News Security cameras capture pit bull attack, two small dogs mauled to death

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by XuXu, May 18, 2016.

1. XuXu

XuXu Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Then the pit bulls were returned to their owner. :facepalm:

http://www.kvia.com/news/security-c...auled-to-death/39594970#.VzzaCvWfYPg.facebook

http://www.kvia.com/video/pit-bull-mauls-two-smaller-dogs-to-death/39597916

EL PASO, Texas -
    A brutal pit bull attack in the Northeast has left a family feeling unsafe in their own home and looking for answers.

Joe Grindstaff was not home at the time, but his security cameras captured the attack.

The recordings show two pit bulls circling the fence around Grindstaff's home just before 7 a.m. last Wednesday. After several minutes, one of the dogs managed to to find its way in between the fence and a rock wall. It immediately attacked the family's dogs.

"The pit bull destroyed pretty much one of my dogs immediately," Grindstaff said. "Just tore him apart." Grindstaff said he would later find pieces of his dogs scattered around the yard.

After the first dog stopped moving, the pit bull attacked the second, mortally wounding it. Grindstaff said the pit bull came at his wife when she went outside.

"She tried to intervene, and the pit bull turned and went after her. She came back inside and called 911," Grindstaff said.

Animal control arrived minutes later, but two of Grindstaff's dogs had already been mauled to death. Grindstaff and his family are devastated, but are even more upset about what happened next.

"We went down to the Animal Control to get our complaint number," Grindstaff said. "I went down there and inquired as to what would happen to the pit bulls. The lady at the desk says we're going to release them back to the owners."

An El Paso Animal Services spokesman told ABC-7 that in Texas, dogs are considered property, and unless they harm a human, have to be returned.

"These dogs are known to kill," Grindstaff said. "They've already just killed, obviously dangerous and vicious. And the lady says that's just how we do it."

Grindstaff said he couldn't believe that. He considers the dogs a danger in his neighborhood. On the video surveilance during the attack, you can see people and kids on bikes going by in front of the house.

"I have kids that walk up and down here all the time," Grindstaff said. "I just had three little kids immediately during the attack just walking down the street. And those dogs were out for blood. So it could have been those kids that were attacked instead of my dogs."

Interim Animal Services Director Kurt Fenstermacher says if a human isn't harmed, state law says the dogs must be returned. There is a chance that may change locally.

"At least at this point, we're evaluating what we can add to Title 7," Fenstermacher said, "which is a city ordinance, and what could be a dog-on-dog or an animal-on-animal type bite."

Grindstaff is now looking at bringing a civil suit against the owner, but said he is still waiting for the full incident report to find out more.

ABC-7 asked about the owner of the pit bulls, and a spokesman for animal services said he had been fined for failure to confine for each dog. The 2 citations each carry a fine up to $2,000. But the spokesman said he could not release more detailed information about the owner.

2. Walygatr

Walygatr Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why can't we own cats that can maul and kill young defenseless children and other small animals?

DiamondGoddess and XuXu like this.
  3. XuXu

XuXu Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Exactly. We're not allowed to own cougars, so why pit bulls? My friend's yorkie was mauled to death by a pit a couple weeks ago, but it didn't die for a couple days. Now they're on the hook for 15k in vet bills. They are suing the owner, but that shit takes time.

monsoon and DiamondGoddess like this.
  4. XuXu

XuXu Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Look at this poor fucking thing. :(

Chicco 1.jpg Chicco 2.jpg Chicco 3.jpg Chicco 4.jpg Chicco 5.jpg

5. XuXu

XuXu Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The last pic is from before the attack.

6. AxlCorey

AxlCorey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    15K?!?!?! You gotta put that dog down at about the 1K mark.

7. Walygatr

Reputations:
    Then there are these assholes who fight legislation from communities wanting to protect neighborhoods from dangerous dog breeds. Some dogs are like guns that can pull their own triggers. Can't predict what they will do anymore than you can their owners.

https://stopbsl.org/bsloverview/

Fillmore Fingers and XuXu like this.
  8. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I woulda shot it

9. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
    Pit bull attack?
    Shocking.

Dark Horse 77 and XuXu like this.
  10. XuXu

XuXu Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Her kids are devastated.

11. Dream Theater

Dream Theater DAWGS E-BULLY Squad Gold

Reputations:
    Fuck... I knew I shouldn't have clicked on this thread but I had no idea you'd be posting pics like that.
    I still like you and all but God dammit put fucking spoilers on stuff like that! Hate seeing dogs suffering.

HorsetoothBeth, Slow and reno like this.
  12. DiamondGoddess

DiamondGoddess Born Ready for My Close-Up! Gold

Reputations:
    I stay the fuk away from pit bulls.

And immediately think the owners are tres ghetto.

13. XuXu

XuXu Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sorry.

14. Walygatr

Reputations:
    XuXu and Dream Theater like this.
  15. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Too bad those dogs didn't have something to protect themselves with. Something to even the playing field, if you will.

16. AxlCorey

AxlCorey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I guess if they can afford it....but wow.

17. XuXu

XuXu Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Most states won't allow people to have fucking ferrets as pets. It's just crazy.

Walygatr likes this.
  18. XuXu

XuXu Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Chichi not a pit.jpg

Hough and Walygatr like this.
  19. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I have a pit Bull mix. I adopted her when she was about fourteen months old. Her first 14 months were horrible. Her irresponsible owns didn't fix her and she had a litter of puppies when she was a puppy. They then abandoned her and the puppies. The poor little girl was on her own raising her puppies on the streets of Paterson New Jersey.
    When she was rescued, they said she was a skeleton. Somebody threw something on her tail and backside, she has no fur there. All of her puppies lived and were adopted.
    She's the most affectionate loving dog. She gets along with people and small dogs. She's kind of skiidish around big dogs. She probably had to defend her family when she was a stray.
    She's sitting on the couch next to me right now. Not all Pit Bulls are monsters. A lot of there owners are though.

20. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Talk about timing. My parents dog, chocolate lab was attacked by the neighborhood pit. Just got the text. No vet needed just a bloody neck. :facepalm:

Masc23 and XuXu like this.