Robin at her absolute worst during this week's Jonah Hill interview (clip)

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Skybox, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Skybox

Skybox New Member

Reputations:
    Getting caught up on this week's shows today. The interview with Jonah Hill was actually pretty good. Learned that in his movie Cyrus, he basically played Benjy Bronk. (added it to my to watch list).

Anyway, Robin was at her worst during the interview. Howard tries to end the interview after an hour, and Robin interrupts him with "something she wants to ask him" and ends up making a statement instead of asking a question. For the first time, Jonah breaks character of being the super nice humble guy, because he doesn't know what to do with her stupid ass.

Check out starting at 59:00 when Howard tries to end the interview.

[video=youtube;DKm8d3_aPxU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKm8d3_aPxU[/video]

2. CCMaguire

CCMaguire Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Yep, the poor guy had to actually ask her what the questions was. She seems to have the hots for Dicaprio.

3. Skybox

Skybox New Member

Reputations:
    yeah, she tried to barge in earlier in the interview to say that DiCrapio is a true movie star. And everyone ignored her ass, so she just had to barge in at the end and pretend she had a question and make the same stupid point. I'm still pissed off at her for ruining the movie Gravity for me with her spoiler.

4. Pooh bear

Pooh bear Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    It's so painful listening to her over the isnd line. It's like they can't hear each other and they constantly talk over themselves. It's not working and someone needs to point it out. Shouldn't Gary be all over this??

5. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It was super bad robin :grad:

6. Skybox

Skybox New Member

Reputations:
    What is interesting is that it was relatively seamless the first go around. And now that she has for some reason gone back to ISDN, it is f-ing up all of the time. This includes the time this week when Robin didn't realize the show started and was bullshitting with someone about Lone Survivor. First time I've seen Howard really pissed at Robin in years.

7. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    She's been worse...

8. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    They did have something in place for awhile to avoid Howard asking where Robin is all the time.
    That went out the window recently.

10. Phantom Lord

Phantom Lord Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Here is another example of when she won't shut up during the whole interview. Howard, in a rare moment, lets his true feelings out about how Don Rickles impacted his life growing up. As Howard is being honest for a change Blobbin keeps interupting. At one point Don looks over at her and gives her a look to say, "I'm trying to listen to Howard."

Go to the 10:30 mark on this clip.

[video=youtube;MX-LIiWLnVI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX-LIiWLnVI[/video]

11. Skybox

Skybox New Member

Reputations:
    Good clip, thanks. I thought I would enjoy it, but I was actually really uncomfortable for her, for Rickles, for Howard, and for myself. :)

12. Mr Pink

Mr Pink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You can tell Howie's getting fed up with Robin. A couple shows ago, he came down pretty hard on her for forced cackling through something she said, saying that he can't fucking understand her cuz she laughs so much. Didn't he endlessly make fun of King of all Blacks for the same thing (laughing while talking)? At least you can understand King.

Also, you can tell when Robin doesn't have confidence in the particular bullshit she's spouting when she turns away from the mic and kind of fades out toward the end of a sentence. It's one of her tells.

13. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Great post. Thank you so much. I never remember hearing that back then, and amazing how much better the show was. It really was better when Robin left.

14. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    She used to have a HowardTV feed so she could see the studio. With HowardTV gone = no feed.
    (she is banned from the SiriusXM building for the same reason as Artie: drugs. Allegedly. Thats why she was in just 2 days, smuggled in via the secret Howard elevator.
    + she is in house arrest. )

15. beetlejosh

beetlejosh I got a head that's large Gold

Reputations:
    :umunch:
    [video=youtube;H_9Zb_bNT5A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_9Zb_bNT5A[/video]

16. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    Pickle jar or didn't happen.

17. Buffalo Balls

Buffalo Balls Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    She interrupts to make it seem like she's involved. But she's really reading the paper and surfing the net during the interviews. She couldn't give a fuck less.

18. Halloween

Halloween Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I can't find the clip, but there was a mark wahlberg interview where she kept trying to interrupt. At one point they were just talking over her like she wasn't mic'd up.

19. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Christ, she's an idiot. Robin always has to question what a movie star is today because Brad Pitt and DiCaprio are not movie stars to her. Robin is a movie star. not them.

20. ClumpyStern

ClumpyStern HSS-clean since Dec 2011 VIP

Reputations:
    Her other "tell" is storming outta the fuckin' studio and giving the person who offended her the silent treatment for a month. Also great how anytime an interview is going on just fine without any input from her, there will suddenly be a way-too-loud "umhum!" or "aha!" from her, basically, just to remind the interviewee that she's still "there."

No shit. Cunt basically chimed in after an hour-long interview with an actor just to announce: "By the way, you're just an actor; but the other guy in your movie is a real movie star."

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014