Entertainment Self hating high yellow gets into Twitter fight with white band boy fruit

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ApeFace, Jun 28, 2016.

1. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG][​IMG]Prepare to vomit. A "black guy" who is lighter than my Irish mother wants white america to know he's gone full militant and won't take it anymore. I wonder if he mouthed off to his white devil mommy too. Timberlake cupcake chimes in to suck a little black twitter dick and still manages to look like a fool.

Justin Timberlake ignited a social media storm on Sunday after tweeting about a moving speech delivered by Grey's Anatomyactor Jesse Williams at the 2016 BET Awards.

The 35-year-old singer sent out a string of apology tweets after facing backlash for writing that he was "#inspired" by Williams' moving speech at the award show in which he spoke out about racial issues, social justice and cultural appropriation.

"I apologize to anyone that felt I was out of turn," he tweeted. I have nothing but LOVE FOR YOU AND ALL OF US –JT"

It wasn't Timberlake's initial tweet that outraged many on the social media site as much as it was his response to a particular critique in which one tweeter wrote, "So does this mean you're going to stop appropriating our music and culture? And apologize to Janet too. #BETAwards."

[​IMG]
    Jesse Williams

KEVIN WINTER / BET / GETTY IMAGES FOR BET

The tweet referenced Timberlake's and Janet Jackson's controversial Super Bowl Halftime show performance in 2004 in which Timberlake pulled off a section of Jackson's dress, accidentally leaving one of her breasts exposed.

Williams received the Humanitarian Award at the ceremony for his efforts to raise awareness of the Black Lives Matter movement. "We've been floating this country on credit for centuries, and we're done watching and waiting while this invention called whiteness uses and abuses us. Burying Black people out of sight and out of mind while extracting our culture, our dollars, our entertainment like oil. Black gold," he said in the speech.
    [​IMG]
    Justin Timberlake

EVAN AGOSTINI / INVISION / AP

"Ghettoizing and demeaning our creations, then stealing them, gentrifying our genius, then trying us on like costumes before discarding our bodies like rinds of strange fruit. The thing is though, just because we're magic doesn't mean we're not real."

In response, the "Can't Stop the Feeling" singer wrote, "Oh, you sweet soul. The more you realize that we are the same, the more we can have a conversation. Bye."

The message only fueled the fire, with other social media users urging Timberlake to acknowledge his privilege and use his platform to speak about social issues. "Go ahead be inspired, but you have a platform to speak up on issues that affect the cultures you're appropriating," one tweeter wrote. Another tweeted: "If 'we' are the 'same', why is it that you have been so successful and black R&B singers struggle to sell? You ain't that good."

Timberlake soon tweeted that he "shouldn't have responded," and noted that he feels "misunderstood."

"I feel misunderstood. I responded to a specific tweet that wasn't meant to be a general response. I shouldn't have responded anyway …" he wrote.

He added: "I forget this forum sometimes … I was truly inspired by @iJesseWilliams speech because I really do feel that we are all one … A human race."

The social media storm didn't end with Timberlake's apology, though. His tweets sparked a Twitter discussion with some slamming Timberlake, some defending him and others wondering just what the singer did wrong.

"Literally don't see what Justin Timberlake did that was so wrong. Point it out to me please. This is not sarcasm, by the way," one tweet read.

Another user condemned those criticizing Timberlake, calling the backlash an overreaction.

"I know the Jesse Williams speech got everybody racially sensitive right now," the Twitter user wrote. "But y'all reaching with this Justin Timberlake outrage."

Radio personality and MTV star Charlamagne tha God, co-host of Power 105.1's The Breakfast Club, weighed in on the controversy, posting an Instagram photo of Martin Luther King Jr. and a quote about speaking out amid social issues.

"But y'all mad at Justin Timberlake because he chose not to be silent??? SMH," he wrote.

"I don't find Justin Timberlake's comments to be offensive," another person tweeted. "He has an equality point of view which is what everyone should aim for. #JT"

However, many were eager to explain just why Timberlake's tweets were offensive – and make him the subject of several memes.

