News Sarah Silverman Lies Like Howard

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by TheLACritic, Sep 7, 2016.

1. TheLACritic

TheLACritic Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Maybe she learned from the "best" but she doesn't seem to have much difficulty lying. How many of her other "funny" life stories are also lies? Most of them probably.

So I guess she wasn't discriminated against because she was a woman?

image.jpeg

http://www.tvovie.com/2016/09/sarah-silverman-admits-she-made-up-wage.html?m=1

Comedian Sarah Silverman admitted that a story she told about wage discrimination (in which she even went so far as to call out a specific employer by name) was a lie — and then said people who might consider her lie a reason to question the movement she was supporting were “maniacs.” In an April 6 wage-discrimination-activism video for Levo League, Silverman accused New York Comedy Club owner Al Martin of having paid her less than a male comic for doing the same work: “I was out with my friend Todd Barry and we were doing sets around town together, and I was pretty well-known already, and we both did back-to-back 15-minute sets at this club, the New York Comedy Club, and he paid me 10 bucks . . . and we were outside talking and Todd somehow brought up that he, you know, mentioned that he got 60 bucks,” she said. “So I went back inside and I asked the owner Al Martin and I said, ‘Al, why did you pay me $10 and you paid Todd Barry $60?’ And he, it was so perfect,” Silverman continued, laughing. “He goes, ‘Oh, did you want a $60 spot?’ It was symbolic, I didn’t need $60, but, you know it was pretty s****y.” Wow! “Pretty s****y” indeed! Just one problem: That didn’t actually happen.

As Martin explained to PJ Media on Tuesday, Barry’s set was a booked job, while Silverman’s was just a last-minute guest spot (read: expected to be unpaid regardless of gender) that he let her have as a favor — and the $10 was cab fare he gave her just to be extra nice. In other words: He definitely didn’t pay her less for the same job, because the set she did that night wasn’t even a job at all. In a statement to Salon, Silverman admitted that she had made the whole thing up and apologized to Martin: “My regret is that I mentioned Al by name — it should have been a nameless, faceless anecdote and he has always been lovely to me,” she said. “This is also HARDLY an example of the wage gap and can only do that very true reality a terrible disservice if I were trying to make it one,” she said. “When I was interviewed by Levo, they asked me ‘Do you remember a time you were paid less for the same job’ and this story, being just that, popped into my head.” Notice that the only thing she explicitly said she regrets is not trying harder to not get caught. In fact, she didn’t even acknowledge that she did a “disservice” to the movement by telling a false story — only that it would be a disservice “if [she] were trying” to make the story an example of the wage gap when it wasn’t one. (For the record, specifically citing something as an example of the wage gap seems like a pretty clear instance of trying to make it an example of the wage gap.) Silverman ended her statement by saying that people who might see an advocate having lied about a movement as a reason to question that movement’s message — something I’d consider a normal response — were “maniacs.” “To the maniacs who want to use this as a chit against women’s issues, I ask that you please don’t,” she said. “Because that would be super s****y.” I guess calling people “maniacs” for criticizing a cause could be one way to show you support it, but I can think of some better ones — like, you know, not going out and doing something that undermines it.

2. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
    I'd still fuck her though

3. HowieHasBeen

HowieHasBeen VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Who?

Imagine that. A Libitard lying to advance their agenda. Hmm....

4. Joeyjoejoe

Joeyjoejoe Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Jew broad, fights funny.

5. The Booey

The Booey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Joo.

Dirty South likes this.
  6. joemama

joemama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  7. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits Gold

Reputations:
    I'm sure she never got preferential treatment either because she's a decent looking chick with big tits. :rolleyes:

8. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I liked her better when she was lying about fucking Matt Damon.

reno, kingship, Cookie_Puss and 2 others like this.
  9. Sloppyjoe

Sloppyjoe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Jews : oy:

Dorb likes this.
  10. June DeMay

June DeMay Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Another pretty female comedian gone SJW when they forget how to be funny.

11. Mark Mayonnaise

Reputations:
    2 posts

New record :jj:

12. Nick Manning

Nick Manning Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I beleive that we're seeing a pattern here. Lena Dunham lies about stories in the her book. Shumer lies about stealing jokes and now Jimmy's ex-girlfriend gets caught telling lies. Typical.

13. Mark Mayonnaise

Reputations:
    Wait what's the pattern :scratch:

Daveindiego likes this.
  14. Punctured

Punctured Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sounds like a comedian embellishing a story. They do that sometimes.

15. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Yup. Perfectly fine to call out a guy specifically as a shithead even though it sounds like he was actually the opposite. No problem with that right? She named the guy dumb dumb.

16. BooeyBanana

BooeyBanana Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm sure ALL political parties have some liars as members..............probably the Whig party did, too, back in the day! :wigtip:

HowieHasBeen likes this.
  17. Punctured

Punctured Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    She apologized for calling him out. Don't get your panties in a bunch. Life will go on.

18. SleepingWarrior

SleepingWarrior Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I love that when someone is called out on a lie like this they then turn around and do the "lets focus on the narrative I was trying to further rather than the specifics of my fictitious story" bullshit. It's like these people forgot the story about the boy who cried wolf and its lesson about how telling lies means that when it actually happens no one will believe it did.

19. Danas Boyfrien

Danas Boyfrien Trump's African American Gold

Reputations:
    I want to munch on her full bush jew twat.

Mark Mayonnaise likes this.
  20. Danas Boyfrien

Danas Boyfrien Trump's African American Gold

Reputations:
    Since almost all people in HR are chicks don't you think there would be more than "anecdotal" evidence of the so called wage gap?