RS Howard Stern Blasts Roger Waters Over Israel Boycott

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Limo Wreck, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Howard Stern shared strong words for former Pink Floyd member Roger Waters on a recent broadcast of his show, blasting the singer-songwriter Tuesday over his stance on Israel.

For years, the singer-songwriter has supported the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement, supporting Palestine and urging his rock-star peers not to perform in Israel. "What is with Roger Waters and the Jews?" Stern said in a seven-minute rant on his show, via The Washington Free Beacon. "Why does Roger Waters live in America, a country that was founded on white people coming in and obliterating the native population? How does he stand it? Why don't we just all leave?"

Most recently, Waters published an open letter to Bon Jovi, saying that the singer was "shoulder to shoulder with the settler who burned the baby." The statement irked Stern, who went on to describe how he sees Israel and its place in the Middle East.

"Where's the one place they can stick Jews where no one will be offended? Because the Jews are getting killed all over the world," Stern said. "Give them a little homeland on a desert where there's no water, where essentially no one could live. And no one did live there despite the bullshit. And the Palestinians are these Arabs that could live in Egypt, that could live in Saudi Arabia, but guess what? Those countries don't want them either. So they have a country, and Israel has a tiny little country and it bugs the shit out of Roger Waters."

Stern went on to say that he knows Waters and that the singer-songwriter had recently gone up to him and said, "Thanks a lot," in a sarcastic tone. "I guess he's offended by me pointing this out," the radio host said. "Why can't I talk? Why can't I tell you I think you're full of shit, and it seems like you're a little too consumed with it?"

A representative for Waters declined to comment.

In August, Waters told Israeli newspaper Haaretz that it's not Israel he hates, but what he considers apartheid there. "People are always saying, 'BDS is trying to delegitimize Israel,'" he said. "No, it's not. It's trying to stop the oppression of the Palestinian, Bedouin and other Arab peoples of the region you are oppressing. It's trying to stop you oppressing your fellow human beings. It's not trying to delegitimize Israel."

KingSchmaltz and Joe Bauers like this.
  2. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Maybe Howard should concentrate on building the stupid Bianca "addition" and worry less about what age in rock stars have to say about crap over the middle ... just a thought

3. MorningSong13

MorningSong13 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I'm with Roger Waters. Bon Jovi should not play Israel. Or anywhere, for that matter.

EndOfLine, Jenjim2021, h78 and 32 others like this.
  4. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Yeah but why did Stern lick his balls for an hour knowing that Waters hates Israel when he was in studio on the show?
    Roger has been overtly anti Israel for years!

PTRacing, slab0meat, h78 and 24 others like this.
  5. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Howard doesn't know dick about dick. Well, actually, he does know about dick. But anyway, all Howard hears is Jews and that's it, he's off spouting his bullshit he pulls directly from his ass. Any info on the subject he does have in his narrow little mind was fed to him by his lunatic daughter.

kinneyjames, h78, ARM and 15 others like this.
  6. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    Howard loves not to know.

7. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    Um, 0.0 show prep?

8. Chibbs

Chibbs Well-Known Member

Reputations:

There is no such thing as a 'Palestinian'.
    Arabs in Israel are treated better than Arabs in any other Arab country.
    Water is just a really poor excuse for a human being.

9. blindbella

blindbella Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Roger probably didn't invite him and beef to a Hamptons party and now he's mad at him.

10. Snort

Snort Something witty Gold

Reputations:
    Because whoever did the prep that day didn't tell Howard about it.

11. joemama

joemama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I agree 100% with Howard on this one

Roger can't get along with Pink Floyd, his wife but is so worried about Jews in Israel. Fuck that asshole

Getoninja, larryluncg, reno and 10 others like this.
  12. Wainegro

Wainegro Well-Known Member

Reputations:

13. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i loathe to agree with the wig but thats a fair point.

absolute bullshit, first of all bedouins arent oppressed they are full citizens with the same rights as any jews and they even serve in the army despite that they arent obligated to do so. i guess in progressive crazy land they would be better off under ISIS or the taliban or the monarchy of jordan, saudi, qatar..etc...

second of all BDS stated goal is the destruction of israel and the creation of a muslim controlled state in the land it currently occupies. the founder has said it many times and never equivocates about these things, many other leaders of BDS have said the same thing.

look if thats what you believe , great, but its total bs to claim you support BDS and a two-state solution its mutually exclusive.

14. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    bds is a joke, and all arab nations are oppressive shit holes run by crazy ppl but yeah israel is the problem sure

15. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Love Howards Hat. Jackie should take a shit in it like he did the Stanley Cup.

codeine and ScottBaiosPenis like this.
  16. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I didn't say it was. I didn't say Roger was right, I said Howard never knows what he's talking about. He doesn't ever gather a real opinion through research. He just spouts off from his ass or what he heard someone else say. He loves to talk as an authority, but he's never informed. He's just an empty loudmouth. Howard is a supporter of Israel like Beth is an animal activist.

17. Rockside7

Rockside7 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I don't care what anyone thinks, I still like Pink Floyd.

18. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    Fuck Howard and his zionist love. Fuck the rest of the jews for spawning such a fucking asshole.

ARM, BooScaredU, KDK12 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Ba Ba Boolio

Ba Ba Boolio VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I do too, but Stern is more on the right side than Waters on this subject imho...

Snort likes this.
  20. Ba Ba Boolio

Ba Ba Boolio VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    And fuck anyone who hates Jews just for being Jewish...