Romney Rolling Stone magazine article that Wigsy referenced today

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by zhukov, Sep 17, 2012.

1. zhukov

zhukov Time traveler Gold

Reputations:
  2. zhukov

Reputations:
  3. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Is it a PRO-Romnet article? No
    But it doesn't seem misleading or non factual.
    :dontknow:

4. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  5. zhukov

Reputations:
    I believe the second article fairly addresses the inaccurate sections of the article.

But Wigsy bought it hook, line, and sinker.

6. zhukov

Reputations:
    Not my candidate. Just commenting on Wigsy's rant about private equity, as if he understands how it works.

7. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    Just to clarify, did Howard happen to also complain about when Obama shut down a good portion of Manhattan a couple months back, while he showed up at the other major Private Equity owners party to pick up millions in campaign donations? I remember at the time, he complained about the traffic that paralyzed most of the city, but nothing else?? I wonder why?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...s-private-equity-cash-at-new-york-fundraiser/

Bain Capital Gives Millions To Democrats

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/13/bain-capital-donations-democrats_n_1881655.html

8. Mr Doodle

Mr Doodle Active Member

Reputations:
    lol Im not so sure linking the most devastating article against Romney here will help your cause, I see a lot of Romney supporters linking it around the internet to say something like "look at this shabby Romney hit piece" but then most the people who end up reading it just end up with the impression "wow Romney is a douche!" Yea the article leans to the left as it's an opinion piece but it doesn't negate the facts it presents.

9. zhukov

Reputations:
    It's not all factual. In fact it is mostly distortion. If what he said was the full truth this would be all over FOX, CNN, NBC, etc. Why haven't you heard about it? Cuz yellow journalism won't get picked up by the mainstream media.

Read the second article for a more neutral view of private equity companies. I'm not saying they are all angels, but they're hardly the devils Taibbi makes them out to be.

And I have no cause, no iron in the fire. Just don't care for Wigsy's b.s. That is all.

10. zhukov

Reputations:
    He only complains when he's inconvenienced. Also, Wall Street gives money to both parties. To cover all bases.

11. mape

mape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Unless fuck head Hampton's Howie is willing to give say 70% of his income to support all the things he rants about...gay marriage, planned parenthood, occupy wallstreet, the poor, etc. then he should really shut the fuck up. He definatley has money in off shore investments also. He worked seven days the past two months at Sirius, took a second job to massage his ego and make more money and basically said a big fuck you to the people who bought Sirius. If that is not enough he spends his time and money trying to satisfy his psycho wifes need for fame and attention. Had a failed marriage and it appears not much of a relationship with his kids, has used drugs, admittedly committed adultry, demeans and publicly humiliates the people that work for him, wished death and cancer on many in the past, has denegrated homosexuals and blacks in the past(oh yeah that was for laughs)...we could go on and on. Fuck Howard!!

12. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    I'm willing to bet my left nut that Stern has invested in gold, silver and other currencies. Stern is a hypocrite and a liar.

13. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

14. nicksgt

nicksgt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If he got called on this it would be just like the sec inquiry and the buchwald / Tom cotter thing..." how was I supposed to know ...Edward jones is a big company I have no control over where they put all my money robin am I really supposed to spend all day tracking that?"

15. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...id say that would be a pretty soild bet to make. i want in on that too.

16. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    the RS is known for it's unbiased politics :scratch:

17. dawg

Reputations:
    We all do. Howard wants us to believe he has total faith in government and our economy and believes the dollar will never collapse. Hes so full of shit it;s not even funny anymore.

18. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...yeah hes been well advised on money managment i sure he has quite a bit of money in gold and silver. front page of msn tonight, some old man in carson city nevada dead in his house for a month. when cops arrived they found 7m in gold in his garage in a non descript residential neighborhood.

19. dawg

Reputations:
    nothing wrong with it either. the problem is that he lies. If he would tell the truth then we would have more respect for him.

20. R.P. McMurphy

Reputations:
    ...as longtime fanS we all reacted to the same things that cause us to lose respect for him. (ill piss all over my fans, no more breast exams etc) little by little howard lost his ability to keep it all contained. the internet exposes people like that these days, it was only a matter of time until the many years long lies would become apparent. hes an interesting bio im still staying tuned hoping to see the final smoke trailed crash and burn.

"stamos compared me to rickles" self serving dick. is that gonna be the new joseph gobbles lie, "im the new rickles" hes far from it.