"Justin Timberlake pulled that 'we are all one race' card and people called him out on it. It's that simple," one person explained.

Another wrote that Timberlake deserved the backlash: "Justin Timberlake deserves the dragging for that colorblind view of racial equality."

"Justin Timberlake has never spoken on black issues not one time ever," one tweet read. "Wouldn't even defend [black women] for His mistake. Ally ... Where? How?"

2. Daveindiego

Daveindiego Confirmed Internet Legend Gold

Reputations:
    Butt hurt.

3. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Grey' Anatomy is still on?

ravenrules and Scarlett Ohara like this.
  4. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yesterday's news, but meaningless anyway.

Just another black guy who hates white cops, using the BET Awards (also meaningless) to declare said hatred.

hugh jasol likes this.
  5. joemama

joemama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Its the BET Awards and Twitter no one gives a shit

ApeFace likes this.
  6. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    The ripping of the shirt was not an accident

PSU Shower Room likes this.
  7. EasyJesus

EasyJesus Pappy Gold

Reputations:
    I was checking out Periscope this past weekend, there are a lot of angry black people hating on whitey on that thing :worried:

Shivvy likes this.
  8. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It made me laugh when I saw feeds in my Facebook talking about what an incredible speech this shithead gave. And poor Timberlake, he can't bend over fast enough.

ravenrules likes this.
  9. Domo Cup

Domo Cup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    BET, a network owned by this guy:

[​IMG]

10. Domo Cup

Domo Cup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That and muzzies. I avoid it.

EasyJesus likes this.
  11. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    Mmmmmm.... Cupcake

hqdefault-3.jpg

ravenrules and ApeFace like this.
  12. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits

Reputations:
    JT has some damn good songs. :dance:

13. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    Dave I think you need to stop Appropriating Tommy Chongs schtick.

14. Slow

Slow My name is my name DawgShed News

Reputations:
    Admitting you have a problem is the first step. Good for you bro

15. Pelicanman

Pelicanman Engorged Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    When I see a black guy in a suit and tie, I get triggered by their appropriation of white culture. Same when I see them living in houses, not mud-huts.

hugh jasol, Wiggy, Slow and 4 others like this.
  16. zoben

zoben Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So white people can't be inspired by black people anymore. I guess JT is supposed to pay reparations? The people who say that he's misappropriating their culture don't have a creative bone in their bodies and probably work at fuckin' Walmart. Not a Timberlake fan by any means but he's obviously got talent and worked really hard to get where he is. Hell, even if he sucked Lou Pearlman's disgusting slimy cock to get where he is, that's still hard work!

Slow, stash, Windom and 1 other person like this.
  17. FeetToTaste

FeetToTaste Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

:giggle:

18. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    The poor, abused, put-upon reggies... if only they'd been allowed to stay in Africa where they belong, none of this evilness would've happened and they'd be so much better off. :bigcry:

19. Shivvy

Shivvy 100k Post Club

Reputations:
    Also a lot of slutty women

EasyJesus likes this.
  20. azman5103

azman5103 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Its a culture of envy and jealousy. Instead of being "inspired" to actually improve your own lot in life, make something of yourself, talent, etc, every single thing you read is "How come (white person) is successful and I aint??" followed by the attitude that "I won't work for my own success, I will try to guilt someone into GIVING me something for free".

It even applies to successful black people. If a black person finds success through hard work and talent...there is no congratulations, no inspiration....its always "Well now that you have success...what are you gonna do for "the black community"...meaning "What are you gonna give us?".

Timberlake is successful because he puts out shit music that becomes super popular...just like EVERY rap/hip hop star on the planet. I would argue they have very little talent...but Timberlake more than others I suppose. He's supposed to feel guilty that "black artists struggle to sell"??

It's unbelievable how many people want to be victims and walk around with their hands out their entire life.

SkullofTimmy, Wiggy, Slow and 3 others like this.