Seinfeld: College too pc..Killing comedy.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Morrisb, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Morrisb

Morrisb Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/jerry-seinfeld-political-correctness-will-800912

Jerry Seinfeld believes political correctness has put comedy on a self-destructive path.

During a recent ESPN interview, host Colin Cowherd mentioned to Seinfeld that Chris Rock and Larry the Cable Guy intentionally don't perform at college campuses because the students are too politically correct.

"I don't play colleges, but I hear a lot of people tell me, 'Don't go near colleges. They're so PC,'" said Seinfeld.

He continued, "I'll give you an example: My daughter's 14. My wife says to her, 'Well, you know, in the next couple years, I think maybe you’re going to want to be hanging around the city more on the weekends, so you can see boys.' You know what my daughter says? She says, ‘That’s sexist.’"

Seinfeld said college students don't understand racism and sexism. "They just want to use these words: 'That’s racist;' 'That’s sexist;' 'That’s prejudice.' They don’t even know what the f—k they’re talking about.”

When Cowherd asked Seinfeld if he thinks being too PC is hurting comedy he said it is. In another part of the interview the comedian said, "I have no interest in gender or race or anything like that. But everyone else is kind of, with their calculating—is this the exact right mix? I think that’s—to me it’s anti-comedy. It’s more about PC-nonsense.”

Hear an excerpt of the conversation below:

2. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    college kids are goofy
    they've been goofy for a long time

the crushing unending agony of reality will settle upon them with a density that's black hole like
    and all the goofiness is replaced with the terrifying realization that they control nothing
    and no matter how comfortable they may be in the moment they will know that chaos and despair will find them

this rainy day has really got me blue I tell ya

GameSeven7, ARM, teehee and 16 others like this.
  3. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I couldn't agree more. Especially the above line.

4. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    College audiences like anti-establishment talk, not jokes about retards, cripples, minorities and fags.

Hi Howard (1995 version)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
    ARM, teehee, reno and 2 others like this.
  5. SorryBoff

SorryBoff Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Seinfeld finally starting to get it huh? Remember that clip of Bea Arthur that Howard used to play where she likened him to Hitler, as people stayed silent when Hitler came for this group and that group before realizing he'd come for them too?

The pc police are coming after comedy and only now does he have a problem with pc. Ya should have spoken up before, now it may be too late.

Samurai, ARM, Honkey Donkey and 8 others like this.
  6. maroon

maroon Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I liked it better when the left used to be for free speech & ideas. remember when they were against big government (the man)...those were the type of liberals this country needs. now they just look to get their feelings hurt...fucken dumbasses...there was a liberal prof who came out today and said his liberal students of today scare him...

7. cdfree

cdfree Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I don't see a lot of college students pining for some edgy Larry the Cable Guy material (and vice-verse). Maybe SEC country?

ARM likes this.
  8. maroon

Reputations:
    todays college liberal simpletons account for the popularity of dean cook.

9. PuffyArizonaCheeseFart

PuffyArizonaCheeseFart Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    nice Freudian slip Jerry, @0:34

What is it about Jewish (formerly) funny guys worth high 9 figures not marrying well? :dontknow:

teehee and Divorce Chicken like this.
  10. PuffyArizonaCheeseFart

PuffyArizonaCheeseFart Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :facepalm:

UpInSmoke123 likes this.
  11. HPMikesLazyEYE

HPMikesLazyEYE Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fucking Millennials.

stanggirl, unclefreddy and vaporizer like this.
  12. John Coktoaston

John Coktoaston Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Seinfeld is at a point in his career where he is well beyond doing the college comedy circuit anyway

ARM, teehee, octex and 5 others like this.
  13. HPMikesLazyEYE

HPMikesLazyEYE Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Do you mean Dane Cook? He hasn't been popular since today's college kids were in elementary school.

ARM, lestanyonethink and Morrisb like this.
  14. Morrisb

Morrisb Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm liberal. That's not me. It's not just ONE party. Plenty of traditional conservatives last week were praising Bruce/Caityln Jenner so...:cool:

ARM, octex, blindbella and 1 other person like this.
  15. Benjamen

Benjamen Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    When Tommy from Malden asked Howard in January of this year if political correctness is ruining this country, Howard said political correctness is a good thing. This is from a post of mine the day after it happened:

Tommy called in and asked, "You're the King of Free Speech, right?" Howard said he was. Tommy asked Howard if he thought political correctness was ruining this country. Howard said it isn't; he said political correctness is a good thing. Howard reminded us all that it used to be okay to call black people "the n-word," which Howard finds terribly offensive. (Unless it's in a song performed an African American, Howard reminded us last week. In that case, Howard loves to hear "the n-word.")

"Why are we even calling it 'the n-word'?" Tommy asked. "It's ni99er."

Howard again defended political correctness, but Tommy didn't let it go. "Gary the Retard should be called Gary the Retard," Tommy added. Rather than address the issue, Howard made fun of Tommy's Massachusetts accent and said he had to move on. Howard later followed up that call with one from the rare generic caller, who insisted Tommy apologize to Robin.

ARM, Head Censor, Pooh bear and 5 others like this.
  16. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    this is shocking news....

... that jerry would be on the cowherd show.
    hes a nice enough guy, but i dont get how hes interesting or funny.

17. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    My 13 year old is no different. You cannot talk about race without her saying it's racist. I've corrected her numerous times, but she still doesn't quite understand. She got mad at my wife when my wife commented that boys like her BFF. She countered, "she's not a slut!" We're doomed as fuck. :facepalm:

ARM, teehee, Head Censor and 3 others like this.
  18. Leopold

Leopold Active Member

Reputations:
    Seinfeld is right. Kids have been indoctrinated with this PC bullshit and think everyone is a victim. Free speech is a only free as long as you are PC.

Between this and celebrating Bruce Jenner... you gotta fear the future

ARM, teehee, Head Censor and 4 others like this.
  19. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Yup. I have a 12 year old who thinks everything is racist....including that the teacher 'picks' on a black kid in the class (who by the way is basically a wild animal with zero parenting or self control....disrupting everyone else's learning. Same kid always goes on that the teacher is racist.).
    Luckily, mine's a reasonable and fairly logical kid. We talked about it a couple weeks ago and I think he 'gets' it a bit more. I asked a bunch of questions about the black kid and my son basically said what I'd assumed....the kid is just trouble. I asked my kid if he thinks the black kid should be treated differently than everyone else (who would get the same treatment if they acted that way), and he said 'of course not!'. I told him to think about that.

They're really doing a number on these kids. I'm convinced that anyone who makes it to adulthood still buying into some of this non-sense didn't have 'thinking' parents.

20. maroon

Reputations:
    same premis and thanks for shitting on my point