Robber was never told to report to prison. 13 years later they incarcerate him

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Phillipmcd, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    After he was convicted of armed robbery in 2000, Cornealious Anderson was sentenced to 13 years behind bars and told to await instructions on when and where to report to prison. But those instructions never came.

So Anderson didn't report. He spent the next 13 years turning his life around — getting married, raising three kids, learning a trade. He made no effort to conceal his identity or whereabouts. Anderson paid taxes and traffic tickets, renewed his driver's license and registered his businesses.

Not until last year did the Missouri Department of Corrections discover the clerical error that kept him free. Now he's fighting for release, saying authorities missed their chance to incarcerate him.
    http://news.yahoo.com/armed-robber-never-told-report-prison-195146743.html

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  2. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    Crazy. Good for him for turning his life around, but he could have called to ask them. :dontknow:

3. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    :mad:
    Thanks Obama!

4. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    dude did his time... too bad for the cops forgot to do their jobs..

set him free....

5. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    i agree with you on this. I'm not sure if i think he should serve the whole sentence. This is a really odd situation.

6. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    I would like another persons write up about what this guy was up to for the past 13 years.
    :coffee:

7. PelicanWig

Reputations:
    Great point. Just because he had a few kids and got a job that doesn't make him a saint.

8. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    Sorry no sympathy. He knew he was convicted and should have done something about it. Whatever he did in the mean time is meaningless.

I know a guy that had not bad but no credit history but needed a truck. I sent him to a buddy of mines dealership who cut him a deal as a favor to me. He let him split the down payment into 2 $1000 checks one not to be cashed until the end of the next week and one not to be cashed until a month later. He put the checks in a file and forgot about them for about three months. When he was organizing his desk he found them saw they were both past the time he agreed to hold them and put them thru the bank where they both bounced like tennis balls due to him having about 400 total in his account. My asshole buddy called me the next day screaming that they had drove his account negative as if it was somehow their fault he had spent the money he knew was allotted for checks he had written. Now I can't tell you the exact amount in my checking account at any given day but I'll bet I could get within 50 bucks if you asked me. At any time in a three month period if my account had 2 grand more than it is supposed to I would start wondering what hadn't gone thru instead of just hoping for the best and spending the money.

This guy has known all this time that this was here and just went on hoping his thirteen year debt would just magically go away like my buddy did with the two grand. Well guess what assclown. The check just went to the bank and it's time for you to pay your debt to society. Don't drop the soap.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  9. PelicanWig

Reputations:
    I just read the full article and a bunch of comments and one dumb bitch commented that how dare the Swat team show up with automatic weapons and terrorize his family like that. No mention about the Burger King manager that he held at gun point demanding the nightly deposit drop money. After reading the whole story this guy did commit a serious felony which may have severely traumatized the victim. I find this case very interesting.

10. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    he's going to have to do a few years.

11. Hamptons Bowler

Hamptons Bowler Member

Reputations:
    Now criminals complain if you don't lock them up. Nobody believes incarceration is rehabilitation. It's a small deterrent and a massive garbage dump.

12. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
  13. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    ‘Go Home to Your Family, Mr. Anderson’: Judge Frees Man Who Was Sent to Jail 13 Years Late Due to Clerical Error

Cornealious “Mike” Anderson spent 13 years free from prison due to a clerical error, then nearly a year behind bars when the mistake was caught. On Monday, he walked out of a southeast Missouri courtroom a free man again – this time with no need to look over his shoulder.

Mississippi County Associate Circuit Judge Terry Lynn Brown needed just a 10-minute hearing before ruling that he was giving Anderson credit for time served for all 4,794 days between his conviction and when he was arrested last year. The judge granted Anderson his immediate freedom.
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-to-jail-13-years-late-due-to-clerical-error/

[​IMG]

14. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    Glad he got out

15. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Good for him. I'm glad! :cool:

16. SleepingWarrior

SleepingWarrior Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Eh, he did a year of time and got let out when he would have if he had served the full sentence and the state hadn't fucked up.

17. Morrisb

Morrisb Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Props. :cool:

18. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    If he had gone to prison back then, he would have likely done about 5-6 years, come out with no skills, and no chance at a decent job, and likely would have committed more crimes. Our criminal justice system is broken

19. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    OK, but what's the alternative? Teach violent criminals a skill that non-criminals have to pay to learn?

I have sympathy for drug criminals and the like, but if prison isn't the answer to crimes like armed robbery, what is? Even in nations with low recidivism rates (like Japan) people who do shit like this do hard time.

20. Kracka-Mike

Kracka-Mike Temp Ban Gold

Reputations:
    He did