Sal and Richard

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by cah155, May 15, 2013.

1. cah155

cah155 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Do these two not realize the fake tradio-public access prank calls stopped being fun or funny years ago? This one trick pony died awhile back. Come up with something new.

2. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]wanna buy a scooter?

3. hollywoodrose

hollywoodrose Member VIP

Reputations:
    Akubay Mubwangee

My favorites were calls to the "talkin yankees" guy - did they cause him to quit his own show, or did he catch on and figure out how to avoid them?

4. mike25

mike25 Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    that is not all they do, that's just what howard tells the audience. (they write bits, prepare bits, and write jokes for the news/monologue)
    it is howard that wants the phoney phone calls, just like it is howard that use to encourage sal and richard to get naked and do gay stunts. howard then pretends he has nothing to do with it and makes them flounder. i always felt bad for how they are represented on the show. i've notice that the fans consider richard & sal hacks, but i remember a time when everyone thought they were the best thing on the show.

watch sal in wins johns job before gary and howard stepped on sal's throat and broke his psyche. the boys have talent, it is up to howard to make good use of it.

[video=youtube;2saddsIpCeQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2saddsIpCeQ[/video]

[video=youtube;SY0K9MqXNrY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY0K9MqXNrY[/video]

[video=youtube;imE1Yxa7bUA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imE1Yxa7bUA[/video]

5. The Booey

The Booey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Agreed. But how do you know what kind of budget Howard has them on? Sounds to me like Howard gives them about a hundred dollars a week. All they can do with that is make phony phone calls.

6. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    With the quality of the show these days, I think it is Sal and Richard who ask Howard not to out them for writing the absolute crap that is broadcasted on Howard 100 these days. It is better for them to take credit for stale Tradeio calls than things like AGT 101.

7. markluke

markluke Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This one was funny, mostly because Sal and Richard can't tell the difference between

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

8. Big Bird

Big Bird New Member

Reputations:
    They are stuck in the Tradio vortex.:tzone: How about some man on the street stuff, that's always funny.

9. icypussy

icypussy clit finder Gold

Reputations:
    I think howard has put a stop to anything funny or original on the show, artie leaving was the beginning and the lawsuit was the end.

10. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    When I first started working in Catv I was in the local access studio as the engineer. We had a huge system so we did 40 hours of living programming a week. One of the morning shows was called The Trading Post. No one ever pranked us but the regulars that called in were way funnier than the calls they fake.

11. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    phone calls are one of the funniest parts left of the show.

12. Guts83

Guts83 Active Member

Reputations:
    Richard and Sal can be very funny, but only as funny as Howeave will allow. Can't have anyone be funnier than Howeave, can we?

13. jackieavenger

jackieavenger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The tradio calls are really over but i still enjoy when they mess around with the public access shows. The people who host those shows take them so seriously and I bet only about 60 people in new york actually watch any of it. It's the one bit of theirs that always get consistent laughter from me.

[video=youtube;yDLT5gHe8pY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDLT5gHe8pY[/video]

my favorite

[video=youtube;VY_oQxI_eJE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY_oQxI_eJE[/video]

14. Petersauce

Petersauce Member

Reputations:
    Sal could have been the next Jackie, kicked up a notch. Howard put the scissors to Sal's balls rather quickly.

15. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I haven't heard a new one in a long time, if you're talking about the old ones they keep repeating going in and out of commercials, there are online sources for getting an mp3 of the show with all that bullshit already removed. Allegedly™