Samuel L. Jackson, Demian Bichir, Channing Tatum Among Official 'Hateful Eight' Cast

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by boognishstern, Nov 6, 2014.

1. boognishstern

boognishstern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Samuel L. Jackson, Demian Bichir, Channing Tatum Among Official 'Hateful Eight' Cast
    Add Comment
    November 06, 2014 21:48:13 GMT
    Jennifer Jason Leigh, Kurt Russell, Tim Roth, and Bruce Dern also board Quentin Tarantino's highly-anticipated western project.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Photo credit: /WENN
    "The Hateful Eight" announces its official cast. The eight eponymous characters will be portrayed by Samuel L. Jackson, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Kurt Russell, Walton Goggins, Demian Bichir, Michael Madsen, Tim Roth, and Bruce Dern. Additionally, Channing Tatum is expected to play a substantial role in the movie.

The project due late 2015 will mark the first time ever Leigh, Bichir, and Tatum work with Quentin Tarantino, while most of the cast members have collaborated with the director before and participated in the "Hateful Eight" live reading. Tarantino's most frequent collaborator is Jackson who has appeared in at least five of his flicks including "Pulp Fiction" and the last one "Django Unchained".

In The Hateful Eight, set six or eight or twelve years after the Civil War, a stagecoach hurtles through the wintry Wyoming landscape. The passengers, bounty hunter John Ruth and his fugitive Daisy Domergue, race towards the town of Red Rock where Ruth, known in these parts as "The Hangman," will bring Domergue to justice. Along the road, they encounter two strangers: Major Marquis Warren, a black former union soldier turned infamous bounty hunter, and Chris Mannix , a southern renegade who claims to be the town's new Sheriff.

Losing their lead on the blizzard, Ruth, Domergue, Warren and Mannix seek refuge at Minnie's Haberdashery, a stagecoach stopover on a mountain pass. When they arrive at Minnie's, they are greeted not by the proprietor but by four unfamiliar faces. Bob, who's taking care of Minnie's while she's visiting her mother, is holed up with Oswaldo Mobray, the hangman of Red Rock, cow-puncher Joe Gage, and Confederate General Sanford Smithers. As the storm overtakes the mountainside stopover, our eight travelers come to learn they may not make it to Red Rock after all...

2. broccoli rob

broccoli rob thanks for the memories DW3

Reputations:
    I thought Christopher Waltz was in this. He was the best part of Django..

My girlfriend can't stand Tarantino, but i'll use Channing Tatum to trick her into going to see this one..

3. boognishstern

Reputations:
    I know there was an interview where quentin said he wanted him & bruce dern. not sure what happened...would've been pretty cool. love that guy.

Gusbuss likes this.
  4. boognishstern

Reputations:
  5. boognishstern

Reputations:
    hope this still happens (from an old article)

Quentin Tarantino Intended to Film THE HATEFUL EIGHT in 70mm
    by Adam Chitwood Posted 287 days ago
    [​IMG]

Some very disappointing news came earlier this week when Quentin Tarantino announced that he was no longer going to make his Western The Hateful Eight after an agent leaked his draft of the script. It was a breach of trust, and one that Tarantino just couldn’t get over in the foreseeable future, so the filmmaker said that due to this leak, he is not moving forward with The Hateful Eight as his next film. The project was still in its early stages, but it was already off to a promising start. Tarantino was eyeing Bruce Dern, Tim Roth, and Michael Madsen for roles in the pic, and now yet another reason to be disappointed has surfaced: Tarantino intended to shoot the entire thing on 70mm. Hit the jump for more.

The folks over at Badass Digest got their hands on the first page of Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight script, and QT denotes numerous times on this one page that the move was intended to be filmed entirely in 70mm. For those unaware, 70mm is a wider, higher-resolution film gauge that was reserved for epics throughout the late 1950s and 1960s, including Ben-Hur, Oklahoma!, and The Sound of Music. Almost all movies nowadays are shot using 35mm or (increasingly) on digital, but Paul Thomas Anderson utilized 70mm for his 2012 film The Master to great effect.

The prospect of seeing Tarantino present his latest Western in the large format is an unbelievably exciting thought, but alas, it appears that we may have to wait some time to see The Hateful Eight—if Tarantino even circles back to the film at all. Head over to Badass Digest to see the script page in full and mourn accordingly.

[​IMG]

6. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    sweet.... let the N word counter begin

boognishstern likes this.
  7. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sounds like Stagecoach(1939) meets the Donner Party, could be interesting.

[​IMG]

boognishstern likes this.
  8. Horff

Horff Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Samuel L. Jackson was genius in Django. Should have gotten an Oscar for that.

9. boognishstern

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

10. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    August 10, 2014

While filming his latest movie outside LA, this almost A+list mostly movie actor has been taking his kid to a certain playground where he collects the phone numbers of women under the guise of play dates for their kids. At least that is what he tells his wife. So far there have been no kids at any of the dates.

Channing Tatum

Gusbuss likes this.
  11. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Sam Jackson wants to see cops dead, 'EFF him! :fuckyou:

Birddog, Lemmy and Head Censor like this.
  12. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    Channing Tatum, to me, looks odd. Not good looking and definitely not a good actor. Must have a lot of knee-hours in his resume....

Turkeyneck and broccoli rob like this.
  13. RockNRolla

RockNRolla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The script is awesome. The ending is fantastic but rumor has it he's changing it because it got leaked. Anyone else here enjoy it?

14. broccoli rob

Reputations:
    Hopefully they limit his time on screen. He is no Chris Waltz.

I saw Foxcatcher (John DuPont story with him & Steve Carrell). His performance was average, at best. Steve Carrell on the other hand was outstanding. Overall, the movie was disappointing.

PI Nate likes this.
  15. Donkeyboy2190

Donkeyboy2190 Never earned a dimes

Reputations:
    Didn't they do a live read of this last year after it got leaked?

16. PI Nate

Reputations:
    Its a compelling but VERY dark tale. Carrell I hear pulled off a serious role, and that he needed a heavyweight or at least someone competent opposite him. They said CT is/was a cigar store indian...:lmao:

17. broccoli rob

Reputations:
    The main beef with Carell's performance (in the reviews I read) was that when you see his rendition of John DuPont, you are too focused on the fact that its Carell. I didn't get that at all. Even with that in my head going into the movie, I still thoroughly enjoyed his performance. After reading a little more about the real DuPont, I believe they could have made the movie more exciting.

I read that the real John DuPont was giving warning signs like a motherfucker that he was nuts. He would regularly point loaded guns at people and once kicked out a black wrestler, telling him that Foxcatcher Farm was funded by the KKK :snicker:

PI Nate likes this.
  18. PI Nate

Reputations:
    JDP was a certified nutcase, but an old money family mega-rich one. So all the crazy, erratic behavior and glaring signals were overlooked, "it's fine, he's eccentric."

broccoli rob likes this.
  19. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...hes starting to remind me of robin williams in the roles that hes taken so far.

PI Nate and broccoli rob like this.
  20. Pickle Jar

Pickle Jar Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Another Wigger Movie??