Sea creature named after Johnny Depp???

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ARM, May 19, 2013.

1. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Boy, I've seen some STRANGE ways to promote a film, but THIS one might be the most original one yet for LONE RANGER. I remember reading an article where Depp once said Prince Namor The Sub-Mariner was his favorite comic book character, and then he bought an island!!! THIS shit must be intoxicating adding to that already dream existence.

[​IMG][h=1]Ancient sea creature with 'scissor-hands' named after Johnny Depp[/h]1 hr ago
    Honestly, if you discover a 505-million-year-old creature with "scissor-like" appendages, you won't have any choice but to name it after Johnny Depp. The Kooteninchela deppi, an ancient crablike sea creature from the Cambrian period with elongated claws, was given its name by David Legg, an Imperial College London researcher and admitted Depp fan. "When I first saw the pair of isolated claws in the fossil records of this species, I could not help but think of Edward Scissorhands," Legg said. At 4 centimeters long, the kooteninchela is assumed to have probed the sea floor with its claws to hunt or scavenge for hiding prey. The similarities to Depp end at the claws. [Source]
    Trending topic: creature named after johnny depp | Click to see more on msnNOW.com

[​IMG]

http://screenrant.com/johnny-depp-comic-book-character-sub-mariner-benk-102488/