Roger Goodell Considering Allowing Medical Marijuana for Players w/ Concussions

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by fland, Jan 24, 2014.

1. fland

fland Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  2. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    they'll become dope fiends

3. Gusbuss

Gusbuss VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Hopefully the whole US will be legal within the next 5 years.

4. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    This just in- NFL Players Association has just approved playing without a helmet...

5. Anfkid

Anfkid Blue Banner Mafia Staff Member

Reputations:
    do people really need fucking pot to feel better? never heard of ben gay or epsom salt? i think people just wanna get high for the most part. i know some people who are SEVERELY SEVERELY ill, you try anything like sam or other terminal patients. but common. the legal pot sales in this country are stupid. if you're gonna apply for a medical card at least need the shit. migraines. please. nerves? suck it up pussy. :rolleye:

6. sstressed

Reputations:
    if pot helps someone get a full nights sleep and sleeping pills fucks them up, why shouldn't they be able to smoke pot?
    It's a health issue.
    and you get a nice buzz.

pot may not relive pain in many, but it often takes their minds off the pain without them using heavy scripts.

I don't see a downside here.

7. Anfkid

Reputations:
    most people don't use water vapor systems to get the pot in them and they are inhaling tons of SMOKE! 1 joint = 20 cigarettes. any wonder why the cancer rate in the country is so high? you wanna smoke weed? god bless. just don't drive a bus a car or an airplane right after.and think of your health. you wanna debate forever it is or isnt a gateway drug or could damage brain cells? put that all aside and you are still hurting your lungs. if lung cancer COPD and emphasyma is sometihng you think that's nothing to worry about, keep on keepin on.

8. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Narcotics stop working, pot doesn't. I've been on every narc there is and every single one lost it effect after a few months use and needed to be upped in dose or upgraded to a stronger version. Took me months to work my way off of them to avoid the withdrawals once I saw there was no upside to being on them any longer. Pot certainly takes the same edge off that a barely effective narc does with minimal withdrawals if you happen to run out.

9. sstressed

Reputations:
    so your beef is that adults are hurting themselves by making a choice and smoking pot?

huh.

I was a respiratory therapist. I'm well aware of the risks and wasn't bothered by them. go figure. :)

10. Anfkid

Reputations:
    it's a choice yes. i just wish people would be more responsible and not be so laissez faire with their health. life isn't a video game. you don't get 3 lives or another quarter. coming from a sick person i see how precious life is. i just get mad when i see people wasting their gift.

if you're in constant pain i really have no issue with anyone doing anything to feel better. do what you gotta do. but if you're just a recreational smoker, be as responsible as you can. jeez i figured the superman complex where we all feel invincible died off when we were 21.

11. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    Personally I don't give a rat's ass if someone wants to bake themselves silly, as long as I don't have to be around them. Unfortunately, too often, I have to be, because they get baked and then go out. Ever try having a drink at the local pub when some baked dude decides to roll in and sit next to you at the bar? They either talk complete nonsense, or they won't stop giving you their "deep" thoughts on life.

Need weed to make you feel better because you're sick? Go ahead. Just stay home.

Also, there's never any point in trying to discuss this stuff with pot users, Anf. They always have the same argument. They'll ask if you drink alcohol, and if you say yes, they'll pull out all their statistics on how more people die from alcohol, and alcohol does more damage than pot, etc etc. Potheads love statistics.

That's why I say, let them smoke their weed. I'll drink my booze. Everyone is happy in the end.

12. Anfkid

Reputations:
    :dontknow::hat:

13. Gusbuss

Gusbuss VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

Have never taken care of one person in the hospital for weed. Have watched hundreds die and thousands sick from alcohol.

14. Anfkid

Reputations:
    never seen anyone in the hospital for throat or lung cancer?

15. Gusbuss

Gusbuss VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Not from pot. Always cigarettes, maybe they don't admit it.