Seinfeld doesn't buy being famous is a burden.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Morrisb, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Morrisb

Morrisb Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Esquire interview. Now, compare this to Howchie saying he can't go down the street, taking security and doing things is a hassle. :coffee:

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/culture/jerry-seinfeld-interview-0614

SCOTT RAAB: Is celebrity a burden to you?...Can you live a normal life? Can you be a dad? Can you go to the movies?

JERRY SEINFELD: No...Every single thing, yes. Everything is in how you are going to handle it....Anybody that so-called bothers you you're making them happy. What the hell else am I here to do? If I could make someone feel better? There are people that are ill-mannered. But I like to help people with their manners. "You know, you're a total stranger. You can't just yell at me. I don't know you." The first time you get stopped by a cop for speeding—and in your side-view mirror you see this guy coming up to the car and he's got this look on his face like I'm going to take this guy to town—and as soon as he sees your face he bursts into a big smile, you don't complain about celebrity anymore.

[​IMG]

2. LawyerLarry

LawyerLarry Mr. Fuckmoney in the Bank VIP

Reputations:
    Who are these people who say celebrity is a burden?

3. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:
    I would buy this if jerry was on the same level as Howard. :giggle:

4. Morrisb

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

5. Phantom Lord

Phantom Lord Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You mean to tell me that back in the day he didn't have a private elevator and entrance on the Seinfeld set? He didn't have the halls cleared after the show so production people wouldn't look at him on the way to his unused office/bedroom or straight to his private limo through the same private entrance and elevator. How is that possible Robin?

Robin?

Robin are you there?

What's wrong with Robin's microphone?

6. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    He always sounds reasonable to me. I know people who had to deal with him that said he was a prick/asshole, but maybe they just don't get his brashness.:dontknow:

7. cah155

cah155 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    *insert flushing toilet sound *

8. Morrisb

Reputations:
    Howard can't go to the movies because everyone recognizes him. Elections, people stop what they're doing to see him and Beth. :coffee:

mf 2008: Howard said he was just about to go in the voting booth and this loud woman gets a hold of Beth and starts talking to her about the wedding. She was telling her about her charity and asking her if she was available to come to help her out. Howard said he looked at this woman like she was retarded. Beth started telling her to contact Don Buchwald. He said they're just there to vote and they're being bothered by this woman.

9. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    howard is so hideous and tall that i can see going out in public to be a burden. most celebrities can put on some shades and a hat and sort of go unnoticed in public but that just makes Howard look sillier and stand out more. Howard would be constantly gawked at even if he weren't famous. Howard's ugliness is his burden.

10. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Howard is a moron. He doesn't realize that he's boring. If he just went out in public and didn't worry so much about attention, people would quickly see how boring he is and leave him alone. Instead he has to make everything a big production.

11. Pooh bear

Pooh bear Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Exactly... How many celebs live in NY and you never hear anything about them? Only Howard...

12. John Coktoaston

John Coktoaston Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    howard and beth just wanted to vote for obama and leave!

13. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    You have to admit the tone he presents in interviews is a far-cry from his TV or stand-up persona. I could see if his act was like a Bill Hicks philosophic douchebag genius kind of role, but this dude's telling jokes about packing peanuts and cell-phone apps.

On some
    Robert Daltrey "Where are the laughs?"