robin crow-barring during the sasha baron cohen interview

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by bucketbuddy, May 11, 2012.

1. bucketbuddy

bucketbuddy New Member

Reputations:
    i heard the whole interview, posted by one of you fucks the other day (thanks again, BTW). but i just saw the howard TV clip of the interview, and HOLY SHIT. i didn't really notice robin on the actual interview, but in this clip she's beyond annoying - and i'm not a robin hater either. they basically just ignore and talk over her, at least during this clip :facepalm:

[video=youtube;Z1a0FNfoCIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Z1a0FNfoCIA[/video]

2. christ cracker

christ cracker Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    robins a nice lady c'mon

3. BenBas

BenBas Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yep...we SHOULD BE used to it by now :rolleye:
    at least she wasn't CACKLE-ING OVER him!! Remember the "Artie" years with Robin CACKLE-ING OVER Artie and just about EVERY comic on the show....her PHONY laughing so LOUD with that "aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh" at the end.....

I HAD to listen to the Replays....just to HEAR what someone said OVER her annoying laugh!

Sometimes I think Robin "crow-bars" a question in she feels IS IMPORTANT and Howard FORGOT to ASK??? :dontknow: She's SUCH an ACCOMPLISHED interviewer isn't she :rolleye:...
    Maybe she's getting back in some way for Howard interrupting HER NEWS every fucking minute with a LIVE PLUG!!
    He RUINED her NEWS HOUR FOR ME!
    it's 30mins of NEws and 30mins of LIVE PLUGS!!! :facepalm:

So yes....she DID interrupt way too much with the SBC interview...even so..it was an AMAZING INTERVIEW!!!
    His voice was soooooo beautiful on Radio! LOVE the British accent and I'm SURE Robin was LOVING him too!!

She pretty much ruined the JeanCLaude interview too :p

You go girlfriend :cheer:

peace & love

4. Pigsaw

Pigsaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's really Howard's fault. There have been times when even Howard gets frustrated with her interruptions. But he knows how fragile Robin's ego is and if he cuts her off, she'll go storming out of the studio. Then he'll have to go and calm her down like he's done before and Howard does not want to go through that again. So he just tries to ignore her.

5. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    I know she interrupts a lot, but in this case she's simply trying to get a word in with two people intensely engaged in conversation.

Not shown in the video is the end of the segment where she actually stops him leaving to ask a question.

On the surface this sounds annoying, but honestly she didn't chime in a lot during this interview and just wanted to ask one question. He didn't mind at all, from his response.

Remember, her JOB as a second banana is to chime in constantly with laughs, approval, agreement, and sometimes questions.

In this case Howard was at "fault" for not including her or giving her an opportunity to ask him a question. Actually, during this interview Howard did a lot of interrupting and moving on to the next question before the guy had finished his answer.

6. Howard Stork

Howard Stork "Big Nosed and Jewish"

Reputations:
    I am not surprised. She does that pretty much every show.

7. zhukov

zhukov Time traveler Gold

Reputations:
    at 0:53 the expression on her face as she realizes no one is listening to her...priceless

8. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...same as the pic in the bar with robin brendon and ann marie. robin jumped into the pic and had 3rd wheel written all over her face. shes 60 trying to act 30 and relevant. its over robin, youre as lucky as beth cause on your own youd have gone hungry.

9. beaverbucks

beaverbucks New Member

Reputations:
    I'm not a Robin hater either but I was embarrassed for her. I think I remember Sacha being puzzled by some of her comments.

10. Popeye Saavedra

Popeye Saavedra Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Todd Phillips was right. Fuck Robin.

[video=youtube;m597OYIAr8o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m597OYIAr8o[/video]

11. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No one could have helped that interview.

The last half hour was extremely lackluster.
    Bordering on a snoozefest.

The other Cohen(Bravo guy) was a far much livelier and entertaining interview.
    (I even hate the Bravo guys shows and could care less about him)

12. bucketbuddy

bucketbuddy New Member

Reputations:
    i thought it was a great interview, 'cause howard seemed genuinely interested in the guy. but fucking robin - know when there's a deep conversation going on and when to butt out. you'd think she'd get the hint the first couple of times they talked over her

13. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The movie Borat -

Is it pronounced BORE-AT
    or
    BUH-RAT (the way Howard & company say it)?

Last edited: May 11, 2012