Sal's Friend - LI Medium in Trouble

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by jyanks, Jun 6, 2014.

1. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I apologize if this has been posted already.
    http://www.inquisitr.com/1283628/theresa-caputo-the-long-island-medium-investigated-for-fraud/
    Theresa Caputo, better known as the Long Island Medium, is at the center of a fraud investigation after several people complained that Caputo’s psychic abilities are just a hoax. According to Radar Online, former audience members and viewers believe that the Long Island Medium isn’t who she claims to be.

The creator of fraud website SciFake.com, Ron Tebo, said:
    “Theresa is like a vulture preying on the most vulnerable. I think it’s despicable. She schmoozes with the audience, and wins them over with her big hair, designer shoes and comedy. When they trust her, she goes in for the kill. She’ll ask the group a question like, ‘Who lost an older male relative to heart problems?’ It’s the oldest trick in the medium’s book.â€
    This isn’t the first time that people have doubted the “talents†of the Long Island Medium, but if she has been fraudulent in her activities, she will have herself in quite the hole (and chances are, she didn’t see that coming). While some people still enjoy Caputo and love what she does — giving hope, essentially — others are no longer buying into her “gimmick†and say that they will no longer watch her show.
    A former fan explained:
    “I was a Theresa Caputo believer and watched every one of her shows. My young daughter died this summer and I needed to believe in something. After tonight, I am no longer a believer. There were many grieving people there, hoping for closure, or a sign from their loved ones and 2,490 people left defeated and deflated.â€
    Theresa Caputo is still moving forward despite these not-so-new claims, however. Although her whole gig could soon come to an end, the Long Island Medium isn’t canceling any appearances or slowing down in the least. According to Huffington Post, Caputo recently spoke about how she told her husband about her “gift.†Perhaps this makes her seem more “human.â€
    “So when I told him, you know, I can speak to dead people, he saw that I was physically and emotionally getting better. So he’s like, ‘you know what hon, if you think talking to dead people makes you feel better, you keep going right ahead, because it’s making my life a hell of a lot easier.’â€
    Caputo said that even she was skeptical at first, but after going through the motions with a few people, she couldn’t deny it. She says that witnessing it firsthand makes a big difference in what you think it real and what you know is real. The problem is that some people who have witnessed it in person are beginning to pick up on signs that it may not be real at all.
    Psychic Sylvia Browne (who died in Nov. 2013 according to The Inquisitr) faced similar criticism — it’s really just part of the job, right?
    What do you think, is Theresa Caputo a phony?

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1283628/th...m-investigated-for-fraud/#hKpxjArYOJsqTZTA.99

2. DrivenByDemons

DrivenByDemons Spinoff Jesus Staff Member

Reputations:
    People who think this shit is real should be the ones locked up. Fucking morons.

3. DrivenByDemons

DrivenByDemons Spinoff Jesus Staff Member

Reputations:
    Oh yea, tldr

4. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    They are all phonies. I hurt for these morons that believe this shit and get lit up to the tune of thousands of dollars by these charlatans.

5. AuntDolly

AuntDolly Musculature Gold

Reputations:
    I think there are people who have psychic abilities, but they typically don't need media attention. Sylvia Browne was a complete huckster; I don't know enough about Theresa Caputo to make a judgment but tend to believe the same.

A couple of times I saw this old Wiccan woman who gave readings; she died a couple of years ago but her Wiccan store she opened in the 70s is still operating. There's literally jars of different shit against the walls for making spells. Anyway, she was really scary but told me things I'd never told anyone. I wasn't trying to contact any dead relatives, though.

6. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Money should naturally flow from the stupid so they hopefully don't have as many children. It's nature's way.

7. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Only pet psychics are real :grad: right Robin ?

8. daphnejoanes

daphnejoanes Vodka Swilling Cat VIP

Reputations:
    TLDR. But if she did something stupid and hurt someone than fuck her. She's full of shit and duping people in pain over a lost. Sal is ass to be into it

9. Anfkid

Anfkid Blue Banner Mafia Staff Member

Reputations:
    I predict ryan lever will die of scabies.

$3000 please.