Scott Weiland Concert coming to H101 next Friday

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by jr7543, Mar 28, 2015.

1. jr7543

jr7543 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Shouldn't this be on the Who Gives A Shit Channel? I guess 101 IS the Who Gives A Shit Channel.

2. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    Stern put him on the channels because he pisses on his fans... right Robin?

Scott Weiland 'Embarrassed' by Bad Behavior at Boston Meet and Greet

Scott Weiland apologized on Facebook for a disastrous VIP meet and greet following a concert in Boston with his band the Wildabouts earlier this month. "I'm embarrassed by my behavior and some of the things that I said," Weiland wrote. "Fans don’t deserve that. Without our fans and supporters, we would not be able to do what we’re doing."

The incident occurred after the singer's March 13th set at Brighton Music Hall. As Consequence of Sound points out, reports of Weiland's bad behavior at the $150 meet and greet originally surfaced on the Stone Temple Pilots message board, Below Empty. Several posts noted that Weiland was initially gregarious, but his mood quickly soured and one person suggested he was drunk at the time. One fan wrote that when it came time to take a picture with the musician, Weiland "put his arm around me and literally said, 'let's get this shit done with.'"

Weiland reportedly told one fan, "Let's suck a dick!" when it was his turn to take a photo, while another who was told not to mention his two STP tattoos to the rocker remembered: "I walk up and tell Scott something along the lines of, 'I just wanted to tell you I have been a fan for 20 years.' Scott then interrupts me and says something like 'OK, hurry up. I don’t want to hear it.' I stand next to him and smile for my picture…meanwhile, he was complaining the whole five seconds that it was taking too long."

In his belated apology, Weiland ascribed his bad behavior to fatigue from the show itself, though noted that didn't excuse his actions. "I put my all into the show that night and honestly was just beyond exhausted," he wrote. "Either way, I acted like a total asshole and for that I’m truly sorry."

Weiland's Boston show was the last in the initial leg of his tour leading up to the March 30th release of Blaster, his first LP with the Wildabouts. It's also Weiland's first solo album since 2008's "Happy" in Galoshes, which he recently described to Rolling Stone as "an experimental art record for the most part. Blaster is definitely a band sound: a stripped-down, furry sound with a lot of space between the notes. But it's tight and to-the-point while keeping that garage rock vibe to it."

I like Scott but those "Wildabouts" he has for a band fucking suck.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    Guacamole and jr7543 like this.
  3. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    rebel rebel
    music will be interrupted with commentary about how Howard influenced and fake supported/invented Scott.
    :jj:
    I'll pass

4. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    The only thing Howard did for Scott was driving him back to drugs after a stern show appearance......3 times?

5. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Who comes up with these idiotic ideas for programming on H101? There are already enough music channels on Sirius, that's not what Howard's channels should be about. I'm sure they'll play it in an endless loop and make H101 unlistenable all weekend, especially for fans who prefer to listen to old stuff instead of current shows. They're driving away listeners, not attracting them.

6. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Whoa! 1992 machine!

7. FCCstandards

FCCstandards Non-Essential Salooner VIP

Reputations:
    I have to remember to miss that.

piledriver123 and blindbella like this.
  8. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    "Our 20 million listeners have demanded this historic musical event, Robin. Robin, you there?"

piledriver123 likes this.
  9. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Brent said to trust him when people were asking about all the shows 101 was dropping. So far, he's given a show to that obese comedian and a concert to a washed-up junkie that no one cares anything about unless he's with certain bands. Home-runs, Brent! Keep waving them in.

10. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Scott is just another musician with a drug problem. That anyone gets a hard on about meeting him is a miracle. Maybe he should suck a dick and lighten up. He WANTED to be in entertainment. Perhaps he should think about that the next time he's sitting in his mansion with nothing to do but drugs.

11. Droog

Reputations:
    Howard's show isn't music driven in the least. It never was even though he'd interview musicians and have some perform. Sirius has how many music channels for this stuff? Why would anyone tune into H101 looking for music. Then again, I always asked the same thing about sports talk. The only show that complimented Howard was Bubba. Howard never became a brand. He rips on Oprah, but look at how many things spawned from her show. That's what should have happened with Howard.

jr7543 and Rip mcdivvit like this.
  12. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:

#danaplato :coffee:

13. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    I think his other problem is Billy Corgan syndrome. He thinks his new shit and his new band should be held up above what made him who he is, and that just isnt the case.

jr7543 likes this.
  14. Droog

Reputations:
    Fucking musicians take themselves way too seriously. Imagine Jimmy Buffet taking that approach. No one would show up to those concerts. I know John Mellencamp hates touring because he doesn't like doing all of his old stuff. He's embarrassed by the Johnny Cougar days. just do the damn songs that made you famous and gave you the luxury to do what you're doing today because you couldn't live on what you're doing today

jr7543, blindbella and Limo Wreck like this.
  15. Crazy Marcus

Crazy Marcus Well-Known Member

Reputations:

the weirdest programming was when they played the roast of a guy from the band slipknot.

blindbella and tv910 like this.
  16. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'd forgotten about that one! You're right, that definitely takes the prize.

17. Ashbeard

Ashbeard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I liked the Soundgarden concert of them playing their entire old album full of hits. It was live without filler shoved in the first time. Not sure why it was on 101 and not Lithium but it was good.

Limo Wreck likes this.
  18. imissalison

imissalison f**k Mutt

Reputations:
    What happened to Velvet Underground, the band with Slash? Man, what a talent Wieland is, but he is not long for this Earth.