Shop Now At Amazon

Sal's Insane love for KISS

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Double Blizz, Dec 25, 2012.

1. Double Blizz

Double Blizz New Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    It's a long read guys and gals but it's worth it. You could goto TSG and see it but we should all have a chuckle together.:D
    Courtesy of TSG:
    [h=2]Sal's MTV Music Awards Review[/h]From: S GovernaleOk, so I got there at 7:00. There was about 50 people there. Security was tight and they told us that they would let us know when we could enter. The forum was designed to hold only 400 people. At 7:30 while hanging outside on the street I hear rnr all nite kick on and low and behold its KISS without makeup doing a soundcheck! Awesome! I notice a guy whose videotaping the whole thing (which I will be getting next week). They do the song 4 times and Gene and Paul are wearing baseball caps, Ace and Peter dressed in jeans and tees and after the fourth time Paul shouts "Thank you Goodnight"...uh I think thats going a bit to far and it made me realize just how canned he is when he plays for us.
    So.. 9:30 rolls around and we are allowed in. We stand in front of the stage for 2 1/2 hours like sweating cattle! I felt so demoralized. Then the crowd lets out a roar and as I look to my far left there is KISS doing a photo shoot up on the far side of the field over the water. They look at us and point and Gene give us the trademark tounge and then dissapear for 20 minutes. Its now 10 to 11 and KISS walks on stage to a pumped but exhausted crowd. To my dismay they dont say a word and just stand there on stage like 4 mannequins in a Macys window. We chant ACE!!10x and he finnaly gives us a thumbs up. We chant PETER! 10x and he's motionless...he then looks at Gene and shrugs his shoulders as if to say "beats the heck out of me" A very arrogant attitude. We then yell PAUL! 10x and he looks over the chanting crowd and nods his head as if to say "yea baby thats right!" Then we yell GENE! 10x and hes motionless. It was pretty degrading. Anyway MTV gives them a cue and like a bolt of thunder these 4 mannequins are now awake and rocking and rolling like there was no tommorow! Go figure?
    They do rnr all nite which you saw on TV, Ace flubs the closing riffs big time but it went without notice. MTV shuts off the cameras after that tune and Pauls says "Wer'e going to a few songs for you people. They then went into NY Groove with the light guitar, Deuce and when the did the Ace, Paul,Gene head sway it seemed very robotic, no heart in it. As a matter of fact on the first sway to the right Gene's head mistakenly moves to the left and he makes a face such as...ah screw it! Then it was calling Dr. Love followed by Love Gun. Sound quality was great, Gene as you know is back to his annoying up tempo "crazy" in rnr all nite and Paul has tottaly changed the original sound of Love Gun and is back to doing it 1992 style. So much for keeping that redundant quote by Gene (keeping it clasic sounding). One last note, when Ace and Gene sung the harmonies to Love Gun they did NOT ONCE look at each other in the eye. Keep in mind they went to share the microphone 4x and there was NO eye contact, no smiles no Gene licking aces face or neck. It seemed strange.
    Overall the show was great and Gene does not look as fat as everyone has been saying. Peters hair is jet black and he looked real good. They were originally going to perform 8 songs: 4 prior to MTV then the MTV song then 4 more but due to the heat Gene and Paul were afraid they would look like crap by the time they were televised so they did MTV and 4 songs. No encore.

[h=2]Sal Governale's Hempstead, NY Review[/h]From:Sal GovernaleI have three words to describe this show: Tight, tight, tight! The 4 boys of rock n roll mania have never sounded so good. Seeing them twice this year and this being the 3rd show I can defiantly say that this was without a doubt the best! Ace's solos were crystal clear and right on the money, Peter's pounding was great even his solo was more upbeat and apperaed to be slightly shorter. Gene sounded awesome and his demon struts were performed if he were to win a grammy for them! Paul looked and sounded great, much more relaxed, even teasing us at one point by introducing "Watching You" with a classic Led Zeppelin riff (very funny). His singing intros were shortened and they even connected a few songs together, one of them being "Shock Me". Every song sounded like CD quality. The new comers were "Come On and Love Me", "I Stole Your Love" but unfortunatly "Take Me" was not performed. The rest of the setlist is the same with "King Of The Nighttime World" being pushed in the later portion of the show rather then the 2nd tune. Overall the show was the best I have ever seen, and lets hope they can follow up with an LP and tour again!

Obsessed much?:hat:

[​IMG]

2. Sponsor

Sponsor

Reputations:

3. HatemanLives

HatemanLives New Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    Hey man, if Ace doesn't lick Genes face, I want my money back.

:facepalm:

4. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    paul's "hair" lol

these old jews and their wigs....

5. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    :giggle:

6. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Are these written about the same show???

7. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

Opps NM I see they were two different shows...it's late I'm torry

8. jyanks

jyanks VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    are these recent?

9. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub Hater VIP

Reputations: