Robin: "America will finally fall in love with you Howard"

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by FCCstandards, Jul 11, 2012.

1. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    Numerous times she also said "America will see what we all love about you"

Soooooooo, could she be more wrong? :facepalm:
    As a gauge I'm still waiting for my mother and sister to mention the name Howard Stern. They both watch all those reality competition shows.

No comments yet.

2. FedUp

FedUp New Member

Reputations:
    She always fucking wrong...

3. Afganistand

Afganistand Motivationally Deficient VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

4. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    "That" is one thing she shouldn't have been "about to say"

5. Howard Stork

Howard Stork "Big Nosed and Jewish"

Reputations:
    She loves Howie cause she gets shitloads of money and all she has to do is laugh at everything he says. No wonder she loves the asshole.

6. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I am shocked that no one in Howard's inner circle either thought that or had the balls to tell Howard that appearing on AGT could blow up in his face. "Middle America" will never accept Howard and Howard's fan base (other than the blind loyalists) will never accept Hollywood Howie. Howard's core audience does not care about AGT (it skews older and to women and his core audience is male and younger) and AGT's core audience thinks he is a scumbag.

7. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    It was just following a paycheck and a TV presence. Apparently he's been done with radio for at least 5 years.

Lots of people, including FredEric, expressed their disdain, though I don't know that anyone said "you could fail miserably and have no where left to turn", in part because few expected him to make the radio show even more of neglected stepchild than he already had...

8. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    he comes off as a fake panderer...big mistake doing agt

9. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think Howard honestly thought he was going to be a huge hit on AGT. I don't know if he cared if he destroyed his radio base, but I think he has been angling to go mainstream, family friendly for a while and AGT would be his launching pad to that end. I think he was going to be the darling of Middle America by September and bolt from his radio gig to AGT fulltime and other TV and movie gigs.

I have been saying for a while that I think he never really thought he was going to win his lawsuit with Sirius, but use it for leverage to get out his contract with Sirius paying him the full contract after he became a hit on AGT. Obviously two things are stopping that plan - the judge dismissed the case and America are luke warm to Howard on AGT at best.

10. flailingfish

flailingfish New Member

Reputations:
    fuck middle america, no one in the country is buying his shit

11. CAPTAIN KIRK

CAPTAIN KIRK New Member

Reputations:
    Hey Robin, FUCK OFF !!:gtfo:

12. shani3

shani3 Active Member

Reputations:
    If Howard had stopped filtering his on-air calls and Twitter feeds to just suck-ups and tards like Maryann and Bobo, he would've gotten a more honest and realistic gauge of how he'd have gone over with "middle America". If his long-time listeners were finally getting bored with him, how the hell did he expect to win over the folks in Bumfuck, Idaho?

13. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Obviously, Howard has always been polarizing. However unlike in his heyday (or before his "hayday" so to speak), there was usually little apathetic middle ground. The minority who were into him was still much larger and more impassioned. Now it's more "WGAS" and that won't drive ratings anywhere but down.

14. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard comes across overtly serious and non fun or funny or charming or happy or

15. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Don Buchwald probably tried. He was pitched the idea and didn't even bother telling Howard about it because he knew that it was a shit show that Howard should stay far away from. He was then shocked when Howard asked about AGT and said he was interested in becoming a judge.

Fred and Jon Hein also stated that AGT was beneath Howard.

16. GotSomeWood

GotSomeWood Member

Reputations:
    I actually like him on the show. I don't always agree but at least he's not pandering to anyone in my opinion. You guys just want to hate on him hard. I dislike the course the HS show has taken, but that was well before AGT.

17. TheLACritic

TheLACritic Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

First, the show is horrible with or without Howard. And Howars IS pandering when he lies and talks about how he "takes his judging seriously" and always loved the show. And the fact that he praises some of these horrible acts without goofing on them is Howard trying to "pander" to his new audience. Not to mention he takes himself too seriously like he really has some sage advice to give these people. Does he really think people care what he has to say unless he is being funny?

Where is the funny Howard? What about his horrible look too? Wig, teeth, nose job, adam's apple surgery, bad clothes, going on stage, showing new love and respect to Mariah's husband? I've seen about 20 minutes total of that show and Howard's phoniness makes my skin crawl.

18. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The fans loves Howard until he fucked them over. Now it's just time for negative karma to hit him.

America Have Voted and most are no longer Stern fans or have Sirius.

19. shani3

shani3 Active Member

Reputations:
    *Sigh*...where do I start...Howard spent virtually all of 2005 talking up his upcoming move to satellite, promising 'revolutionary', 'uncensored', 'commercial-free' wall-to-wall comedy. This was supposed to be a new era of Howard Unchained. Then, after his first year at Sirius, what does he do? He cashes out, collecting on that ridiculous contract, starts putting little to no effort into his show, plays the same unfunny bits over and over, has fixed 'contests' that only the whack packers have any chance of winning, cuts his work-week down to four, then three days, spends two-thirds of his show brainwashing his listeners into thinking that a Sirius/XM merger would somehow be good for them, and not just him (and his agent), starts throwing in half-hour infomercials disguised as 'content', etc and so on. And when someone dares to imply that the "course the HS show has taken" just might not be to the PAYING fans' liking, what's his answer? "I piss on my fans!". When the paying fans voiced their displeasure with the show becoming a 3-hour infomercial for AGT, what does he say? "My fans can fuck off! Fuck 'em!".

"You guys just want to hate on him hard"--well, speaking strictly for myself, yeah. I do "hate on" him. He's earned it. Fuck him.

(p.s.--see? And I didn't even have to mention Beth!)

20. Gogol Boobdello

Gogol Boobdello Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    he needs Benji, Fred or anyone to write something funny for him on AGT.