Robin is gay!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by skater76, Dec 29, 2013.

1. skater76

skater76 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...outs-lesbian-heartfelt-thank-letter-fans.html

GMA host Robin Roberts reveals she's gay in thank you letter to fans and 'long time girlfriend' for supporting her through cancer

• Roberts, 53, thanked 'long time girlfriend Amber' Laign as well as her fans after a year recovering from a cancer battle
    • Roberts had a bone marrow transplant in September 2012 to treat potentially fatal myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), a type of blood cancer
    • The Good Morning America host signed a lucrative contract renewal with ABC just this month
    By Daily Mail Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 18:23 EST, 29 December 2013 | UPDATED: 19:30 EST, 29 December 2013
    Good Morning America host Robin Roberts publicly acknowledged that she is gay on Sunday for the first time.
    The 53-year-old cancer survivor thanked her girlfriend of ten years as part of a heartfelt end-of-year thank you addressed to fans and loved ones posted to her Facebook.
    'I am grateful for my entire family, my long time girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together,' Roberts wrote.
    Scroll down to read her full letter...

[​IMG] Revealed: Roberts, here on vacation in Hawaii in August 2013, stands with her girlfriend of 10 years Amber Laign (left), a San Francisco-born massage therapist

Amber, reports Media Bistro, is Amber Laign, a message therapists who helps patients recuperate from injuries.
    Roberts' sexuality has been known to her family, friends and co-workers for some time but this is the first time the television personality has spoken of that aspect of her personal life publicly.

In 2012 Roberts was diagnosed with the blood disorder myelodysplastic syndrome and took a medical leave of absence from Good Morning America.
    She returned to the show in February 2013 and won a Peabody Award the same year for Robin's Journey, a series of TV reports that chronicled her battle against MDS.

Five years earlier she had been treated for breast cancer.

[​IMG] Thanks longtime girlfriend: GMA host Robin Roberts, bottom left, came out as a lesbian in a heartfelt thank you letter to friends and loved ones posted to Facebook Sunday

In the mean time, her letter of gratitude appears at a time when Roberts has quite a bit to be thankful for.
    According to the New York Post, the Good Morning America darling inked a new long-term deal with ABC for a reported $10 million and $14 million.
    ABC News released this statement shortly after Roberts' post appeared on Facebook:

'We love Robin and Amber, who we have all known for a long time. We were so touched by her Facebook message today and so thankful for all the loving support she has in her life.'

Roberts is currently writing a memoir about her health struggles and the lessons she learned from them. The book is due to be published in April by Grand Central Publishing, a division of Hachette Book Group.

[​IMG] Good company: Roberts joins her former co-worker, weatherman Sam Champion (center left), who came out as gay in October 2012 and has since married his partner

It remains to be seen whether Roberts will discuss her relationship or sexuality in the book.
    'On this last Sunday of 2013 I encourage you to reflect on what you are grateful for too,' she writes in today's post. 'Wishing you a Healthy and Happy New Year.'
    Roberts joins her former co-worker Sam Champion, the GMA weather anchor, who came out as gay in October 2012 and has since married his then boyfriend.
    [​IMG] 100 days after transplant: Roberts posted this photo of herself reuniting with her beloved dog KJ in 2012 along with her gratitude letter on Facebook

'AT PEACE AND FILLED WITH JOY': ROBERTS' TOUCHING FULL LETTER OF GRATITUDE DOUBLES AS A COMING OUT ON FACEBOOK

Flashback 12/29/12....Hard to believe this was 1 year ago today..when I reached a critical milestone of 100 days post transplant...and KJ was finally allowed to come back home.

Reading this comforts me and I hope the same for you: 'If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.'

At this moment I am at peace and filled with joy and gratitude.

I am grateful to God, my doctors and nurses for my restored good health.

I am grateful for my sister, Sally-Ann, for being my donor and giving me the gift of life.

I am grateful for my entire family, my long time girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together.

I am grateful for the many prayers and well wishes for my recovery. I return every one of them to you 100 fold.

On this last Sunday of 2013 I encourage you to reflect on what you are grateful for too.

Wishing you a Healthy and Happy New Year.

Peace, love, and blessings to all..XO

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  2. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
  3. Marty

Marty New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Is wresting not on ?

4. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    you got me

5. Nantrax

Nantrax Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    WGAS/WGAF? :dontknow:

6. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    good morning America :grad:

7. skater76

skater76 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I didn't even know who this Robin Robbins was until I seen this on the Internet.

8. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    Shit I could of told you this way before she had cancer back when she was the lead broadcaster for the WNBA. Is this really news/a shock to anybody?

9. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Yup.

10. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    What he said...:coffee:

11. sammyr134

sammyr134 Mister Sunshine Banned User

Reputations:
  12. datchguy