Robins book tour : the strategy

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Beth143nacho, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    So, I listened to the show of the day where robin discusses her cancer... (See below, starting about 01:15:00)

[video=youtube_share;VEMVYeigJ1s]http://youtu.be/VEMVYeigJ1s[/video]

it had dawned on me a while back that they're doing this to spur sales for her book, but not until a day ago as to exactly how they're gping to do it... So let's figure out what we know so far.

first, lets determine the risk factors. Things that could hurt her book sales are her unaddressed absence and an illness. Once she admitted that she had been a virtual (and almost real) ghost for the past 15 months because of a life-threatening illness, it called into question the foundation of her books premise: that real food saved her life. Hard to claim that your life was saved when you're just emerging from over a year on the brink of death...

ok, so how? If your job was to be the pr person on this... How do you fix this? Easy: turn conflict into asset. Howard tried to sell the following:

1. That robin is completely curred of metastecized uterine cancer
    2. That she worked every day, through her treatment
    3. That radiation had no negative effect on her health
    4. That the doctors finally saw a response when her chemo regiment caused baldness

Consider that, for these to be true, it would have to be an extremely rare case. It's not remotely common to:

1. Go from end-stage cancer to "cured beyond remission" in a mere 15 months
    2. There to be something calle "cured beyond remission" instead of being in remission, with required periodic check ups...

Also, the impacts on her health by the radiation and chemo are indeterminate thanks to the shields of a. The radio silence associated with her absence and b. doctor-patient priveledge... Not to mention that the show schedule has enough holes in it to allow her to do the show. even with this obfuscation, you can still see the holes in her story.

First, she did her show is isdn. Howard conveniently "addressed" this by glossing over it. If she was as symptom free as he says, she'd be in te office.

second, the lack of robins image is "loud silence". Her dialogue is visually displayed as a still photo. This photo, and all promo photos are from years ago... Not only before the cancer break, but before her diet.

im going to go a little further and say that the isdn was something that Howard forced upon robin... That she wanted to fight her battle in peace, but Howard did not want to (and probably couldn't) do the show without her. With robin out, Howard would be off te air... AAnd Beth ain't hanging around Howard if he ain't giving her airtime. I say this because robin overdoes the "thank you Howard" part of that segment...

so, how do you sell a book based on a miracle diet when your author is dying? Claim that her diet causes rare benefits (like making you healthy enough to fight cancer with zero effects, and to do so more successfully than anyone in human history)..

i find it insulting that not only does she do this, but she also tries to bury her hipocracy about western medicine by immediately propping up her scam voodoo as a key factor in making her western medicine work.

All to sell a book.

2. Judy Garland

Judy Garland New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    If she pulls this bullshit where she downplays traditional medicine and ITS INDISPUTABLE ROLE IN SAVING HER WORTHLESS LIFE and talks up a bunch of b.s. about green drinks, I will find a way to publicly troll her.

Don't take phone calls on the air during promotion, Robin because there will be many of us ready to expose your utter bullshit.

3. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Strategy: try not to die during talk show appearance.

4. ShutupMoron

ShutupMoron Unknown Member VIP

Reputations:
  5. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    you nailed it with

The lack of robins image is "loud silence". Her dialogue is visually displayed as a still photo. This photo, and all promo photos are from years ago... Not only before the cancer break, but before her diet.

yeah the timing of this is to sell books before Howard leaves the air. She most have looked bad if Howard was making funeral arrangements and worried about her quality of life. I find it deplorable that she is not talking honestly about her health before and whether she did not have routine exams. Sure its personal but she has a bully pulpit. I cant believe a grapefruit size tumor couldnt have been detected prior to being baseball size. And its not like she couldnt afford preventive exams. so her message is my diet willhelp you survive letting cancer run amok if your connected and rich. Not get yearly preventive exams or make them avail at low costs.

6. ShutupMoron

Reputations:
    She did have symptoms for years and treated them with worthless colonics, organic coffee enemas, ayahuasca detox purges in Peru, shaman hokus pokus treatments in Peru, Dr. Quack-A-Roni 21 day green drink detox and inappropriate EECP treatments used to treat angina/heart failure in CA. The only reason she finally sought conventional and appropriate western medicine treatment was her life threatening bladder obstruction last May.

7. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Wiggy trained all of us to detect bullshit, and we do, on a regular basis. The book is already a tax write-off for the company. They're not going to spend money promoting this piece of shit. Ostensibly some retarded publisher thought they could make a mint marketing the book in conjunction with her "weight loss", and the cancer torpedoed that.

It would be the equivalent of Richard Simmons writing a tome on how to pick up girls.

8. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Even that isn't entirely true. She went to the hospital because she couldn't piss. If she was able to piss, she probably would have just let it go and died of cancer.

9. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    So did "Dr.Roni" consult on Miserable Cunt's abdominal surgery? I thought she was the guru with all the answers.

10. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;tJxhZf0vIp8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJxhZf0vIp8[/video]

Will Robin discuss her thoughts on the doctors she believes heal people and recommend stuff like this?? :backlol:

FUCKING COOKIES AND SPRINKLES IN WRAPPING PAPER!!!! Haaaaaa!

11. ShutupMoron

Reputations:
    Bladder/UT obstruction > can't piss > die

12. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    EDIT: :ninja:

13. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    If you wanted to derail the entire book promotion, just get a 20 second video of robin in her current condition.

14. jeffy3

jeffy3 Member

Reputations:
    Assuming all of this is true, it's so silly. Does she need the money from this book so bad to go through all this trouble, planning, and spin? How much money can you possibly make from a book nowadays anyway?

15. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    THIS.

My mom had a UT infection/obstruction that "wouldn't go away." They screened her for cancer, and sure enough, she was diagnosed with bladder cancer. She was gone within about 3-4 months of that diagnosis.

I remember reading brochures that the hospital sent her home with (before she went in for the last time), and everything in there was pretty gloomy, "quality of life" type crap. My old girlfriend, who was a nurse, told me at the time that bladder cancer had a VERY high mortality rate (and she was right).

I stopped listening to The Show, so I didn't hear Robin finally come "clean," but I take it that she is NOT back in the studio.

Personally, I think she's 100% full of shit and is not "cancer free," especially not due to her eating a bunch of fucking vegetables.

If she had surgery and can beat cancer, that's great for her, it really is. I just don't see how it's possible if the cancer metastasized.

The cynic in me agrees with the OP that this is all just some sort of stunt for Robin to cash in before she, literally, cashes out.

16. joyceface

joyceface Queen of Everything VIP

Reputations:
    I actually think that she intends to come back looking really good. So her hair has grown back and she must be incredibly thin from her illness. She's gonna have an amazing reveal when she shows herself again.

BTW, some tumors can grow quite large and still go undetected. She was experiencing health issues as evidenced by her saying they put her steroids for something, and her chronic fatigue. Maybe if she hadn't abandoned medical science for fact finding she might have found this sooner. She's still hanging on to her retarded views about enemas and ayauasca though despite all the help that she has gotten from modern medicine.

17. Howards Wig

Howards Wig Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is the best evidence of her being bat shit crazy. Getting felt up by some guy in a ditch by the side of the road to heal her.

For her to go from being a trained nurse to this shows how fucked in the head she must be. I think knowing she has all that money and she is still alone and miserable has done a real number on her.

18. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Right. I'm just saying if it wasn't blocked, she probably never would have had it looked at.

19. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    some of the recipes in her book made me throw up a little in my mouth. so, she's going to say that her vegan diet helped her to recover faster than what?
    celebrity written diet and recipe books make me furious and robin's is no exception. it's ridiculous for her to say she's "cured"...if anything she's in remission (i'd also like to see how she looks now and when she'll begin her publicity (or i should say bullshit) blitz.

i hope no one buys this con job but fuckwald and howard seem adept at generating buzz and might pull this off, but i doubt it.
    we'll see. we still have the ability to "review" her book at amazon and barnes&noble.

20. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:

I still can't believe she did all this.
    Ya know what...Thank god for Robin! She's fucking crazy!
    She may be self absorbed cunt, but she does make the show interesting. She's ALWAYS got just the wackiest shit going on in her life.