Entertainment Rysher Entertainment's Private Parts (with an open mind)

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by UpInSmoke123, Jul 28, 2016.

1. UpInSmoke123

UpInSmoke123 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I haven't watched this in well over a decade, but I remember legitimately enjoying it. I'm gonna give it a shot and jot down my thoughts to see if I notice anything interesting.

-Gary is listed above Jackie in the credits. I'm sure that Nancy had an opinion about that.

-Fartman is not and was never funny. Stamos filling in for Luke Perry is funny. What if Luke Perry fucked Beth in a different universe?

-Ben and Ray are immediately portrayed as shitheads to make little Howard sympathetic.

-They're really just going all in with the "fucks". This movie might have set back mainstream R-Rated comedies up until The Hangover.

-black cock made it in into the first 10 minutes.

-Nobody smokes pot in their childhood bedroom without it being immediately noticeable. This scene is bullshit.

-Ben sending Howard to college at BU and paying for it is played off as nothing. I have to imagine this was not inexspensive.

-Howard's wig at college is atrocious. The blind girl feeling his face scene is unfortunate.

-*record scratch* OOOOH HOOO HOO HOoooo! WooooooooO!

-Moviewife Mary looks damn good.

-first Bababooey segment. This whole series of interludes/cameos is awkward and shoehorned. I guess they couldn't cut them out because then there wouldn't be a single thing in the movie for fans of the radio show. Gary is wearing some Z Cavaricci ass trousers.

-Gabba Gabba Wee Gabba Gabba Hay! *airdrums*

-Hey, one guy has a yarmulke at Howard's 5 second wedding. First (and probably last) acknowledgement of Judaism.

-Howard has to fire someone as a program director and it hurts him so much he has to vomit in the toilet. I wonder if this is how he reacted when the news team and HTV folks and Jackie and Billy and Grillo and Artie got fired.

-Why isn't Gilbert in this movie? It's a clear fuck-you to Gilbert.

-RIP Crackhead Bob and Nicole Bass (I assume).

-Fred shines immediately. This movie is a love letter to Fred as much as Allison.

-Allison's counseling work with the mentally ill is played for cheap "frank and beans!" style retard jokes over and over again. She renewed her license and started practicing again shortly after the movie came out. Imagine seeing your career trivialized like this by your husband. Lazy writing, or passive aggressive Howie horseshit?

-God damn, Mary is ridiculous sexy.

-The whole fake plot where Howard gets his underwear wet etc. is pointless and just kind of highlights how devoid Howard's life is of interesting events.

-"I guess she forgot to close the door" Fred is great. I can't hate on the Norris.

-"Let me get away with this, and I'll never stray from Allison again. Ever!".

OK, I'm half an hour in. The movie isn't objectively bad yet, but knowing the reality as well as we do now, the self-serving shit is laid on pretty thick. Everybody who isn't Howard is either a.) an asshole who wants Howard to fail, or b.) Allison and Fred (who are saintly retards)

Up next: OFF TO DETROIT!

2. UpInSmoke123

Reputations:
    -"Are these yours? Theyr'e wet. " We're in a restaurant here, bitch. You have wet underpants on the table in a plastic bag at a restaurant? What the fuck is wrong with you?

-Mamalookaboobooday is not funny, but Howard had to acknowledge his racial humor in some way, and I'm sure this was deemed the least offensive by a group of executives. It lasts for 4 seconds.

- Man... how good is the period music all through this movie?

Makes the whole 90s alternative soundtrack with the gold CD that never was found seem really, really extraneous.

-Your chicken got runned over, faggot!

- Mary is back. Thank God. Let's have some retard Frisbee humor! Mental illness, y'all!

-On a personal note, I recently found this on vinyl at a yardsale and it made my day.
    I assume Howard was fired instead of quitting Detroit.

-Robin is soooooo bad. And ugly. She should have been re-cast like Allison. God, I wish Fred or Pig Vomit would show up. This stretch of the movie is TERRIBLE.

-Vietnam Gook humor.

- It's a fucking shame and a crime that Mary talked her way out of showing us the tits during the 'baby making time!" scene.

-Jenna Jameson is a easily a better actor than Robin.

-Fred is back. This is a positive.

And I'm bored. Tapping out. Sorry for the shit thread. Love you guys.

3. Phil McKrakin

Phil McKrakin AKA Howie POTY The Bar VIP

Reputations:
    It was all about Allison, you idiot.

4. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I saw it with my wife when it came out. She liked it. I was a little disappointed. I was expecting something like Animal House, it was more like a chick flick.

5. bootyclause

bootyclause Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is one of my Howie pet peeves - the "hard working, tough background" theme. He was a middle class kid, went to college to goof off, was really talented in radio and found success almost instantly. Nothing wrong with that at all. He pretends to have worked his way up from poverty over the course of decades. That's bogus.

Maybe that's how he stays "thin" ( Even him using the word "thin" is kind of gay). He fires people as a form of bulemia.

6. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    I like that movie

UpInSmoke123 likes this.
  7. UpInSmoke123

Reputations:
    OK, I'm back. The miscarriage scene pulled me back in.

8. the G-man

the G-man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In hindsight this was the beginning of Howards attempts to become evolved Stern

ALevy, MobyDick and EddieD like this.
  9. AcquiringSignal

AcquiringSignal Girthy VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Private Parts II

[​IMG]

10. JerseySlim

JerseySlim Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The only thing worse than the movie are your bullet points

Gaylord Focker likes this.
  11. UpInSmoke123

Reputations:
    Hey. Fuck you, buddy.

12. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  13. jokeland

jokeland Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I enjoyed the movie enough. It was disappointing that it wasn't great, but it was not bad.

Fred did seem like a natural actor. Robin seemed like she is the one who put the most into her acting but seemed the most unnatural...like The Brady Bunch preparing for their soap commercial

UpInSmoke123 likes this.
  14. misslady85

misslady85 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    These always make me laugh.

15. Lster

Lster Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I'm pretty surprised the move didn't at least reference Fat Howard (the pictures are in Crucified By The FCC.

I think he claims at one point he weighed 256, which is a lot of a lanky frame like his.

UpInSmoke123 likes this.
  16. Franklintown1

Franklintown1 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard went to a private liberal arts college that daddy paid for. Ben also bought him a car as an adult. Howard and family went to Europe as a kid for vacations. He was never struggling.

lestanyonethink and UpInSmoke123 like this.
  17. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:

[​IMG]

UpInSmoke123 likes this.
  18. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:

[​IMG]

Gusbuss and UpInSmoke123 like this.
  19. misslady85

misslady85 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This may be my favorite.

20. the G-man

the G-man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fred was/is a good actor. I suspect the rumors of Stern putting the kibosh on somebody's outside work are about Howard keeping Fred from doing more movies. And I think that's why you can sense the deep-seated resentment from Fred toward Howard these days

UpInSmoke123 likes this.