slab0meat

slab0meat negative creep

Reputations:
    Do you really think he wants it so "naturally sounding"? He's a huge fan of the OLD horror stuff.. and a whole lot of that is bad (or so bad it's good, depending how you look at it).. he mimics what he likes.

I'll watch this movie.

11. Tans Lover

Tans Lover Active Member

Reputations:
    I love his movies. The Devil's Rejects is one my my favorites.

12. Icculus

Reputations:
    Rejects was ok, I guess. At least you didn't say Halloween. Automatic lifetime opinion disqualifier.

13. Tans Lover

Tans Lover Active Member

Reputations:
    Didn't see Halloween or any of the other classic horror movie remakes because I didn't feel they needed to be remade but I felt that Devil's Rejects was a lot better than House of 1000 corpses based on Bill Moseley's performance. He does a great job in both of those movies.

14. Just Me

Just Me VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I only made it through 54 seconds. Total crap like all of his movies. Oh, but the wife has dreads in this one so that makes it different than the others. Fuckin crap.

15. Icculus

Reputations:
    there's been a few decent remakes(hills have eyes, dawn of the dead, let me in, i spit on your grave, the crazies) and the new Evil Dead looks fucking awesome.

16. Tans Lover

Tans Lover Active Member

Reputations:
    Yes you got me, the new I Spit On Your Grave was better than the original and the trailer for the new Evil Dead does look awesome. I just hope they didn't do the "lets put anything good in the trailer" thing. I didn't think the new Dawn of the Dead was any better than the original and the new Day of the Dead was a joke.

17. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    I wanted to like Robie Zobie as a horror director...when HoaTC finally got released, I was really excited to see it. It turned out to be a huge disappointment. The first two acts had a lot of annoying aspects and the third act was a steaming pile of shit.

The Devil's Rejects wasn't bad. I hated it at first, but I revisited it about a year ago and enjoyed it a lot.

Halloween was forgettable. Making everything with a gritty, white trash tint doesn't make it cool. Every other word out of everybody's mouth is "fuck"...what a cheap gimmick. Carpenter's a legend for a reason. He didn't have to rely on cheap tricks and gimmicks...and he created the fucking score which was instantly iconic.

Halloween 2 was one of the shittiest movies I have ever seen. I hate to sound like a dick, but if you say that H2 was a good horror movie than you're either a liar or you have the shittiest taste in movies ever.

I get it..you might be a Zombie fan and hate trashing him, but get over it. I'm a HUGE George Romero fan and I can admit that Survival of the Dead was fucking awful. And so was Diary of the Dead. And hell, Land of the Dead was mediocre as well. I can admit when somebody I like and respect drops a bomb.

People like to defend H2 and blame everything on time constraints. Bullshit. Zombie knew what he was getting himself into and went for it anyway. Romero rewrote a huge part of Dawn of the Dead on the spot and it turned out to be a masterpiece. Zombie has no excuses.

Anyway, the LoS trailer doesn't give me high hopes. I'll check it out when it gets released on DVD, but I'm not expecting much.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  18. Martina

Martina New Member

Reputations:
    Rob Zombie is the most brilliant director, writer, rock star, of our generation. His meteoric rise to stardom in the music world will soon be surpassed by his stellar films, both ones that he has made, and the films yet to come. He is flawlessly thin with incredible hair and perfectly defined chiseled features that lends to his incredible performances on stage and one can only hope he will appear on film and write a role for himself. He will surpass the great Alfred Hitchcock by continuing to create one-of-a-kind film experiences and his genius is only surpassed by his generosity and kindness and a true devotion to his fans worldwide :)

19. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    His first two movies are okay. His Halloweens are some of the worst shit ever.

This movie looks interesting, but he's GOT TO STOP PUTTING HIS FUCKING UNTALENTED WIFE IN HIS MOVIES. And as the lead, no less!! WTF Rob???

She was nice to look at in House of 1000 Corpses. Now she's just.. ewww..

20. Tans Lover

Tans Lover Active Member

Reputations:
    and Howard invented him :)