News Saudi Arabia/ shit fuckin' country

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :zcoffee:I'm really going out on a limb here......

Women are BANNED from Starbucks in Saudi Arabia with signs posted in Arabic and English on doors telling them to send 'their driver' to get their coffee instead

Women were barred from a Starbucks in Saudi Arabia and told to send 'their driver' to get a coffee for them instead after religious police noticed a 'gender barrier' wall had collapsed, reports claim.
    Signs in Arabic and English were put up on doors to the coffee shop telling women not to enter.
    The posters read: ‘Please no entry for ladies, only send your drivers to order. Thank you.’
    [​IMG]
    +4
    Banned: Women are said to have been barred from a Starbucks in Saudi Arabia and told to send 'their driver' to get a coffee for them instead (pictured) after religious police noticed a 'gender barrier' wall had collapsed
    [​IMG]
    +4
    Furious: Signs in Arabic and English were put up on doors to the coffee shop. One woman who wasn't allowed into the Starbucks tweeted: '#Starbucks store in Riyadh refused 2 serve me just because I'm a WOMAN'
    One woman who wasn't allowed into the Starbucks shop wrote on Twitter: ‘#Starbucks store in Riyadh refused 2 serve me just because I'm a WOMAN & asked me 2 send a man instead.’
    It has been claimed that the country’s Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice, the most influential law enforcing authority in the Gulf Kingdom, ordered the café’s management to ban women, according to Arabic language daily 'Al Weaam'.

The commission is said to have issued the notice after its inspectors spotted the collapse of a gender-separation wall during a routine walk around a market in the capital Riyadh.
    It is understood that management told police the wall had collapsed on a number of occasions because of regular customer stampedes.
    Saudi Arabia is known for its gender segregation, with women requiring a male guardian approval to travel or work outside of the home.
    In public spaces such as restaurants, beaches, amusement parks or banks, women are required to enter and exit through special doors.
    [​IMG]
    +4
    [​IMG]
    +4
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Disgust: News of the ban drew condemnation on Twitter as a photograph of the sign spread on social media
    A Starbucks spokesman told Cosmopolitan.com that the Riyadh store was undergoing a renovation to build a divide that will accommodate single people as well as families.
    He denied the claims a gender-separation wall had collapsed.
    In a statement the company said: ‘Starbucks in Saudi Arabia adheres to the local customs by providing separate entrances for families as well as single people.
    ‘All our stores provide equal amenities, service, menu, and seating to men, women and families. We are working as quickly as possible as we refurbish our Jarir store, so that we may again welcome all customers in accordance with local customs.’

2. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    People are fucking retarded.

Journalism has really sunk to a new low here, completely misrepresenting the actual situation.

The story isn't that women aren't allowed to go to Starbucks, it's that they temporarily shouldn't go to THAT Starbucks.

Yes, there's some fucked up religeous things going on over there, but that sign isn't a "stay out" it's a warning that the gender separation barrier that's normally there, isn't.

It's hard to say if this is just accommodating religeous folks or if there are penalties if women do go in, but this is no more of a story than if a rabbi warned a bunch of Jewish folks not to eat a certain batch of beef because the kosher process had somehow not been followed.

What a shit story

3. Getthepoisonout

Getthepoisonout I regret my username

Reputations:
    I agree with you 100%, however, still a shit country.

bossofbam, Diogenes, babybear and 4 others like this.
  4. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    this seems like it's actually one of the nicer stories to come out of the kingdom

5. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    my guess is there are penalties from the morality cops.
    The gender segregation thing makes me sick that it exists in my own religion. I can't understand how any father of girls can be okay about it

stanggirl likes this.
  6. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Having a personal driver fetching your coffee sounds kind of good to me. :dontknow:

7. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    This is the country that brought you 15 of the 19 911 hijacking mass murderers.

8. Domo Cup

Domo Cup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Well shit. Can't we just bring the poor souls here? :rolleyes:

9. JoeyDoubles

JoeyDoubles Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Laughing Jackie Puppett in 3.......2........

Laughing Artie head in 3.......2.........

10. Habsfan

Habsfan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Agreed, a country where most can afford a personal driver! than how bad is that place really? I studied and work hard to make a good living but still have to walk my ass in to get a coffee.

11. Tickle Shits

Tickle Shits Special Needs Typist. Gold

Reputations:
    "This is the reason we need to bring refugees in. Do you see the hell that they are living in... Have compassion" ~ liberal

12. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    That sort of stuff should be respected, because it's people's religion :grad:

We need some of that in our Western society.

I mean, why not bring back some 500 year old bullshit into the modern world? What can go wrong?

ScottBaiosPenis likes this.
  13. BethWeave

BethWeave Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Starbucks should close down. I won't purchase another one. Not that they will miss my money.

14. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The renovation adds a few more stories to the building. This way, when they throw a queer to his death, it's assured he'll die instantly rather than be maimed.

Shhhtarbuchs forces it's U.S. customers into discussions about race, but do business in a country who's culture and practices would be condemned by them if it happened here.

Cunts.

15. hoochieking

hoochieking Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Good lord stfu.

16. bdbx18

bdbx18 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I smell condom, ept, makers, baby supplies, toy makers and associated industry behind all this.

17. Joe

Joe Active Member

Reputations:
    1000 lashes for violating the coffee rules?

18. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    yeah no shit, its also worth mentioning they wouldnt even let the joo owner of shttaarrrbucksshhhh in the fucking country!

PSU Shower Room likes this.
  19. Chicken Soda

Chicken Soda Unknown Member

Reputations:
    I for one am not opposed to an Islamic takeover. :grad:

It will muzzle the feminists into their rightful place. Then they can fetch me my ham sandwich.

Well, maybe not ham...

Murcielago likes this.