Entertainment Scientology Opens New $50M TV and Movie Studio

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Murcielago, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    What could possibly go wrong?

A few highlights from the article here, more at the link
    • Scientology 'CNN TV' is set to be launched from the new $50 million studio
    • Miscavige told a crowd of 10,000 people that the religion was going to rewrite history
    • Eyewitnesses told Daily Mail Online there were at least 15 to 20 heavily armed off-duty police all around the outside of the property.
    • There were also at least ten armed private security people plus Scientology uniformed and non-uniformed security personnel on hand
    • Tom Cruise and Scientology want to influence the movie world again like in the 1990s when hit films like Days of Thunder and Far and Away were being made at their main HQ in Los Angeles
    • Miscavige claims the huge network will change history and be an 'uncorrupted communications line to the billions'
    By Chris White For Dailymail.com

Published: 13:18 EST, 21 June 2016 | Updated: 19:56 EST, 21 June 2016

Hollywood may never be the same again now that the Church of Scientology has opened its new movie studios, which they claim has bigger and better facilities than Paramount.

Leader David Miscavige announced to the world that this will be an 'uncorrupted communications line to the billions', as Scientology promises to reach 'virtually every person on Earth'...

The new studio will also be used to make polished propaganda movies to recruit more followers while it's most famous recruit, Tom Cruise, is set to film his Hollywood blockbusters at the glittering base, which has bigger studios and sound stages than Paramount, the church claims...

[​IMG]

The Church of Scientology said that a crowd of 10,000 people attended the grand opening, though eyewitnesses said the number was less

[​IMG]

• The new movie studio, which sits on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles is said to be larger than Paramount studios
    [​IMG]
    The Church has also promised rolling 24/7 Scientology 'CNN news' for its followers in the state-of-the-art studios

...It gives Cruise, who is worth $450 million, and Scientology, which has $8 billion in reserves, the opportunity to heavily influence the movie world again, which they were doing back in the day where they influenced around top Hollywood executives to get what they wanted on films such as War of the Worlds, Days of Thunder and Battlefield Earth.

The Church has also promised rolling 24/7 Scientology 'CNN news' for its followers in the state-of-the-art studios.

Scientology celebrities including Nancy Cartwright - the voice of Bart Simpson - and billionaire Bob Duggan, heard Miscavige tell a crowd of 10,000 people - a claim disputed by critics who say the number was nearer 1,000 - that the religion was going to rewrite history.

He said: 'Our uncorrupted communication line to the billions. Because as the saying goes, if you don't write your own story, someone else will.

'So, yes, we're now going to be writing our story like no other religion in history. And it's all going to happen right here from Scientology Media Productions.'

A statement from the church itself on the opening read: 'Scientology Media Productions (SMP) is poised to broadcast important, good, vital news to the world.

...Miscavige said: 'The average young adult spends ten hours of every day on the internet, and someone searches for 'the meaning of life' every five seconds, while someone else searches for answers about 'spirituality' six times per second.

'SMP will harness the power of every social media outlet imaginable to provide those answers.

'So for the 95 per cent of the world's population that listens to the radio every day and the average viewer who spends some 40 hours glued to a TV every week, the obvious answer was: our own radio station, our own TV channel, and our own broadcasting facilities.'

[​IMG]

Leader David Miscavige said the TV station will 'harness the power of every social media outlet imaginable to' answer questions of spirituality and the meaning of life

2. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Gullible people amuse me

3. Tranquil

Tranquil Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Scientology is just a business, and now their expanding.

4. Tranquil

Tranquil Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Seriously though, if they make a good movie, I will watch it.

WUT7272G7C, Nerd, Tim and 1 other person like this.
  5. DiamondGoddess

DiamondGoddess Born Ready for My Close-Up! Gold

Reputations:
    Oh FFS!!!

Cruise needs to come out, give the Scientolos the finger, and fukkin bolt.

:facepalm:

6. DiamondGoddess

DiamondGoddess Born Ready for My Close-Up! Gold

Reputations:
    Wait!!!

Are they hiring actresses?

:c

MadWoman777, Hough, TheWonk and 7 others like this.
  7. Murcielago

Reputations:
    This is going to be fun to watch, it will be an epic money pit.

8. ljc

ljc fish sucks on the stick Gold

Reputations:
  9. HowardsPrenup

HowardsPrenup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The 'Going Clear ' doc on HBO was pretty damming. Their money is pretty dangerous.

10. Biff DiBiase

Biff DiBiase Philanthropist and accountant at Larry, Inc. POTY Stern Forum Gold

Reputations:
    This shit fascinates me. Ever since I watched 'Going Clear', I was obsessed. I have a friend in Vegas who got out of it and sent me a (secret) recording of her while going through the process. Fucking crazy shit.

11. Murcielago

Reputations:
    "A Bold New Endeavor from the People Who Brought You the Blockbuster Classic Battlefield Earth!"

12. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    I think if I were CNN, I'd sue tomorrow

13. codeine

codeine Well-Known Member

Reputations:

WillieX, Hough, Nerd and 3 others like this.
  14. lastlaugh

lastlaugh Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Propaganda on par with Nazi Germany!

15. stanggirl

stanggirl There's no replacement for displacement VIP

Reputations:
    Every ask her why and how she got into Scientology?

16. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    How many people/followers went broke so they could build this. :facepalm:

yaddc, Hough, reno and 2 others like this.
  17. Biff DiBiase

Biff DiBiase Philanthropist and accountant at Larry, Inc. POTY Stern Forum Gold

Reputations:
    She has money. Promises of more money and "moving up" in the good life. But, she actually bought into the nonsense at first. Ex was big into it, and he is loaded because of it. She is a Chiropractor in Vegas and he does the same thing, except he is now a consultant for Chiropractic medicine.

Scarlett Ohara and LaserT like this.
  18. johnfreeman1

johnfreeman1 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Do they pay tax or get an exempt like other religions?

19. Murcielago

Reputations:
    Article says the 'church' has $8 billion in cash reserves. It''s insane.

Scarlett Ohara and LaserT like this.
  20. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    It's ridiculous the amount they have and that people still follow that. Hopefully it's turns the other way and there is a documentary about the staggering downfall of Scientology. Seems like many celebs have left in recent years after forking over millions to this joke.