News seems to be a riot starting in milwaukee

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Time Bandit, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    looking for a feed

Brokenbad likes this.
  2. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    Wtf thanks for the info

Snort, RenchFries and VarmintSam like this.
  3. Time Bandit

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Shivvy likes this.
  4. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thanks Johnson

ChimneySweep likes this.
  5. MilkyDischarge

MilkyDischarge Se suelto el diablo Gold

Reputations:
    Violence erupts after officer-involved shooting
    A standoff between police and an angry crowd turned violent Saturday night in the hours after a Milwaukee police officer shot and killed an armed suspect during a foot chase on the city's north side.

After an hours-long confrontation with officers, police reported at 10:15 p.m. that a gas station at Sherman Blvd. and Burleigh St. was set on fire. Police said firefighters could not get close to the blaze because of gunshots.

Earlier in the evening, more than 100 people gathered near the scene at N. 44th St. and W. Auer Ave. and at times pushed against a line of 20 to 30 officers, some of whom were in riot gear.

At one point, the officers got in their cars to leave and some in the crowd started smashing the windows and side of a squad car. Another vehicle was set on fire. As officers returned to the scene, this time many more in riot gear, as many as seven could be heard about 8:45 to 9 p.m.

The shots appeared to be fired in the air by someone in the crowd.

[​IMG]
    Next Slide
    19 Photos

Photos: Violence after officer-involved shooting

Soon thereafter, the crowd turned on and chased reporters and a photographer from the Journal Sentinel. One reporter was shoved to the ground and punched.

Police later tweeted that an officer was hit in the head with a brick that was throw through a squad window. Police said the officer was being treated at a hospital.

At nearly 11 p.m., police tweeted that gunshots again were fired near N. 44th St. and W. Auer Ave.

The string of violence erupted not long after a woman who identified herself as family member of the dead man implored the people to leave the scene.

"We don't want anyone else to go to jail or get hurt," she told the crowd.

Some left but many stayed as tensions built.

The shooting occurred Saturday afternoon.

City police officials said two officers stopped two suspects in a car about 3:30 p.m. The suspects then took off on foot. During the pursuit, a six-year veteran of the department shot and killed a 23-year-old Milwaukee resident, who was carrying a semiautomatic handgun, police said.

The officer was not hurt.

[​IMG]
    A large group of people rocked a car near the scene of an officer-involved shooting Saturday. Aaron Mak

Shortly after the shooting, Milwaukee Police Assistant Chief Bill Jessup said at the scene that it wasn't immediately clear whether the suspect pointed the gun or shot at the officer.

"Those additional facts will come out in the coming days," Jessup said.

City police officials have not interviewed the officer, Jessup said. That responsibility will fall to the Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigation, which is required by state law to take over officer-involved shooting investigations.

"That officer had to make a split-second decision when the person confronted him with a handgun," Jessup said. "This is a risk they take every day on behalf of our community."

Jessup said he didn't immediately know why the officers stopped the suspects.

Police said the suspect had a "lengthy arrest record," though the specific crimes were not detailed. The suspect was carrying a handgun taken in a March burglary in Waukesha. The owner reported that 500 rounds of ammunition also were stolen.

The officer is 24 and assigned to District 7. He will be placed on administrative duty during the investigation and subsequent review by the district attorney's office.

[​IMG]
    People gather in a smoky street following an officer-involved shooting Saturday.Aaron Mak

The second suspect who fled on foot, also a 23-year-old man, was apprehended and is in custody, Jessup said.

The shooting occurred about one block northwest of the scene of a Friday evening homicide, and about four blocks west of a Saturday morning double homicide. Five people died in shooting-related homicides during a nine-hour stretch in the city on Friday night and Saturday morning.

"As everyone knows, this was a very, very violent 24 hours in the city of Milwaukee," Jessup said. "Our officers are out here taking risks on behalf of the community and making split-second decisions."

