Satellite radio superstars

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by cah155, Jun 15, 2015.

1. cah155

cah155 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Can't believe this is real
    [​IMG]

teehee likes this.
  2. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:
    Smart move on their part. I wouldn't want to be associated with the howard stern show theses days either!

:giggle:

3. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:

I see they did not say Superstars From The Howard Stern Show..Howard would have gone ballistic..Ronnies block party, anything these guys do on the side cheapen Howards brand…says Howard..

blindbella, reno and Mr Fantastic like this.
  4. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    As if the brand could sink any lower. I wouldn't wipe my ass with his brand.

Ta Ta Toothy, blindbella and reno like this.
  5. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    What are those poor guys going to do after the show is over?

6. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Howard doesn't like it if anybody has success from the show. He loves when everyone does poorly. He should be happy that someone from the show is doing good. It reflects on him.

yaddc likes this.
  7. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think Ronnie TLD is going to take the hardest hit when Howard finally hangs it up. He'll be 70, no more strip club appearances, that young girl is bound to come to her senses sooner or later, and he's covered in bad tattoos. I can't imagine him having a happy ending to his story.

8. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  9. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:

Howard's problem is he no longer has a brand. On radio, He was a biting shock jock always pushing the limits what could and couldnt be done on the air. Controversy was welcomed and encouraged. He tried to do a 180 and is now the PC friendly interview guy who would never want to offend any body. In fact, he is ashamed of what he used to, back then he was actually "Out of his mind!"

Most businesses know such a drastic switch in brand identity is tough to pull off. That's why you don't see Taco Bell shutting down their fast food chains and opening casual or fine dining restaurants. The current taco bell customer would never go to them, and the current fine dining customer isnt going to associate themselves with "Taco Bell" no matter how they represent themselves today.

I really hope he leaves sirius just because i would LOVE to hear how The shtern team would market the show now.

EDIT: It really is crazy because the Howard Stern brand when they were heading to sat radio had to be one of the strongest there was.

10. Javaforgotme

Javaforgotme Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Based on the quiet we are hearing from Stern and the press on negotiations - I believe the following:

1. SternBuckwald are making ridiculous demands for contract renewal - basically daring Sirius to fire Stern, or bend over (2 days a week, 7AM start, same or more money).
    2. Stern wants to start anew as TV judge/PC Interviewer extrodinare. However, he can't walk away and start over because he has a crew of hangers-on that he doesn't want to be responsible for being out of work. Bad press.
    3. He'll let Sirius either pay him through the nose with more days off - or Sirius does renew - so Sirius is responsible for the staff getting canned.

"I really tried to keep everyone Robin, but Sirius won't pay us what we deserve".

Either way he gets what he wants.

11. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Richard will be fine. He's a pretty damn good metal drummer with notable credentials, remember?

Sal, J.D., everyone else? Totally fucked.

12. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hard to know if Howard won't allow the use of his name or they made a strategic decision not to do so. Not mentioning SIRIUS/XM is interesting also.