Robin is officially a 34 at the moment - 34 1-star reviews on Amazon

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by markluke, Oct 3, 2013.

1. markluke

markluke Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Amazon seems to be deleting comments for the 5-star reviews, so here's a suggestion -

Don't be inflammatory. Ask the reviewer for specifics, like "this seems to be your first and only review on Amazon and you're not a verified purchaser, what did you like so much about this book that caused you to review it". Ask for specific page numbers, recipes, ingredients, etc.

Any sane person (i.e. the unsuspecting public who might actually think this is a good book) will read these comments and realize that it's by a paid reviewer.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  2. Wigward Hairhat

Wigward Hairhat Active Member

Reputations:
    Good idea.

Slightly OT, but I did find it interesting that 8 people total have given it 5 stars, but the last 5 people to give it 5-stars every one of them is a 1st ever review and that their reviews are all pretty pretty much the same token length 2-4 lines.

Regardless of who's behind it, it's definite signs of a 'fightback' imho.

3. markluke

markluke Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Typical shill paid reviews, no doubt the Don Buckwald machine on overdrive. It's unlikely that there will be many 5-star reviews from people with a verified purchase.

4. jackieavenger

jackieavenger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    so funny, the first positive review which comes up

obin Proves Those Dirty Dawgs Wrong AGAIN!!!, October 1, 2013
    By
    Rick

This review is from: The Vegucation of Robin: How Real Food Saved My Life (Hardcover)
    What a terrific offering from The Queen Of All Media!

First off, Robin's heroic battle with cancer is awe inspiring and all true Stern fans are ecstatic that she's ok.

Although I don't agree with her entire viewpoint regarding this diet, she makes some valid points and gives everyone "food" for thought. I've now tried 10 of the recipes and almost every one of them were very good!

When you start reading this book, you won't be able to put it down. It's extremely well written with stories which will make you laugh and cry (especially now after realizing what she's gone through in the past 17 months).

Another fine effort from Robin Ophelia Quivers.

May she live a long, happy life and write more books!!!

We love you Robin!!!

5. BeerCanThick

BeerCanThick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I didn't think my review was going to get through.

Phony Garbage From A Phony Gunt:
    These are recipes not made by Robin or eaten by Robin, evidently. She's a water buffalo!

Furthermore, these 5 Star Reviews are 5 Star B.S. They are paid reviews from people who made
    phony accounts only to review stuff associated with The Howard Stern Show with a 4 or 5 star rating.

Don Buchwald "reputation management" garbage. Shame on all of you lying hacks.