SE02 of House of Cards.....what did you like & dislike (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Getthepoisonout, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Getthepoisonout

Getthepoisonout I regret my username

Reputations:
    Just finished season 2 of HOC. While I really like the show, some parts just seem so "jump the shark" like. For example...all of a sudden Rachel becomes a lesbian because she made a friend after getting out of a terrible life of prostitution. I think a former HS writer came up with that one. Second, the secret service agent does a three way with the VP and his wife. Come on, never going to happen. I think Kevin Spacey came up with that plot. And then the biggest issue of all is how much influence the VP has over all of the Congress and White House. With the exception of Dick Chaney who exerted influence over the war in Iraq no other VP has ever had that much control or influence. I have a hard time buying it. Your thoughts?

Howard related because I think he watches the show.

2. Metalheavy19

Metalheavy19 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's funny I was just speaking with my brother about the very same thing. I think they had this really convoluted story that was kinda thin in parts just to get Kevin Spacey into the white house. I think season three will be really good. If you haven't already watched the British version on the show I highly recommend it. I think it is better in a lot of ways

3. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Hah, I just finished it too! I think it completely jumped after the two murders. The photog affair was probably the biggest waste. The ending seemed ironically rushed for such a long form work. It felt very forced and anticlimactic. I am getting tired of Spacey kissing guys, but the politico-vampire thing as they seduced secret agent man was appropriately creepy.

Gusbuss likes this.
  4. Howchilla

Howchilla VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I'll agree w/ the Secret Service storyline. Starting very slowly w/ Gore and hitting the accelerator w/ Cheney, the VP's role in Washington has expanded quite a bit. Spacey's character coming directly from Congress would have a large role in domestic policy and trying to push things through Congress.

I did love and was shocked what happened to Mara's character. Definitely not expecting that.

5. BarberFloyd

BarberFloyd God Bless DuPont Chemicals Banned User

Reputations:
    I think it was perfect.
    Zoey getting killed in the first episode was awesome, I hated her voice.

Doug dieing made me sad.

But after finding out your involved in a plot that killed a almost to be senator after spending your life tricking, who's to say she wasn't already a lesbian? I'm sure she finds comfort in things completely opposite of whats going on, like sleeping with Doug and being held prisoner by very powerful people.

The three way was weird but leads you to wonder if he is bisexual or gay and his love for Claire is purely based on power, I hope they go into they're back story more because they clearly love each other but why did they get together? Also Frank gets very defensive when confronting Claire's artist hook-up and shows deep feelings for her during the rape confession by the General.
    Why did it surprise you that much tho? If Frank really is gay (which he admitted to experimenting in military school) then he would have to hide it 100% and who could he trust more then the guy who protects his life 24/7.

Also Frank drives his power, he was the house whip before and has taken that role even further. Not one vote cast and he became VP then President, it's a testament to his will for what he can accomplish. Frank will stop at nothing to get what he wants and being a strong VP, although not a popular stance, is something I admired. Why does the VP have to be a miss America that goes to places to talk that aren't important enough for the president? Frank is taking a active role in all sectors and it just reflects his willpower.

I'm pretty sure season three will be about his downfall. The gay hackers and hippies and loose whores and all but I can't wait to see how he handles damage control as the President.

I'd vote for him in a heartbeat. The guy could easily tell any country to fuck off and not be afraid to back it up.

LaserT likes this.
  6. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    I love this show. I was home sick a long while back and decided to give it a try after hearing some stuff about it. I was hooked and couldn't stop watching. So mad it's taking so long to get to season 3. :snicker:

7. dexterdog

dexterdog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Never watched it. What's the consensus? Is it worth getting into?

8. LaserT

Reputations:
    It's pretty damn good. Give it 3-4 episodes and see what you think.

9. Birddog

Birddog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was skeptical at first, but loved it. Can't wait for season 3.

10. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Agreed. I think it's just a little overrated, but that's because it's so highly regarded to begin with. :)

LaserT likes this.
  11. LaserT

Reputations:
    Yeah I totally missed the hype because I didn't even hear about it until after season two was put out. Probably why I liked it more. I missed all the hype. :snicker:

Peau de Soie likes this.
  12. The Booey

The Booey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Didn't see it yet. Is Princess Buttercup still quite the MILF?

13. NyMarkNy

NyMarkNy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    The gay thing is gross obviously but I think it serves to show the depraved shit going on behind the scenes of high powered political people's lives while showing the public how boring and normal they are.

You just know Obama is sucking off fellow Muslims at his mosque he built in his basement.

14. NyMarkNy

NyMarkNy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    She's slamming

15. CooksRome

CooksRome Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I never expected the reporter chick Spacey's character was banging to die...

She was a pretty big part of the show, IMO.

16. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    Never watched it but Kevin Spacey just gave me a bad ass bionic arm in Call Of Duty.

17. Afganistand

Afganistand Motivationally Deficient VIP

Reputations:
    Yeah, the Brit version is good. I wonder if they are gonna end the US version in 3 seasons like the Brits did. Wonder if it will end the same way?

18. Sickboy

Sickboy Latverian Monarch

Reputations:
    Yeah it jumped the beer can thick, gay shark. They kill the hot reporter, and spacey kisses a dude.

19. SomerSky

SomerSky Obsessed with what I hate Banned User

Reputations:
    She really is, but a little hardened.....just finished it last week myself.......loved it, got the tee shirt! Just yesterday!
    image.jpg

20. SomerSky

SomerSky Obsessed with what I hate Banned User

Reputations:
    Is it good even if u don't know British politics?