Nefataria Gordon said she knew the man who had been killed by the officer. "He was a nice good person. He was really respected. That's why everyone came out. They're angry."

The clash comes after a series of tense episodes in Milwaukee involving residents and police, including one just before the Fourth of July weekend near Sherman Park.

In early July, a group of several dozen young people threw rocks and bottles, damaging windows of a gas station and a county transit bus near Sherman Park. Law enforcement beefed up their presence for several days there. Some activists said it was an intimidating presence. At the same time, the incidents also led to a surge in residents and local leaders promoting positive activity there.

Regular protests also followed the fatal police shootings of Jay Anderson in Wauwatosa in 2016 and Dontre Hamilton in Milwaukee in 2014.

On the same day federal prosecutors announced they would not seek charges against the ex-officer who killed Hamilton, Milwaukee Police Chief Edward Flynn requested the U.S. Department of Justice review the Police Department.

The review, called a "collaborative reform initiative," is a voluntary process and a less adversarial option than a consent decree — formal monitoring through the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division resulting from a "pattern-and-practice" investigation.

More than 700 people packed the first listening session in the review process and described their experiences with Milwaukee police. Federal officials say the review will examine the department's recruitment, hiring, and personnel practices; community-oriented policing and problem solving; use of force and deadly force practices; citizen stop and search practices; and systems for supervision, accountability, learning, remediation, and discipline.

The review is still underway and an initial report expected to be released this fall.

6. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    this cant be good news for the beer capital :wtf:

Mr Fantastic likes this.
  7. MilkyDischarge

MilkyDischarge Se suelto el diablo Gold

Reputations:
  8. Time Bandit

Reputations:
  9. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    [​IMG] hehe

DarkFriday likes this.
  10. Pill Queen

Pill Queen Elegantly wasted Gold

Reputations:
    I'm starting to have thoughts I've never had before, that go against the way I was raised.

11. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
  12. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    City police officials said two officers stopped two suspects in a car about 3:30 p.m. The suspects then took off on foot. During the pursuit, a six-year veteran of the department shot and killed a 23-year-old Milwaukee resident, who was carrying a semiautomatic handgun, police said.

-----

I guess he missed the flight to Rio for the Olympic shooting competition.

Hoof, Dirty South, Ingens and 6 others like this.
  13. slipkid69

slipkid69 AKA...Dick Delicious VIP

Reputations:
    Gas station and now an auto parts store is on fire. My city is making it to the national news and not for anything good. Dipshit mayor and his lap dog of a police chief don't help.

Dirty South and TeeDonkey like this.
  14. slipkid69

Reputations:
    Gun was linked to a robbery earlier this year in Waukesha, Wi.

15. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    it's ok, crack an oldmillville buddy and kick back

16. Icculus

Icculus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    you have no idea how often I have to listen to one of my idiotic liberal friends pretend to be outraged at how segregated Milwaukee is while we sit in some tapas gastropub in the Sodosopa of Milwaukee. This is why everything awesome in this city is south of i-94.

the east side used to be the place to be when I was in college, but it borders the north side(where this is happening), so you'd have to be stupid to live or invest up there now.

17. bluedevil30

bluedevil30 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    People now riot for a easily justified shooting?

18. slipkid69

Reputations:
    9 shootings with 5 of those being homicides in the last 24 hours. This police involved shooting was the straw that broke the natives backs and not the other black on black crime :rolleyes:

19. TeeDonkey

TeeDonkey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

Welcome to my world. Born and raised in East Baltimore.

I worked my ass off to buy a house outside of the city.

Hatfield, Slow, Fred Derp and 4 others like this.
  20. Butters Stoch

Butters Stoch Well-Known Member

Reputations:

I was raised by black people that are the salt of the earth, have many good black friends and neighbors that were raised to treat ALL people with respect. But in today's age it saddens me that I see so many blacks with "entitlement syndrome", even those friends of mine see it as well. We are heading to a civil unrest and you need to stay close to your good neighbors!!