Stern Show Robin on the 1st Bill Maher Politically Incorrect in 93 w/ Seinfeld)

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ARM, Dec 21, 2015.

1. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I remember being in that Stern sycophant stage where I had to catch EVERYTHING every staffer ever did, and this was one of them with Robin. This, I BELIEVE was Maher's first Politcally Incorrect show ever with Seinfeld and Larry Miller on Comedy Central.

2. Mike Fox

Mike Fox Active Member

Reputations:
    Another show Howard endlessly harped on as his idea. He had all these great ideas that he never did anything with. Everybody ripped him off so when he got his big chance to go up against SNL he basically put out a cartoon of his E Show. That was the best the genius could come up with.

3. William Shirtner

William Shirtner Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    SlinkyNeckStern and ARM like this.
  4. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's a great point!! That CBS show Saturday Night debacle doesn't get killed nearly enough. @SomerSky @teehee -- we gotta hit that one and all those projects that either sucked or never came to fruition.

SNL was AWFUL too in that era and was primed to be pummeled by ANYTHING watchable.

Rhiannon, teehee and Fillmore Fingers like this.
  5. SlinkyNeckStern

SlinkyNeckStern High Pitch Mike Lookalike

Reputations:
    The CBS show killed SNL in "every market" according to Howard. NBC must have paid CBS a few hundred million to get it off the air. Under the table negotations always end up screwing The King.

Fillmore Fingers and ARM like this.
  6. Fillmore Fingers

Fillmore Fingers Sandy Vag Banned User

Reputations:
    You guys already sort of did the "Howard invented everything" show but it could stand to be repeated or expanded to the "Wiggy ripoffs" show. When's the starfucker show due? I'd love to be in one that one if there is space at the table.

ARM likes this.
  7. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm thinking about revised and expanded version of that going deep into shit like CBS Saturday Night and Son of the Beach etc.

I'm gonna go back and listen to that one to see what direction we took that and what was ignored or glossed over.

Fillmore Fingers likes this.
  8. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    had to do it

one of the best Seinfeld guest appearances ever...

ARM likes this.
  9. Danas Boyfrien

Danas Boyfrien Trump's African American Gold

Reputations:
    In less than 25 years we've gone from discussions about motorcycle helmet laws to parents having their kids taken away from them because they let their 8yo play alone in the park across the street from their house.

ARM and kingofallmessicans like this.
  10. TheHighHat

TheHighHat Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    His "I invented everything!" schtick would be a little more believable if his resume had more than "Private Parts" and "Son of the Beach!" on it.

The only thing he invented was adding a homeless/hooker/retard/stripper element to established game shows. Howard stole more from Mark Goodson and Bill Todman and MAD Magazine than anybody stole from Howard.

Rhiannon, ARM and kingofallmessicans like this.
  11. Rabid Dogman

Rabid Dogman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is the slippery slope people used to talk about.

12. Phantom Lord

Phantom Lord Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Nice job as usual ARM. I hadn't seen this one but it didn't surprise me. I did notice that the Bill Maher of 2015 would hate himself back in 1993. That guy seemed level headed back in 1993. Everything he said the current Bill would bash incessantly.

It was nice to see Robin force her opinion in the first segment while everyone disagreed with her. After that, she doesn't interject for the rest of the show. It was like she was put in her place and she didn't want to say something that made her feel stupid.

What is interesting is this was 1993. The Stern Show was on Channel 9 but Private Parts hadn't come out yet. He was big, but in terms of a national perspective Robin wasn't that well known. If you watch this video look at her confidence and demeanor.

She was a 34 back before 94.

ARM likes this.